Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Knowledge is power

Discussion in 'Zombie Chatter' started by TDogResurrected, Dec 9, 2015.

1. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

So when the zombie apocalypse happens, there is going to be a lot of confusion, misinformation or even cover ups. What websites/sources you will rely on to give you the news. The initial period after a zombie out brake is critical to your survival. I have a short wave radio that could save my life, whats you all's thoughts on this subject?

2. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I will still stick with my local official channels. I will consider a zombie 'virus' outbreak similar to other large scale outbreak of, say, Avian Flu (eg H5N1) or SARS.

I think, one has to be very careful and not to blindly use what we have seen over the years in movies or TV shows. A real life 'zombie virus' might bare some similarities with what we see in movies but there are a lot of differences.

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I'd skip the shortwave until after the collapse of society. Initially it'll be full of nuts saying all sorts of nutty things. At least after the fall of society you'll know the nuts broadcasting are nuts who've survived like you have. Local channels and internet first.

4. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

I wouldn't solely use WhatEverNews.com or channel 3 news. I'll be monitoring police bands, shortwave, longwave, marine/aviation frequency, cb frquencies, in addition to my local puppet news source.