Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

La Colonia = Jonestown?

Discussion in 'Episode 209 - Los Muertos' started by mistertrouble189, Sep 1, 2016.

1. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Just a theory, but here we have pharmacist/spiritual leader Alejandro Nunez who has become the boss of La Colonia. He has been preaching his beliefs about the dead, has a sizable following (50+ people) behind him, and is able to keep the community in order (?) with his beliefs. Plus with the whole "wall" thing going on, people are typically confined to the community, except for the runners and scouts I suppose.

Even though 2x09 ended with Nick slowing adapting to the beliefs by chanting with the others, I wonder if he will be able to snap out of it and (or his group eventually finds him after learning about La Colonia through others) get out should La Colonia actually become a Jonestown, where Alejandro will convince everyone to drink the kool-aid and commit suicide so they may enter the next phase of death (and they wouldn't be so afraid bc brainwashed). Perhaps he will be able to save Luciana too, who he is able to convince that Alejandro is bat shit crazy and his bite is phony. Maybe he finds an unconscious Luciana but eventually saves her and she joins the group la de la the end.

I just have a feeling about La Colonia. Feels like it's going to have a dark ending/secret a la Woodbury & Terminus, but maybe it is a legit good survivor community (that will probably end up getting attacked by Marco or overrun by zombies)

Anyone have any thoughts?

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I really really like this theory. Something doesn't sit well with me regarding Alejandro. He seems like he's feeding Nick just enough info to slowly brainwash his already susceptible mind. The "bend and show" performance of the bite mark seemed a bit staged. I have not trusted him from the beginning but I haven't thought too much about where this is going with him, but your theory goes well with the flow of what we have seen so far. And we know Nick will eventually snap out of this. That would be a good way to do it.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

His speech at the end sure seems to point in that direction. About how they are going to transition into the next 'death', yet at the same time 'never leave'. And there was almost a bit of foreshadowing there when Alejandro was talking to Nick in his trailer, Nick asked him how he was so sure they will outlast death. Alejandro's response is to hand Nick a bottle of water and say "drink". Umm, ok.

BTW, has anyone else picked up on the similarities in both appearance and mannerisms between Alejandro, and Bob Lamson??

Bob was able to survive his gun shot to the head, as well as a bite, and became the great Ale-ale-jandro! ;)

[​IMG]

4. PepperAnn

Are you as good with names IRL or is google just a really really good friend? I have to google 98% of the names you throw out there. lol

tell the truth now...

[​IMG]

#4 PepperAnn, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  5. Neuropyramidal

You didn't know Bob Lamson!?!?! We can no longer be friends :p

No, I'm just a nerd when it comes to TWD. I can even tell you that the funny looking guy doing the weird thing with his mouth as he runs down the stairs at the prison is Harley. Harley Shellhammer. :p.

[​IMG]

#5 Neuropyramidal, Sep 1, 2016
  6. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Hehe, Harley Shellhammer... he was supposed to be the next Denny Ainsworth but they slaughtered poor Harley off-screen!!

PS anyone know if Nick & La Colonia will be featured at all in 2x10? Me thinks we won't see them until 2x11, that way the episode has enough time to focus on Travis/Chris for storyline catchup time... plus we have 10 characters to meet in 2x10 according to the casting call. Gonna be a busy meet & greet episode!!

7. PepperAnn

Yeah I admit, it was pretty bad that I did not recognize him until I googled his name. However, it WAS the Beth/Grady arc so I am giving myself a pass for that one.

Now the Harley one.....jeez that's exactly what I am talking about. Wtf...

And yes I googled him too. Gotta check and make sure you aren't making shit up. lol

8. Neuropyramidal

They slaughtered Denny off screen too, and they decided they couldn't fit him on that damn bus!!! :p

Denny and I had a long chat about the entire ordeal.

http://www.walkingdeadforums.com/forum/f36/talk-denny-ainsworth-138082.html

I don't think Nick is featured in the next episode. It hasn't been mentioned in any synopsis or sneak peek. I imagine they want viewers to stew on the immunity idea for a couple episodes. ;/

9. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

Just as a matter of interest (or at least to me), they didn't use Kool Aid at Jonestown. It was Flavor Aid. Whereas it's been said that there's no such thing as bad publicity, I'm guessing the good people over at Kool Aid/Kraft wouldn't let that mistake be made today.

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Guayana Punch - The Judys. This thread sent me spiraling allllllllllll back to the early 80s for this tune
    [video=youtube;bhq3O2JGoYc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhq3O2JGoYc[/video]

#10 Dnae, Sep 1, 2016
  11. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Kool-Ade seems to have survived and even increased their brand.

There was a candy named AIDS that intro'd just before the A.I.D.S crisis hit. That wasn't so lucky .

BTW, I think Nick is just 'embracing the madness' and fitting in but not buying Alejandro's story. Only a theory at this point .