Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Kirkmans Letter Hack message re Finale

Discussion in 'Episode 616 - Last Day on Earth' started by Apollonia, May 4, 2016.

1. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

This.

Things get changed up between the show and comic all the time. The question is, Why? Will it serve the story better as it's being told on television, or work better in the different medium? Is it something that's being improved upon over the comic version, more character development and detail added, etc.?

If Kirkman had some input into the decision, and all TPTB agreed upon it for the sake of storytelling, not as a cheap marketing ploy, then fine. I can understand what Kirkman is saying here and agree with it.

I'm not the biggest fan of the cliffhanger, but honestly, there were other things in season 6 that I found much more problematic, such as Glenn's dumpster miracle and having Richonne happen so soon (structurally, not in terms of timeline) after Jessick.

2. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

Hey, I never said it was wrong. It's actually exactly what I do every time I introduce myself to someone so...........

3. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Just replying to a few post I read a page back. Im pretty sure everyone here know how i felt and feel about this topic... Soo i know someone who stopped watching because Shane died in season 2 lol. Haven't seen an episode since.

4. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

Just tell them to search up clips on YouTube for said character. Look up appearances on wikia - problem solved.

5. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

As an initial binge watcher, I think watching episodes in succession is the best viewing experience. And that goes for any show. Hopefully they'll at least marathon season 6 prior to the premiere. Although I think it will be impossible to recreate the exact level of emotion I had at the finale, rewatching episodes in order allows me to immerse myself in the TWD world and sets the "mood" for watching a new one.

6. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

If it's anything like the past season premieres, AMC will re-run the entire show from Season 1 on through to Season 6 finale, starting however far up in the week they need to in order to fit that all in. I distinctly remember premiere day watching the last season's finale (maybe even the episode prior) with hubby before settling in for the new season premiere.

7. Viki

Viki Member

I saw this on The Spoiling Dead Fans facebook page in the comments. I said it there and I will say it here; All this tells me is that he enjoys playing with peoples emotions and that's it. He won't care in the slightest what the fans think, because we are all going to tune into Season 7 regardless.

I also found out that they are filming the death scene in the studio. "Yay!" ¬.¬

#27 Viki, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
  8. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Hmmm,,,,,When you put it that way???? lol

9. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm Andrea. Pleased to meet you, Mr. ...?

10. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

Pope john Pole IV

I have an extra one of my famous hats in my back pocket...

11. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I've been reading a lot of talk about big poles on here the past couple of days, but so far, no one has produced anything. :zombies_nosmile:

[​IMG]

12. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

you trying to get me banned?

13. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

We just met 5 minutes ago, so...no. I have no motivation to want to do that at the moment.

Give it a few days and then ask me again. :p :p :p

14. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

Hi....*whoosh*......I'm Chris.......*whoosh*.......nice to meet you!

#34 Guitarman23, May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
  15. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Now, THAT is an impressive piece of wood!

Good to meet you, sir.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

16. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

*Raises hand* I'm one of the few fans (we're out there!) who did enjoy the way the Season 6 finale ended. I like that it was in the victim's POV...that made it all the more terrifying to watch. I understand the fans want to know who Negan's victim was, if it stayed true to the comic version with Glenn being the one who gets Lucilled...I totally get it. At the same time...I honestly think if they had showed you who was the victim in the end..."OMG, it was Glenn!" or "OMG, it was Daryl" or whomever...I think in much less than six months time, the hype would've died down. I believe that just as Kirkman said---they want the fans to talk, they want to see what theories the fans come up with. The showrunners have said there are visual clues...so people keep re-watching that scene, make YouTube videos to see what they can pick out, examine, to see if they can determine who was Negan's victim. When we see finally see Season 7, not only will we see who the victim is...but how it effects the rest of the group, how it effects Rick, what's going to happen now? And I like Kirkman's letter. It sounded genuine, he's owning that the direction of Season 6 didn't make many fans happy--made many angry--but he's asking the fans to have faith and that they will definitely deliver in Season 7. We have TWD thanks to Kirkman, and since he's a major player in the show, and even allows for some changes...I'm going to trust him on this one. Let's wait and see what happens. And Kirkman, thank you for reaching out to your fanbase. That was classy.