Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Laugh out loud stupidity

Discussion in 'Episode 203 - Ouroboros' started by Goggles Pizano, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Goggles Pizano

Why can't the writers make even a pretence at believable characters. To me, believable characters, act the way 90% of people would given the same situation.

I laughed repeatedly during the last ten minutes, from the moment:
    1) They all wander off
    2) There's a hoard a football field away, and instead of running, dude pulls out his pistol with like x rounds for 50 walkers
    3) Nick falls into the pit
    4) They all can't seem to hurry or communicate enough to push their boat 30 feet back into the water BEFORE being caught by the hoard.

I understand that these type shows need tension, drama, cliffhangers etc. but for the love of God, can't the writers create plausible situations without having main characters we're supposed to care about, act so bloody stupid that you lose all sympathy for them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Well Walker

Well Walker Member

Even in real life people do stupid things. Nothing that happened into tonight's episode seemed that far fetched. I could see someone like Chris taking off like he did. People his age do stupid things. Nick falling into the pit was an accident, accidents happen in RL. Daniel shooting at a huge walker horde was a last ditch effort to kill some of the zombies. While it wasn't an Einstein moment, I could see someone doing that. Nothing was truly head shacking bad tonight.

As for pushing the boat, these people were under a great deal of stress. Sometimes you don't function properly under duress.

If the people we watch were the ultimate zombie warriors and made no mistakes, wouldn't that be a rotten show.

3. jojo

jojo Member

I don't watch Fear tried 3 episodes season 1. Post like this just make it easier..lol I understand their still new to the apocalypse but even the greenest should know to run fast as possible from a horde coming at you, and not waste precious ammo.

4. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I doubt you'd have run from zombie hoards instead of shooting them if you'd never seen a zombie movie or show in your life.

5. Thedraque

Thedraque New Member

They were being pretty dumb

6. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

I have a tough time liking this show. The last episode of last season was great so I was hopeful. The episodes this season all have had an interesting kick at the end. But I'm with Googles Pizano on the show being too stupid too often. The writing or characters are still stuck in a soap opera. It seems unlikely they would be dragging their feet playing dress up on shore and I think they would have filled more than four bags and hurried a little, you know because of the zombies. I can buy Chris running off and his whole development is interesting from the fence line last week to the airplane gut this week. Nick falling in the pit too ridiculous. Could have gotten him in the pit many other realistic ways. Shooting at the zombies would be a natural enough reaction I could buy but Daniel seems to be too savvy in most other times and it was out of character for him.

The only interesting character was the girl from flight 642. If this is the last we see of her that whole thing will be as big a big a rip off as Chris video diary last season instead of actually seeing what happened the first three weeks as the promos promised. Very lame.

7. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Actually, I always thought it was peculiar that TWD characters didn't look for clothes. I guess it was because the comic book characters had a certain style that had to be adhered to. These characters are free to dress however they want, and I am enjoying that they do.

8. J K

J K Member

This has to be the dumbest group of people assembled that make the dumbest ****ing decisions day in day out, I have no idea how they could actually survive with such stupidity. I really liked the first season and had high hopes for this show but after these first two episodes I'm not so sure, haven't seen this one yet but I'm positive more stupidity will ensue.

Nick is annoying as hell, get rid of that shitty Members Only jacket already. Same goes for that little emo twat Chris. The only people I like are Strand and Daniel, Madison to an extent but she can be really manipulative at times. Travis is annoying too with all the hand wringing over every little thing. The daughter is another dummy but she's nice to look at I guess.

I'm really trying to like this show and I know I keep saying annoying, but I've never seen such an assembled group of dopes that just aggravate the shit out of me constantly lol.

9. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

I completely agree. I am close to just walking away from this show. Its like they are trying to make it a cheesy D- horror movie only without the nudity. Characters going around saying oops I fell in a zombie hole, oops I forgot to bring a weapon, oops let's hug a while before the zombies get here, oops... The only characters who act in believable ways are the ones who sit around on the boat not doing anything. That is not entertaining!

The only thing that was redeeming about this episode was that Chris got mistaken for an Asian female. That was kinda funny.

10. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I knew they were in trouble a few minutes into it...
    They were supposed to "hit and run," that is get in there, grab what you can find and LEAVE!
    Did any of them do that?

Noooo...
    Let's go...
    Window Shopping!!!

All they did was take their sweet time, and then some, and then some more...

11. forceten

forceten Member

You give people too much credit......

Yes there are some smart people in the world and in the united states. But the reality is there are many more stupid people out there compared to the small percentage of street smart people.

We watch commercials and wonder who is the target audience. We see - how many people get taken in by scams. Ranging from send us your money to you won 1,000,00 dollars just send us some money so we can release the funds. Things like that we shake our heads at - but people are stupid left and right. Hell just watch the news, and stupid people abound. I'm betting just through the united states, we have probably 20% street smart people - 10% really book smart but maybe not street smart. And the other 70% are just c and D students as chris rock put it with no common sense. Sheep

12. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

the best writers for these kinda movies/shows are those people who can put themselves in the situation

if they are there, seeing a mob of zombies approach.. they can write their reactions accordingly .. this show seems to me to have hired "beat" writers... people wandering around LA waiting for their next job.. some may have come from other successful shows, but they arent zombie heads, they arent manic depressives.. they arent the kinda talent that will bring a ZA world to life..

but eventually with criticism ... and some tweaking of the writing staff/producers... the show will settle in and the quality will build .. if not .. it will cease to run..

I will be watching it .. and I dont see myself abandoning the show unless the writing/action sequence choreography gets really bad

13. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Stupid people abound, indeed. I deal with people from around the world as a job and often wonder how they made it to me unsupervised. It's mind boggling.

14. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

I see such lame, witless and disconnected writing on TWD constantly. One of their excuses is "we have different writers for different episodes" so Team 2 doesn't know the details of Team 1 - perhaps not the geography, perhaps not the time-line. There are so many examples of poor writing that seems to be created by this multi-team approach. Fine.

It's a shame to see FEAR use the same tired writers' ploys, too. "Don't let the character say exactly the precise description."

"Have the listener cut off the speaker so the full story isn't known. And prevent the original speaker from blurting out the precise description."

I think the writing of both shows incredibly shortchanges many common-sense responses.

It's sort of like writing to forums and complaining that "fiction" can't be "more real". I keep hoping someone will notice Dorothy's wearing ruby slippers and she can click 3 times and we'll all end up in a good TV land.

15. Lian

Lian Member

Just started watching the 2nd season.
    And a few minutes into episode 3 (pressed pause)

They went to the wreck to search for stuff.
    Since it all has to be quick and stealthy, why walk past all those luggage ?
    :zombies_confused:
    I would start searching the first bag/luggage I would stumble upon.
    Of course the plane had to be searched also, (there could be some usable items in the wreckage I think.) but why all walk past so many bags !
    :zombies_nosmile:
    Not seen the rest of it yet (will do in a few minutes) I guess its because otherwise they wont meet trouble.
    :zombies_lol:

Don't you people agree ?