Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Killing Floor anyone?

Discussion in 'Zombie Video Games' started by FUBAR_of_PA, Aug 15, 2014.

1. FUBAR_of_PA

FUBAR_of_PA New Member

Anyone around here play the awesome zombie gibbing FPS Killing Floor?

Check it out-

[video=youtube;IlSbyRuO-x8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlSbyRuO-x8[/video]

2. AFKATafcar

AFKATafcar Member

I love Killing Floor. It doesn't really offer anything new to the genre, but it plays so well that I can ignore that fact. When you're playing with a group of friends, things can get pretty intense. I play for a few hours every once in awhile, and the game never really feels old or boring. Plus, it's pretty challenging.

3. mauricioq

mauricioq New Member

I've played it in the past already, it's an okay game, not my favorite but with friends it's fun to play. I'm already bored of it, but that first play was awesome haha.

4. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

Definitely one of the better Zombie shooting games at this moment in my opinion. I can't say I enjoy it when I'm playing alone or with strangers though. Part of its charm is playing with friends. When I do play with friends however, it is always a blast and definitely enjoyable for a couple of hours. For some reason I can never really play it in longer sessions though, I don't know why that is.

5. AFKATafcar

AFKATafcar Member

Definitely true. It's best as a co-op game with friends rather than a co-op game with strangers or a game by yourself.

6. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

Yeah, I was wondering why that is though. I can play Left 4 Dead with strangers just fine and I will still have a blast but killing floor just doesn't feel the same. Perhaps it's because Killing Floor requires a little more teamwork than Left 4 dead? Do you feel the same about Left 4 Dead being fun with strangers?

7. AFKATafcar

AFKATafcar Member

Killing Floor isn't the same type of run and gun game that Left4Dead can be. L4D is a faster paced game while Killing Floor just swarms you with enemies. That's my opinion at least. I can play L4D with strangers and enjoy it, but you do get trolls from time to time that can do some damage to your team on harder levels and then just leave or get kicked without caring. That, I find annoying.

8. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

Yep, I've definitely had situations like that. People leaving after one death etc. are definitely a problem in these types of games, especially in l4d2 as you will have to wait for a while to get someone to join again. Playing custom maps can be quite annoying too because you need a good host, which is for some reason very hard to find. The friendly fire is definitely a problem sometimes, especially in laggy situations where you can get shot by your own teams.

9. Metalhead95

Metalhead95 New Member

I used to play it on Garena with friends WAAAAAY back in the alpha. I liked the gameplay and how the killing and the guns handled, but the friendly fire really sucked, even tho it was realistic. I guess I just wasn't used to it, in the end it made me quit playing.