Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Leave the fenced in Jail and get a magic apt

Discussion in 'Episode 406 - Live Bait' started by mtito914, Nov 18, 2013.

1. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Anything is possible. Could these 4 people survive a year and a half under these conditions? It is EXTREMELY unlikely. Prob like 1 in a million, but hey, every week someone does win the lottery... But, why go this rout? It just makes the show look stupid..and turns a lot of people off.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Probably more like one in 5000. ;) Why go this route? Well because this route understands statistics for one thing. Only one in a few thousands people are alive, so many of the people alive are alive because they lived through extremely unlikely situations. Situations that only one in thousands would live through lol.

#222 Neuropyramidal, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  3. Neuropyramidal

Right, and its even easier than what you describe because don't forget they can look out the window and see the truck. So all they have to do is look out the window for a time when no walkers are in sight, and go for some food. And I think 2 adults and a child, with bags to fill up, could easily carry 2 or 3 weeks worth of food, maybe more. And if no walkers are in sight, they can make more than one trip quickly. They have alive of canned goods and pasta, you can carry a ton of that.

4. Darylette

Darylette Member

Yeah, exactly. You've got all the time in the world to do it, you just go back and forth when it's safe. Plus you can do a human chain passing bags along, emptying them in the corridor and refilling immediately. It's not hard.

5. Darylette

Darylette Member

I agree. Look at stories of earthquakes and natural disasters and you hear about people who've survived in the craziest circumstances, every one in how ever many people will just get plain lucky. This family partly just got lucky.

6. Retard_O_Doom98

Yeah the issue with that though is other people who no doubt holed up in the same apartment block then ran out of food and had to leave. If anyone else saw the food in the truck they would take it and it is very very unlikely no one else would have seen the food in the truck.

7. Retard_O_Doom98

Unless they just moved all the food in the truck into their two apartments on day one. Then it makes perfect sense in real world and TWD logic.

As for apocalypseness, I think you would need a universe where zombies hadn't existed + quick zombification upon death. The bite and die isn't how most would turn, it would mainly be panic and violent looting. Admittedly if you just had an HMG or LMG with infinite ammo then you could only die of thirst or starvation. If it was mounted to a car then you beat the apocalypse. Im rambling a little.

There is no reason the apartment wouldn't work. If anyone made a noise and walkers started coming, then they would just go silent and by the time they made it up the stairs they would have been too distracted by the noise of falling down the stairs. No one would die in the apartments as most would run out of food after about two weeks and have left unless they were handicapped or got sick. You end up with too few zombies on their floor or maybe none so there is no real threat and zombies on other floors can't really do anything to harm them.

8. Neuropyramidal

Well, it seems as though people left early. Mrs. Wilhelm went to Florida, so it must have been early on in the fiasco. I think they probably got most of the food in the apartment early on. It really would only take a couple hours during a walker-free period to get it all in there. Its not something they were have to drag out over a long period of time.

9. Retard_O_Doom98

Exactly my point. They could easily have moved all that food up in a couple of hours into the two apartments they have.

10. Retard_O_Doom98

Stop liking my damn posts Neuropyramidal

:D

11. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I know, despite all the complains, everyone will stay put in front of the TV for the next episode.

12. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Super Duper Lucky!

13. Neuropyramidal

You get so child-like when you can't make your point properly. ;). Super duper child-like even.

14. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I got my point across.

And so did you....Super Duper Lucky.

15. Neuropyramidal

16. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

You must very tired from a big night of Crushing Numbers....

17. Neuropyramidal

18. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I'm all Shaned up!

19. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

LOL, are you serious? Nurses have had courses in both, and doctors, regardless of the specialty, during medical school had at least SOME practice in surgery. That puts them at *an advantage* over someone like say a teacher or accountant who may NOT have ever had practice in surgery at all. Plus, the doctor would at least have an idea of what the priorities are in the situation.

To say that they have NO advantage is to say that having some training is no better than having NO training. That's a pretty ridiculous POV IMO, especially in a survival situation.

But I guess with your POV the people in the apartment had just as good a chance of surviving as Bear Grillis and a navy seal as the latter's training doesn't mean much since neither have been around zombies, right?

20. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Super Duper Lucky. And I totally agree. Not Kidding. No way to debate or explain, because it was a million to one odds these uninformed, inexperienced, unprepared and totally unaffected people survived. I still do not find it plausible... But hay, it's their show and they can write whatever nonsense they want..