Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Last Movie You Watched...

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Misfit, Jul 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

I usually watch one film daily; whether it's at home or going to the theater. So I was interested to hear from others what is your last movie watched?

Last night, I watched the original ALIEN. I still love that film all these years later. It's my favorite of the series.

2. Negan

Negan Active Member

The Amazing Spiderman! It was amazing, of course, as I breathe Spiderman, but, to be honest, I like Raimi's organic webs better. I know and I know you know that Paker started with web-shooters with synthetic webs, and later got organic web powers (btw Misfit, do you know whether or not he uses his synthetic webs anymore; they haven't mentioned that in a while in the comics as we rarely see him web-swinging) but, lets be honest here. He would be a Nobel Prize winner, Parker would be, if he actually found a way to replicate spider webs. Scientists have been trying to do that for a long time. So how could an intelligent high schooler do that? We have seen Peter do a lot of things at Horizon, but that is in the comics. Get real here! He gets the DNA of a spider, so, why can't he shoot webs?

Also, he was a nerd in the comics. Raimi realized that and Tobey did a pretty good job of acting like a nerd. But Garfield's Peter is a pretty cool guy. Eh fights bullies and doesn't afraid of anything. Webb was better at showing Parker's intelligence though, but, overall, Tobey was the better Parker and Garfield was the better Spiderman.

Overall, I would recommend it.

I give Spiderman an 8/10 and The Amazing Spiderman a 7.5/10.

3. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

He is back to the artificial web shooters since the 'Brand New Day' reboot.
    The cartoon kind off explained that after being bitten by the spider he had an epiphany (brought on by the spider bite) on how to make webs.

4. Negan

Negan Active Member

Was "Brand New Day" after he sold his marriage to Mephisto for Aunt May's life or am I thinking of something else?

5. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

No that was it. He lost all the 'enhancements' and went back to the way he was for most of his career.

6. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

I thought the new SPIDER-MAN was decent. I still prefer the first two Raimi films, though. Saying that, I would recommend the recent film. I had fun with it.

7. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

Just recently wached Unstoppable with Dezel. I'm such a huge fan of his and this movie rocked.

8. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

I never did watch that film. I'd heard good things about it, but aren't a big fan of Denzel. Maybe I should give it a day in court.

9. BrokenAngel

BrokenAngel Active Member

Yes. I like that one too. Taking of Pelham 123 with Denzel Washington and John Travolta.Another really good Denzel movie.

10. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

I never saw the remake. I enjoy the original, though.

11. BrokenAngel

I saw the original and I like Robert Shaw but I really like and prefer this version/remake.

12. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

Robert Shaw is DUH MAN!

13. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

14. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

That picture says a thousand words. Amen.

15. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

Last night, I revisited Haddonfield for the original HALLOWEEN and its sequel. Lordy, do I love those two films.

16. BrokenAngel

Watched OutLander last night.

17. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

Me too! Bet you would never have guessed, would you? Lol

I am at The Dark Knight marathon right now. Just finished Batman Begins and waiting for The Dark Knight to start. Then it's time for The Dark Knight Rises! I am pumped!

18. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I just returned from the marathon. While Rises is certainly not a bad film, it's too long, has "twists" that comic fans can see coming from a mile away, and just feels bloated. I don't mean to hate on the film - it's good. It just could have used some more work, imo.

A fitting ending to the series, though. The end of the third entry is fantastic.

19. Axel

Axel Well-Known Member

Going to see The Dark Knight Rises tomorrow night!!

20. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

I gotta agree with Bassman. While it was a GREAT movie, I felt it was lacking in just a couple of areas to make it live up to the first two in the series.