Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Last of Us II trailer

Discussion in 'Zombie Video Games' started by lastcat3, Dec 3, 2016.

1. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

2. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

One of few games that makes me regret being a forza/Xbox fanboy. And cheap.

3. lastcat3

Hopefully this game is great as well. If developed well the Last of Us universe can be every bit as interesting as The Walking Dead universe is. Plus the reason for the Apocalypse is a lot more realistic that TWD's is. The virus that started this in TLOU is actually a real world virus currently that only insects get but in the game it went over to humans.

4. Kang

Kang Member

Same, but more poor AND cheap. :)

5. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Ehh. Sort of. But if real-world cordyceps infected humans all that would happen is infected humans would go to a high-up place, die, and become spore-dispensers. Not clickers.

6. lastcat3

True. They did definitely exagerate it a bit but I still like the reason far more than TWD's explanation for the outbreak. And if the world were ever to have a zombie like apocalypse I think it would resemble the outbreak in Last of Us far more than anything talked about in TWD.

7. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Someone's been watching TWD S2 and S3 episodes of Beth singing her songs. But good to know they got part 2 coming.

8. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

So hyped for this game! Loved the first one! Got to be my favorite game. And Ellie gonna be the lead this time around

9. BulletofBullets

BulletofBullets Active Member

I can see every strand of hair on Ellie's head I am not okay where tf is Joel :zombies_censored:

10. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I am really hoping for a prequel/sequel type game. Full of flashbacks.

Druckman said the theme of the first one was love and the theme of this one is hate. Given what Ellie says and Joel questioning it. The game sounds like there is an attack, maybe by remaining fireflies, and she wants revenge.

I would like to see the game filled with flashbacks, as Joel tells Ellie about his time between Texas and Boston. There are 20 years from Sarah's death and Joel meeting Ellie. A lot happened in that time. He breaking away from his Brother. The collapse of society and quarantine zones being created. Joel said he was a bandit at one point. Have to imagine he spent most of that time in a dark place, wanting revenge for Sarah. So maybe Joel tells Ellie about those years as a cautionary tale about living with hate.

11. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Looks so good. I got chills when Ellie said her line.

12. lastcat3

Yep. I enjoy the way TWD world builds but I don't have near the attachment to any of the actual characters in TWD as I do to Joel and Ellie from Last of Us.

I wish at times that Naughty Dog would allow a book series to start getting written to expand on the universe of The Last of Us so we could start getting that world building that takes place outside of the viewpoints of Joel and Ellie.