Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Kill Travis.....please!!

Discussion in 'Episode 213 - Date of Death' started by Terminator, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Really sick of Travis. His character is getting old really fast. Just doesn't seem to be any character development in him. IMO

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

GAWD and things are gonna get WEIRD now that he's reunited with Maddie. lol

3. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

The only thing that might make Travis interesting is if he was a Walker!

And even that may not help?

4. Znuts

Znuts Member

Whatever the writers want to do with Travis, they need to make up their mind and send his character in that direction, any direction really because he's pretty boring right now. Turn him into a monster walker killer or a genius who can fix things when they break. Anything will be better than what they're doing with his character at the moment.

5. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

Might as well kill Maddie off too, getting tired of her post menopausal leatherface with that "I know how you really feel" look drawn on her face all the time

6. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

When he finally does lose his shit though and become a bad ass..it's gonna be AWESOME!

7. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

To me, Travis is the Dale of FTWD. And as readers of the TWD forum know, I hated Dale.

8. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

I like Travis but if killing him means Maddie gets more airtime as the main character then I'm all for him going.

9. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

I'm gonna be the dissenter here. I think Travis gets a lot of hate primarily because of how his character is written. The character has a lot of noble qualities. They just won't ever let him break out and do something. After all this time with Chris and the best Travis can do is knock a beer out of his hand? That's just pathetic. Had it been me I would'a smacked Chris upside the head so hard he would have spun around 10 times and fell flat on his face!

But it doesn't have to be this way. I have been waiting for Travis to break out of his shell since the first frackin' episode! I got a lot of grief at the time saying that Maddie & Travis were so cardboard cutouts of what 21st century parents are supposed to be. Maddie is the tough I Am Woman Hear Me Roar character that gets things done one. Travis is the emasculated man who is always trying to be understanding and non confrontational.

And so it has continued to this day.

Someone needs to smack Travis upside the head and tell him to grow up. He did the best he could do for Chris, and Chris rejected it. Sure he is crushed he has lost his son, but man up and accept he did all he could do. And then some.

Travis has so much potential. If they will ever let him do anything.

10. BlackLightning

I don't think Madison is the tough "I Am Woman..." character. I think her past family problems, her Southern roots and her job as a guidance counselor are serving her well.

Whereas, Travis has had a very different life.

11. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

I think she's going to be portrayed as being more tough soon, that bar scene with her and Strand showed her slipping into some old dark self that most probably had a problem with alcohol...

12. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Or she was just stupidly taking the edge off with a drink... or 15.

13. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

They've dragged out Travis to this point, so I am interested in seeing his development. They have potential to do something interesting with him if they don't blow it.

They can kill off Chris anytime though.

14. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I'm like 95% sure Travis will be the one to go in the finale. the moral compass ALWAYS dies in this show. There's no exceptions. The writers have repeatedly beaten on a dead horse that anyone sticking to the old ways of life too much will definitely be goners in this world.

15. BlackLightning

But Travis is not a moral compass. He clings to his old life but he's not that much of a moral compass.

Madison and Alicia seem to be more morally grounded than he is.

16. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

He is a dad who loves his son and is working to protect his son...not sure why that isn't enough character development for you guys. He is acting more reasonable about it than Maddie.

I think Chris will be the one who finally kills him, probably mid-season finale next season, is my guess.

17. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Whatever you want to call it, but the person who clings to the old life and says you don't have to kill anyone is always the one to go.

18. Balthazars

Balthazars Member

Travis is the best character for me....its post menopausal leather face who cant act Madison who needs to go..

19. Balthazars

Balthazars Member

Nice post...although that excessive beat down Travis put on that marine... at the end of the first series, showed mega potential...... for major baddassery in a......... please dont make me angry you wouldn't like me when im angry.......... david banner type of way!

#19 Balthazars, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  20. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

For shame. there's nothing wrong with madison's skin. i am very shallow in that i don't find her face appealing, but her skin is just fine. probably it is her voice that i most dislike. she would be the next one to go, though if i could pick. i agree with you there.

the only casting choice i liked from the initial family was Nick.

no leader in sight yet that people would be happy to join up with.