Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Leaving the compound in an open-top vehicle

Discussion in 'Episode 405 - Internment' started by Lolly92660, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

Does Michonne have a death wish or something? Earlier we saw her going out to look for the Guvnah on a horse, and now we see her going out to dispose of walker bodies in an open-top Jeep. And taking along semi-gimp Hershel. Who in their right mind would do that??? The whole group is acting like Rick and Carl's walker-killing spree rid the entire area of walkers, which I would highly doubt considering the noise they made...

2. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I think they're feeling pretty good about now- the medicine has arrived, Glenn is breathing on his own- sometimes people get comfortable and don't think things through. We know that Michonne has had no luck on her various attempts to find TG and Daryl even said his trail went cold. I don't even think I would be considering TG at that point. As far as we know there hasn't been any indication that he has previously been around the prison or in the area.

3. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

I don't think they're worrying about TG either, but they should be worrying about walkers! It has also always bugged me that Daryl rides around on a motorcycle, one of the most likely vehicles to go down for the most trivial of reasons. You wouldn't ever catch me a two-wheeled vehicle in the ZA!

4. mfinley

mfinley Member

If you think Michonne's Barbie dream jeep is a strange choice in the ZA, how about Daryl riding a motorcycle???

5. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

the open top isn't much danger. Michonne is going to see the walkers. Hershel can move pretty well and they aren't going far I would guess.

6. dphoenix

dphoenix Member

*claps* Case and point.

7. WalkingDog

WalkingDog Member

Hmm, I think you are forgetting that a motorcycle barely uses gasoline. I can see people preferring safety but you have to imagine gas is scarce.

I did think the jeep seems risky, but maybe its the only vehicle they'll let her take on her missions to scour the forest.

8. dphoenix

dphoenix Member

I didn't forget about gasoline, seeing as how the OP only addressed safety concerns. But, if we're gonna bring it up, doesn't a motorcycle crank out a lot more noise, which would essentially make Daryl a walker magnet? That's a pretty big safety concern in my book. Yeah, he uses up less gas, but he can't even idle without drawing every walker within range.

I believe Michonne normally rides a horse anyway, and it's because 1) she's usually by herself and doesn't need to lug crew or cargo, 2) gas isn't an issue, and 3) she can ride it through the woods and stuff. I'm sure Michonne only took the Jeep because she was 1) with Hershel and 2) lugging a bunch of cargo. Seems like a pretty valid choice for the situation.

9. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

* governor

10. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

If I want to spell like I have a cockney accent, I will, damnit! Guvnah, Guvnah, Guvnah. So there!

11. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

meh. I'd bet that old triumph doesn't get much better mileage than their Hyundai. It's also more likely to break down, and loud as hell. People are afraid of shooting once as it might bring zombies, but he's tearing around on that? Not very sensible. And since they are on dirt roads part of the time, why not get a honda or suzuki enduro? better mileage, and better tires for off-roading.

Nope, it's just to make Daryl look cool riding around with Nazi SS symbols on his (brother's) bike :(

12. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

It is a subtle form of disrespect to refer to authority with slang.

#12 8307c4, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  13. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

Hmm. Interesting. I think I'll call him the Guvnah from now on.

14. rustybag

rustybag Member

Absolutely! They can't just assume the roads are safe or in drivable conditions. How many times have they come across a roadblock, or a herd of walkers.

15. Suedeanthracite

You bring up an interesting point. Daryl said he hadn't gone looking for TG because the trail had gone cold - and he is the expert tracker. But all of a sudden, there's TG right outside the prison. Did Daryl really try tracking him at all or has TG been out creating mischief in the interim? I think we will determine it's the latter within the next couple of episodes.

16. JTR357

JTR357 Member

That always bugged me too.

17. DeadRun

DeadRun Member

Daryl (the tracker) wasn't the one going out after the Gov. He was just asking Michonne why she was still going out as "the trail has gone cold".

18. charlieez

charlieez Member

LMAO! I will now only refer to him as the Guvnah.

I think they are just going down into the front of the field to burn the bodies. After the massacre at Little Fence, there are probably only a few walkers wandering around.

Plus I think they want to us to get worried because what happened when the Guvnah showed up last time. Here's hoping he comes in through the giant ass hole in the back.

Oh man, did I just say I want him to sneak up on them? That felt dirty.

Of course there is also the potential that Guvnah shoots Herschel and grabs Michonne, while Rick and Son are enjoying their peas.

19. Suedeanthracite

I know that he wasn't shown going out after TG in season 4, but I assumed he knew the trail was cold due to some effort to track during the interim between S3 and S4.

20. DonnyTWD

DonnyTWD Active Member

keep calm ...both Michonne and Hershel are perfectly capable in handling themselves.

[​IMG]