Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Keep the baby or get rid of it?

Discussion in 'Episode 206 - Secrets' started by RicksGal44, Nov 21, 2011.

Tags:
  1. RicksGal44

RicksGal44 Member

If you were in this position what would you have done? Bring a baby into the world of zombies hoping that things will change and if not then show your child how to protect itself from zombies? Or Take the abortion pills and never know what kind of life it may have had?

2. follower

follower New Member

keep the child i mean there is still hope that there is somewhere untouched by all of this.

3. WalkingDead4Ever

I don't believe in abortions, but I would taken the abortion pill. She needs to focus on taking care of Carl. Having an infant puts the whole group at risk. How do you quiet a screaming baby when a herd of walkers are passing by? She should have taken the pills and burned the evidence.

4. AVC

AVC Member

If you were settled into some sort of fortified community, I would say hands down keep it.
    They are still foundering and on the road. Her having a baby now would be a serious risk to herself and the group, unless they were going to stay at the farm.

But by the looks of the walkers just in the local vicinity, that farm is going to fall soon enough.

5. The Governor

The Governor Member

My baby would have to opt out. As mentioned above, a baby's screams/crying would attract walkers. That puts everyone in danger. So do you bring a baby in the world only to have it potentially have everyone killed?

If they're able to find a safe place that changes things, but right now she's screwed.

I will say this, if I was in that group I wouldn't stay with that family. That baby ain't getting me eaten

6. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I am really glad I am not in that situation and don't have to make that call. But like the Governor says, if I met up with a group with a baby...I would not stay with them. Might as well walk around with an airhorn going off.

7. Flesh Eater

Flesh Eater Well-Known Member

Personally I wouldn't have gotten pregnant in the first place. There are other ways to prevent pregnancy other than pills or condoms. Like uh...how do I say this without sounding crude....um pulling out at the right moment? I'd be damn sure no man got me pregnant during this apocalypse.

8. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

Complicated issue and I will put my answer this way.If I was in the same situation as Lori. If I had sex with Shane at some point thinking Rick was dead finding out later I was pregnant with his child? Zero doubt I would take the abortion pills. I would in no way anything that me ties to the man. If I had been having sex with my husband Rick and no one else and found out the same thing I would keep the baby. Believing in him that he would keep me and the baby safe and things would work out. However if I didn't know who the daddy was tougher choice I would take the pills if I kept the baby not knowing I couldn't have the constant reminder of a stupid mistake of sleeping with someone else and all the guilt. I say all this because of being in a similar situation kind of but can't and won't discuss it publicly.

9. Tom Jones

Tom Jones New Member

Wow..

First of all she did not get preggo during the apocalypse, it was WEEKS before. This also eleminates Shane as being the father, people..

Second, there is no such thing as an "abortion pill" lmao.. are you guys serious?!? What she had was, in lamens terms.. a "morning after pill".. to be taken up to 72hrs after conception. Seeing as she is WEEKS after conception, said pills would have zero effect on her pregnancy. All the morning after pill is a mega dose of Birth Control, which coats the walls so nothing can attach to them.

This is common knowledge people..

#9 Tom Jones, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  10. Flesh Eater

It's TV what do you expect? How do we know Lori was pregnant before the Apocalypse, don't recall that ever being mentioned.

11. Lucky

Lucky Member

Tough one. If you are at a stable place like the farm (minus the barn full of Walkers), I'd lean towards keeping it. If you are on the run though, it becomes more complicated, as the baby's screams could be a legitimate threat to the group. I'm really not sure what I'd do in that situation.

12. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

True, there's no thing as an abortion pill and seeing how she would have to be weeks pregnant to show on the test, the morning after pills were kind of her last resort. That's why she took so many of them - knowing the recommended dosage(1) wouldn't help at this stage. It was really the only attempt she had if she wanted to abort it. Other than the more crude, "back alley" kind of ways....

Because it wasnt mentioned. We're left to speculate the time frame of everything, as well as the possiblity of it being Shane's.

As the topic question, it depends on the situation. On the road - abort. Someplace "safe"(as we see in the comics), then keep it.

13. Ikey N Jaz

Ikey N Jaz New Member

Hello there are abortion pills for EARLY pregnancy!! Read it up!

14. Ikey N Jaz

Ikey N Jaz New Member

If i was her i would choose abortion. I am against abortion but in the situation that shes in, there is no way for her to bring a baby into that kind of world. I mean she will slow down the group, she will need some kind of special care and if she aint getting enough food for herself then how the hell is she going to feed herself and the baby. But thats what I would do.

15. Flesh Eater

Personally I wouldn't have gotten pregnant in the first place. There are other ways to prevent pregnancy other than pills or condoms. Like uh...how do I say this without sounding crude....um pulling out at the right moment? I'd be damn sure no man got me pregnant during this apocalypse.

16. BloodLustKitty80

Her sending Glenn to even get these were a waste of time and effort. She may as well been sending him out to get killed so he wouldnt tell her secret. Morning after pills wouldve done nothing but make her sick and possibly spot blood but that lil bastard would still be in there cold chilling in the womb! lmao @ people thinking it would abort it. Best bet would be to ask the good doc to yank that death bait out of there!...my opinion of course;)

17. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Half the planet or more is dead...why not have kids? Now with that said I believe they should wait on kids until they have a more secure location since kids are noisy etc.

18. RicksGal44

RicksGal44 Member

In the series of course the baby would be born and be fine.But in reality during the pregnancy she would need to take care of herself,eat right, and be seen by a DR. plus how could you run if you are walking around and a zombie would start to chase you? Maybe rick would shoot her in the knee so he could get away?? LOL
    Just thinking about it ya know. :)

19. Newly Infected

Newly Infected New Member

I'd definitely not have it if I had that option, though as several have said already, I'd have done a little more work not to get pregnant in the first place. There are just too many dangers and questions about their own survival to be going through a pregnancy and birth, not to mention that babies cry (loudly) at generally inconvenient times...

PS Tom Jones, while you are correct that Lori was attempting to use a morning after pill, which would not have been effective at her stage of pregnancy, there actually is "such a thing" as an abortion pill. It's called mifepristone. I also think that, while she has been pregnant for likely several weeks, that doesn't rule out Shane. I actually think it rules out Rick given that it had most likely been months since they'd had sex before he reunited with Lori in the camp.

20. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Yeah... I think she was just desperate and desperate Lori = Stupid Lori