Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"Let's go to Washington!"

Discussion in 'Episode 509 - What Happened and What's Going On' started by mistymage, Feb 9, 2015.

1. mistymage

mistymage Member

Why, Michonne? Why would you want to head to a gigantic zombie filled city? No one in charge will be there... they bugged out to the Rockies or wherever else the hidey-holes are (bunkers beneath corn fields or maybe some place up in Alaska).

I'm guessing that Washington DC has a population of 3 million in a 50 mile radius: I was close (hah) 7 million http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1683767

Atlanta had 5 million and look how rough it was just outside of it (the quarry).

Throw in that Dr. Jenner would have mentioned if there was anything viable in DC and you have a zombie filled jaunt for no reason.

I could see heading in any particular direction if there was a reason. Like maybe a helicopter flies overhead and drops off a box. Inside the box are a couple guns with ammo, a map to a secure location and some Big Kat bars. What happens when our intrepid heroes arrive at the secure location I'll leave to your imaginations but assume there will be hijinx and stuff and thangs.

2. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

She is thinking about what Eugene said. Eugene absolutely lied about knowing how to fix the situation but he is a smart guy and he lied so he could get to DC for a reason. I think he figures that DC is the seat of government and that they would have safe places for the politicians and that they may be able to get in on that. It's not the worst plan ever.

3. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

The suburbs surrounding DC is the richest area in the country due to the large amount of government workers. There are most likely large gated communities there which could possibly become secure, if they are not already. Besides, if there was any sort of methods for community protection, the most likely place for this to be implemented would be in those areas where the rich politicians and lobbyists live.

4. Hershell Walker

I donno about you but I would say screw DC and head straight for Hollywood in search of Bill Murray's house

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think being 100 miles away, it would be worth at least briefly checking out D.C. I agree that I wouldn't aimlessly enter the city and try doing a building to building search for a sanctuary, but I think since they are this close, it could be worth at least heading to the outskirts of the city and listening for radio broadcasts and attempting communication with the walkies. Maybe looking for other signs that some kind of organized survival is going on there. But I think if it appeared dead then I'd fairly quickly abandon the idea and head east to the coast.

6. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

More than anything, I think they've exhausted their resources in the Atlanta area and it is definitely time for a change. They have had absolutely no contact with the outside world, so there's no way for them to know either way, but what's the point of staying stagnant in the south? If I was on the east coast, I would head for DC or New York - likely filled with walkers, like any other place on Earth at this point, but as has already been mentioned above, also probably more likely to have secure locations and/or more organized survival communities.

7. Daryl's Owl

Daryl's Owl Member

The walkers roam around in search of food. They follow anything that catches their attention and all it really takes is one walker following something for a bunch to start following it and form a herd. It stands to reason that not all of the cities would remain congested with walkers. The more time that passe after the outbreak, the more walkers find their way out of the cities.

8. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

Completely agree. Being that close I would also look and listen for some form of civilization. But I wouldn't put myself in any extreme danger just to find out. I think that Team Rick can handle a trip to just about any where. So I could see them giving this a shot.

9. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

They need a change. And a new chance. They lost everything in their former locations, so why not D.C.?

10. Hershell Walker

I just don't get how none of them ever thought of heading for the coast in search for an island. Get a working boat and head straight for a nice small island that was previously populated... clear it of all walkers and live peacefully... Then they can keep the action going (for TV purposes) by going on supply runs to the mainland and fending off other groups trying to take their island.

11. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

They are grasping at any straw they can. The group is about ready to cash it in. When Michonne and Glenn start to lose faith, it is the beginning of the end for the group if they don't get some kind of hope soon.

12. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Why not? It's not like they have anything better to do. But yes, it's wise to stay away from the actual city area itself. Probably worth at least checking the general area out though.

13. pilight

pilight Member

Michonne should have gone back to her suggestion from Season 3. Head to the coast, find an island.

14. Neuropyramidal

Glenn is starting to lose hope, but Michonne seems to be the symbol of hope for the group right now. She is he one talking about bigger ideas like cutting down trees to fortify the community, and travelling to Washington, while much of the rest of the group is mostly just following Rick in a daze, and concentrating on hour by hour survival. But yeah, they are in a bad place right now. If not for Michonne and Rick, they would be lost.

15. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Believe it or not. The Gov has a bunker in Alexandria Virginia.

16. Neuropyramidal

Just think of all the folks we will shortly be meeting. I hope there is a really old couple. I mean old...like early 90's. It would be moving to see the juxtaposition of such frailty surviving in this desolation.

17. bluesfan

bluesfan Active Member

they won't make there until the spinoff

The Walking Dead" Washington, a few years later The Walking Dead: Los Angeles and then The Walking Dead: New Orleans

18. Neuropyramidal

Speaking of Glenn and his new Debbie downer outlook, I predict that the writers are deliberately giving Glenn an increasingly negative outlook so in a couple episodes from now he will do a 180 and be like

[​IMG]

19. dmcelvanna12

dmcelvanna12 New Member

Morgan

Morgan seen Abraham's map were it says the new world is gonna need a rick grimes. So Morgan is heading to Washington and they will find each other

20. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Michonne had this plan when her and Andrea were in Woodbury but she hasn't mentioned it since.