Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Lag and Gameplay: How to Use Connectivity to Your Advantage

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by RRock, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Bullet Magnet

Bullet Magnet Well-Known Member

I seen a video where it was explained using criteria like location etc. but 2 houses across the street from each other dont necessarily mean they have the best connection. proximity doesnt always mean a better connection. and in MW3 they would search lobbies by ping and it showed that on screen. the video is on this site or was before the move. might have been disabled by the forum change.

and ill add Im not referring to "skill based matchmaking" just your normal lobby matching. but maybe the skill based makes a difference even though its not supposed to in public games.

2. markzombie82

markzombie82 Active Member

10/4 that's why my knife or shotgun class is so good I got 26 milsec ping no one sees me until its too late
    For anyone that doesn't know use speed test.net and test your connection

Sent from my WX435 using Tapatalk 2

3. The Baws

The Baws Active Member

Brah I got 7ms ping, bring it :D

4. markzombie82

Damn I thought there ain't any faster. To bad my band width is 250 KB/s I can't hoast for shit.

5. TheUser

TheUser Super Moderator
    Staff Member

You do know that ping dictates distance, not speed?

6. The Baws

The Baws Active Member

It has to do with time over distance, which is speed.

7. markzombie82

Agreed distance = speed
    It is the time it takes for your system to send and receive information be it as small as packet data.
    Long ping = oops where was that guy

8. JBModz

JBModz New Member

what do you do if your model is 100ms behind but theirs is 200-300. like where you run out a door and shoot down the stairs at a character at the bottom, 3 bullets and you are dead. kill cam comes up and he runs up the stairs and stabs you as you reach the door. he has time to run up the stairs and stab me faster than i can aim and shoot 3 bullets. if the time was even it would be fair but sometimes its very uneven. run to a barrel, shoot an enemy, bullets hit nothing as he takes 2-3 steps towards you, you fall dead, he never shot. on kill cam he got to the barrel and shot you from the side...