Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Karen and her asthmatic child?

Discussion in 'Episode 311 - I Ain't a Judas' started by ThatGuy0965, Feb 25, 2013.

1. mistymage

mistymage Member

A sniper would not run out of breath. I know how to shoot as does my oldest boy (all 3 do).. we both have asthma. While the boy might not be up to a march.. I doubt Woodbury would attack the prison walking. They will drive there. The boy can be at the back carrying a gun and other weapons. Or stay behind and protect the walls from Biters or other enemies.

And really, when it is you vs them.. if you can't hack it.. you will die. The old lady with arthritis was ready to defend and die to protect her stronghold. She was reprieved due to her hands not being up to holding a weapon. The boy does not have that infirmity. But even if he was reprieved and left behind to protect Woodbury he should know how to shoot some kind of weapon.

2. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

Unless they don't make him run.

3. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

I sniper very well could run out of breath. Snipers are trained to move from position to position quickly and uninterrupted, they do not stay in one place. Not to mention if a group of walkers found him. Again it is not the training I am opposed to, It is implementing him at any position during an invasion. It is not about a march, it is about his unreliability and lack of usefulness as a soldier. Again there is a reason our military doesn't accept people with these types of ailments. I agree he should be on wall duty, or preferably something else helpful where he wont just be a worthless death.

This isn't about being made to run. It is about the need to have the ability. If he is not able, then it only weakens the entire infantry group. And it seems people are failing to understand that asthma attacks are not only brought on by physical activity, just the stress of the situation could kill him. Stress is absolutely capable causing asthma attacks.

4. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

All I have to say is Karen must have been all of ten when she had her kid. Maybe it's her brother. He I mean. Not it. Children aren't its. :Grin:

5. GovernorsGal

GovernorsGal New Member

Tch..now-a-days, nothing shocks me. Kids are having well..kids younger and younger XD

6. GovernorsGal

GovernorsGal New Member

Sure he cannot run like some commanding GI-Joe, but still he can be useful with a gun and attending post. He just has to stand there.

7. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I wasn't actually disputing the seriousness of asthma, thank you. I believe that the sentence following that which you quoted was something along the lines of "now learn to use a gun or you'll be eaten by walkers." Obviously, I meant that it doesn't matter if you have any condition in such a situation, you need to learn to defend yourself as best you can.

8. walkerbiter

walkerbiter Member

Same goes for Donna, she looks just slightly older than Ben.

9. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Why would you NOT want the kid trained how to shoot? It might save his life. In fact, for someone who can't run away, the ability to shoot well is probably MORE important that it is for a normal person! His mom sucks.

10. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

Sure, he could do many useful things, and thats why it is stupid to kill him off for no gain. I think the problem is that he wont be receiving an alternative job, but be deployed as infantry. Which could, depending on severity, be tossing a person away.

I apologize as I took your post the wrong way. I felt like you were making light of it like it wasn't a serious issue. I agree that he should be trained to an extent, just not used as an infantryman.

Again I don't think his mom is upset with that her son is learning how to shoot, I think she is upset with the idea of her son being implemented during an attack on the prison and dying before he can even align his sights. I can see how a mother wouldn't want that to happen to her son. I think any good mother wouldn't want her son sent to his death, especially for no gain.

11. Morgotha

I understand what you're saying, but from the governor's pov, why bother sending the kid on a hike through the woods if he'll fall behind in 10 feet? They've got to walk for MILES, and it's no good bringing the kid if he can't make it. OTOH, if they are going to DRIVE there, and all the kid has to do is sit in the car and get out and shoot *from the car* like the governor and martinez were doing, why not bring him?

Besides, if they still have inhalers or steroids, the kid'll be fine. If they don't, and his asthma's that severe, he's probably not going to live out the year anyway.

12. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

You shouldn't bring him because 1. The kid could have a severe asthma attack brought on by just the stress of being in a war-zone. 2. I don't believe anyone would stay in or near a car during a full scale attack. The first attack looked just for fun. And 3. Even if he was shooting from the car, and a need for him to get out and move came, he wont be unable to. Not to mention shooting from one position isn't tactically smart. Having someone who physically cannot move quickly or for any distance is a big weakness that hurts the entire group. Simply he is just better suited for another role where his health issues wont affect his performance.

I agree that if his asthma is that severe, it lowers his chances of surviving immensely. If it wasn't for the protection Woodbury provided he would have no chance.

#52 ripbongs420, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  13. GovernorsGal

GovernorsGal New Member

Pretty much this ^
    If he had it that bad how did he even make it in the first place. It's either his mothers laziness being over protective over him. He needs to learn how to defend himself and if he plans on staying there, then he and his mother need to pull their weight.

14. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

HA! They got you all as well!

The kid doesn't have asthma. It is their way of keeping him out of the dirty work.

(I really don't have a clue, but would find it rather funny if he was just fine and a badass, but playing dumb and unhealthy to stay out of the fight)

15. Austannibal

Austannibal Member

Imagine this.
    During the assault on the prison, Noah and Karen are both present. During all of the shooting, Noah has a severe asthma attack that ends up killing him. As revenge, Karen shoots The Governor and kills him.
    Only throwing that idea out there because I've seen a few people say that she could take the role of that Lily girl from the comics.

Unlikely, but I could see it happening. :zombies_lol:

16. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

Asthma can develop at any time for a number of reasons. It could have just developed in the last few months. Or maybe they were part of the group that formed Woodbury and he has had it very easy and has been taken care of. I mean he did say he has never shot a gun. Seems he got somewhere safe real quick.

He should learn to defend himself, and he should/maybe already is pulling his weight. He just might not be an adequate infantryman. He can only pull his weight if he is doing something he is physically able to do. Give him a different job.

17. Ricktatorship80

I'm thinking the gov will end up getting the kid killed, & Karen will be the one who kills the gov as revenge.

18. Morgotha

I guess we have to agree to disagree here. I think he'd be good to go to stay at the cars shooting, adds more suppressive firepower to the governor's group which is good, and if someone in Rick's group shoot back at him, that's one less person shooting at a more useful soldier.

Also, what's the alternative if MOST of the town is leaving to go on the raid? To leave him as one of very few people manning the walls? What if he has an asthma attack then? Walkers get in and destroy everyone too young or old to be on the raid.

19. Morgotha

Sounds interesting! and maybe could happen given the amount of screen time karen and noah got, but realistically the same could be said with ANY couple where one got killed and they decided the .gov was to blame.

20. mtcsteelcurtain

Okay, maybe I missed something here, but does it ever say in the tv show that Karen is Noah's Mom? Or, is this just known from the comics, which I have not read? I don't ever remember them mentioning it on the show. Thanks!