Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Lauren Cohan is returning for season 9

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Tony Davis, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

She told EW that she’s coming back and Maggie has a lot more story to tell

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

This is news because it’s been an issue where she wanted more money than she was being offered

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

But did they give her the money??? That is the question.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. zombie_basher

zombie_basher Member

And the entire TWD fandom breathed a collective sigh of relief. Phew

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

For some reason I wasn't worried...but I am curious as @Dnae mentioned if she was able to strike a good deal. I hope so :)

6. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

YUP!!!!

7. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Here's an update
    We hear Cohan has closed a deal to appear in six episodes from TWD‘s eight-episode fall half-season. Cohan plays the female lead opposite Scott Foley in Whiskey Cavalier, ABC’s hourlong action-dramedy pilot from Bill Lawrence, Dave Hemingson and Warner Bros. TV. If the pilot goes to series, we hear she has been cleared to film TWD during her hiatus from the ABC show, though she would still need to negotiate a deal for that. If Whiskey Cavalier does not go to series, AMC can negotiate a full-time return for Cohan.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Its a double edged sword. Good news that she's confirmed to come back, but this also shows her future is pretty contingent on the success of Whiskey Cavalier. It doesn't necessarily mean she'll die in 9A if WC is a success, but her level of participation going forward will depend on this.

9. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Personally, I think 9A will be her last appearance. Just a speculation, obviously.

After the public pay negotiations, I feel like AMC is likely to deem her "difficult" and want to drop her, regardless of how her new show does. But they kind of needed her character to return for continuity going in to the new season.

I just have a feeling she'll be written off out of spite, even if she ended up wanting to stay.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

That’s a good point. This might have sealed her fate when the time is right.

And @Neuropyramidal i don’t think we have to worry about Whiskey Cavalier. :p

11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I have said from the beginning that Whiskey Cavalier sounds like a dud. Then again it might just appeal to the NCIS crowd LMAO!!

IF that show even makes it past the pilot stage I see a very VERY short shelf life

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

I doubt any "dramedy" with Lauren Cohan as a lead is going to be a big hit...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Don't know much about this new show but if stuff like NCIS and the Chicago ____ franchise can keep churning out new garbage and being popular with that crowd then nothing would surprise me lol

14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

and who is Scott Foley? Clearly I am too lazy to IMDB the dude

15. GregsGirl

GregsGirl Well-Known Member

He's the cutey that was in Scandal. Now that Scandal wrapped up, I guess he needs a new gig.

16. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

So we know we will at least get half a season to see how Maggie's plans for Negan play out.

17. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I dunno, the fact she signed herself for a new series to me indicates she doesn't really want to be on TWD anymore. You don't do that if you're happy as can be where you're at.

Wrap up the Maggie story and wave bu-bye. She could easily die in childbirth.

18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

LOL this does not help me at all.....I never saw one episode of Scandal!

I suppose at some point I will have to IMDB the dude

And I am going out on a limb here....but NO WAY is he as cute as MY cutie!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I googled him. I swear I have never seen that man before.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am going to start by saying that I stopped reading the comics at All Out War so I am pretty darn clueless as to comic book Maggie's story line

With that said I am going to put out an unpopular (assuming) opinion about TV Maggie.

TV Maggie only became an interesting and integral character (to me) this season in her desire to kill Negan and her sly maneuvering into leadership at Hilltop . Honestly before that she was a bland TV character who had little depth and an occasional moment here and there.

I am of the opinion that when they wrap up her conundrum of what to do about Negan her story line would go back to being rather bland. And if in fact her comic book character is actually interesting at this point then if for whatever reason she exits the show (by her own hand or that of the execs) I am sure the writers already have a plan A and plan B in the works.

So to wrap it up. I am happy that she is going to be on at least long enough to wrap up her story arc where Negan is concerned. If she ends up staying, then yay. If she ends up leaving, then meh.

Basically I am not going to get all butt hurt about it if she stays or leaves LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1