Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Less talk, more bang bang

Discussion in 'Episode 402 - Another Day in the Diamond' started by TDogResurrected, Apr 24, 2018.

1. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

What would you do if you have a group outside of your camp that openly discusses destroying/killing another group, and are making passive threats to you and yours. IMO, in zombieland, the second someone threatens you, BOOM! People don't make ideal threats in zombieland, they act. So if the bad guys are ganna be stupid enough to smirk at me, face to face, and think im not ganna do something... What about you? Kinda like Governor rolling up to the prison with his weak ass 1st army. You know your location isn't safe. Run? Fight? What do you think?

2. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I couldn’t tell if the Vultures actually destroy groups or they wait for vulnerable groups to get wiped out some other way - his comment about the oil tank camp confused me. The breaker valve. Did they cause it to explode?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I don't understand why the Vultures would wait for the group to collapse. By then, all of the food supplies would be gone.

How many light bulbs can they want....

I think you do want to take the Vultures out, but if they stay in their various truck homes, how do you get them all together to massacre them?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Right now it seems like they have the advantage, because this group isn't as large and because they are sitting ducks out in the parking lot while Madison's people are behind walls with guns.

But I'm sure this will be a turning point for them and their welcoming attitude that they currently hold with outsiders. Right now they are in Rick's "3 questions" phase. I think that's what they were hinting at with Madison's conversation with Naomi about taking chances on people. Right now they seem pretty confident about going out and finding people & welcoming them in. They didn't even seem all that scared when Naomi pointed her gun right at them. The community is giving them confidence.

I think they are going to try & welcome the group in to live with them, and the group will try to screw them over once they are inside the walls...I don't think they'll win but i think it will change the group and make them less trusting as we saw in their interactions with Morgan.

As far as what i would do...it's hard to say. It's easy to say i would just shoot them and be done with it, but i just don't think they are in that frame of mind. The fact that Luciana brought the book out to the little girl shows they are trying to connect with people instead of wiping away every risky person who could potentially be an addition to the community. But like i said above, that will change soon i'm sure ;)

#4 Jen7, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

If they welcomed in a bunch of people that just threatened them like that.....that would be called OVERLY WELCOME. Also overly naive which they are not. I'll be so mad at the writers. LOL

6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

It does seem like a stretch right now...but i'm wondering if this group will take Luciana's gesture as a weakness, and play off of it. Like "ok if we say this or this, they'll welcome us in..."

Or maybe they won't be welcomed in at all, and they will infiltrate the place and sabotage things somehow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

They need to start putting grenades in that baseball launcher. they apparently have 6 dozen of them. ;)

I don't think these people simply wait for communities to collapse on their own. That doesn't make much sense. I think they play a part in that collapse. They sabotage. I assume he was being coy when he told Madison about the breaker valve on the oil tank destroying the previous group. I imagine they made it happen.

As for Charlie, she's a victim too. She's perhaps 10 years old. Being told what to do by bad adults. I doubt Mel gave her much of a choice. If Rick had told Carl in Season one, "we need you to go into the Vatos den and gain information about them" he would have done it, if he was brave enough. And he would have done it with no real understanding of good vs. bad groups, or which was which. He would have done it cause his dad told him to do it. She's being manipulated, and put into dangerous situations [the next group they send her into might be composed of a rapist gang], the same way any child is abused and manipulated by adults. They probably have her believing she is doing a very good thing.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. TDogResurrected

They DEFINITELY caused that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. TDogResurrected

An assault on foot might not be the answer. But killing/shooting one per day from the fence's to send the clear message that, more to come if you choose to continue, might be best. And id play loud music through the stadiums speakers to attract zombies (at least until the vultures move on), see how much they like constant zombies and no walls.

• Like Like x 1
  10. PepperAnn

That's a really good idea.

11. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I would further presume they had a hand in the boll weevil incident, those crops dying are no accident, that's why these so-called "Vultures" just so happened to show up then...

These vultures would not just so happen to show up and then wait forever and ever for groups to dissipate on their own, that could take years and why would they?

No sir, these particular vultures "seed" the destruction, then show up while it takes place and wait to reap up the bennies.

Personally I wouldn't fight them... But I would load up quickly and quietly and then sneak out and RUN like punk for a long, long time. I would take as much as I could with me, then destroy the rest or leave the light bulbs and other useless items they can have.

They wouldn't see me again, punks like them don't last forever. I would one day be able to reclaim that turf, granted it would be like starting all over.

It would be far more difficult with a group.
    Perhaps impossible, I would not want to attempt a run like that other than solo.

12. Neuropyramidal

So you'd basically be a coward as soon as a few buses showed up and talked mean to you?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

That's a lot of work put into a place to just up and leave when one questionable group shows up. I think I would rather fight for it if I had to lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I'd spray them in the eyes with dog pepper spray and run like the dickens until i see the atlantic ocean.

#14 Jen7, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Neuropyramidal

I'd drop a 50 cent piece so two of them bumped heads trying to pick it up, in hopes of starting a civil war within their group. Let them thin their own numbers, then come in for the kill.

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Playing music to attract zombies and throwing baseball grenades... You guys are brilliant!
    I was just hoping they snipe that passive agressive clown while he was blabling, but I like your ideas much better!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. TDogResurrected

Agreed, I thought Madison was ganna be more...brash. After how she HANDLED troy... I thought she'd have zero tolerance for threats to her and her family.

18. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I think that the little girl does the sabotage before the vultures show up. By the time they show up, the community is already in crisis because Charlie has done something to sabotage them. She could have done something to the valve or helped to speed up the spread of the weavils under instruction from vultures leadership. then the vultures show up knowing that it is only a matter of time

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

That could very well be! They are set up outside the place like they are waiting for a show.

20. PepperAnn

It’s so weird but welcoming seeing you take part in FTWD discussions. Lol

• Like Like x 1