Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Leave the fenced in Jail and get a magic apt

Discussion in 'Episode 406 - Live Bait' started by mtito914, Nov 18, 2013.

1. sam12six

sam12six Member

Saying something is not necessarily an advantage is not the same as saying it is never an advantage. It is always better to have knowledge than to not have it when trying to survive.

That said, in this case, how does knowledge of nutritional theory help someone who has nothing to eat but a truckload of junk food? How does knowing how to shoot a pistol help someone who is not shooting a pistol? My contention was just that holed up in an apartment that was magically not surrounded by zombies and eating food off their truck, the fact that one was a nurse and one a cop wannabe may have been no advantage over any two random professions because the skills needed are so basic any functional adult would have or quickly develop them.

Agreed. I'm stepping out of this discussion because it's been twenty pages of people trying to justify what seems to be a break in TWD Universal law with conjecture about what could, theoretically, possibly happen. It's like trying to rationally discuss the logic of a half ton ape living in our backyards for hundreds of years with no proof with Bigfoot fanatics. For any problem with the concept you bring up, they come up with a scenario that could, theoretically, possibly happen to explain why Biffs don't seem to follow the same rules other animals do.

It is indeed possible that they spent a day shifting the contents of the truck into their apartment when the chaos erupted. We can ignore the fact that lugging an entire box truck full of canned goods up a couple of flights of stairs would be a tall order for a couple of strong men who load trucks for a living. It is possible that there have been no zombies for them to fight because one of the neighbors was an ex Marine sniper/survivalist who hit the roof of a nearby building and spent the first couple of days destroying all the zombies in the area before tripping and falling off the roof to his death. It's possible, but there's really no reason to think this was the case. I have little patience for this sort of argument. It's sort of like watching Ancient Aliens where they ask questions like, "Moses supposedly spoke to a burning bush. A bush too close to a propane heater will catch fire. Is it possible that Moses was actually speaking to a propane heater? One made by aliens?!?"

So I'm bowing out and agreeing with you - the TWD world belongs to the writers. They can change the rules if they want, I guess.

2. Retard_O_Doom98

I agree with you on the wannabe cop. However the nutrition thing would be helpful in choosing which meals on which days, what should we eat with what, how should we ration it etc.

Really? You're just going to step out with "I'm right because I'm right"? There is no reason for walkers to be banging on their apartment, you would have to come up with a silly scenario for that. In about six hours two people could easily unload the truck if the little girl also pitched in (not sure if gramps was able to help, cancer may not have been as taxing on him 18 months back). But lets say you're right. They wouldn't be able to take up all the food a single flight of stairs in time. Why not do it in two stages? Why not dump it in an unused apartment before moving it or at the bottom of the stairs? No one is going back to their house for a long while because they have to prepare themselves for the coming months and do it in a single day. Maybe they gave someone who has stayed at home with an already made survival pack food to help. None of those are ludicrous examples. A total of four different ways, three if they couldn't do it off the bat and all of them are completely normal. I just don't understand how you can think that it is a ridiculous scenario that they are still alive.

3. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

Enough oxygen to last over a year and a half? Sorry, but I don't think that truck could hold all that food and oxygen even if those girls who can't even kill a single zombie could get their hands on it. There is absolutely no way they could have survived that long. A tank of oxygen lasts less than 12 hours. That's 2 a day on a good day. That's over 700 a year, for over 1.5 years. That building should be overflowing with those things.

Sorry, absolutely implausible.

4. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I wasn't aware we knew he used the tanks constantly. If he was already bad enough to need it that often at start he'd of been dead already. He wasn't even out f work

5. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

Good point, I totally overlooked that. I supposed he could have only needed it for a few days. Still, them odds of him happening to die as soon as the gov arrives ;)

6. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

The odds of zombies or surviving 2 years in are about as good.

7. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

Sorry to bring this up again, but I realised it doesn't make sense in either situation. If he didn't need the tank the whole time, how did the girls manage to get a tank when they found out he needed one? The one girl was a nurse and could have figured out that the tanks would keep him alive, even without equipment, but that is already unlikely enough with no xrays and the like. For her to also be able to get the tank, when they clearly couldn't handle a single walker, let alone dozens at a time... It just seems like a complete lack of intuition on the writers' part.

8. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

If he already had early stages of cancer then a nurse could guess he would need it eventually. Assuming he didn't already use it a bit since we don't know. She said she took them in the early chaos. So not full scale end of the world yet.