Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"Let's go to Washington!"

Discussion in 'Episode 509 - What Happened and What's Going On' started by mistymage, Feb 9, 2015.

1. TheTunnelRunner

Michonne also had made the decision that Macon County (not the town) was where she was going to go at one point. She pointed to it on a map when she was alone at the prison. Must have had a reason, but she apparently forgot all about that quickly too.

2. TheTunnelRunner

Gilligan's Apocalypse needs a professor!
    Apparently, Glen has forgotten that he had realized the walker herds were "migrating". All this time no one in the group has been noting where the herds are going and when (seems it would be a top priority.) The herd that scared away Sophia was heading North East and would finally be arriving in Washington, D.C. about now. Nothing I've seen points to the other herds moving in a different direction unless they are temporarily distracted. Rick and company have never been very bright. They'd see plenty of easily walker-defended locations (with food) just within 300 miles of Atlanta simply by looking at a map. Rick just hangin' out in a boat with a fishin' pole every day wouldn't be much of a zombie show, I guess.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

duh

4. Makenna

Makenna Member

She was going to Macon to search for the Governor but the morning when she was actually leaving the prison the whole thing with Patrick being sick and turning in the cell block happened. She went back to help, then sprained her ankle, then the Council needed runners to get medicine for the all the sick, she then went on that run and was subsequently kidnapped by the very individual she was looking for.

So no I wouldn't say she "forgot" about Macon. Although she seems to have forgotten about the coast. My guess is the TPTB don't want to deal with all the logistics of water and boat travel, and the like.

#24 Makenna, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  5. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I think her plan shows that she has hope, even after all that has been lost. Not to sound cheesy but it shows that even after all they've been through, some of them (Michonne being one of them) still have the need to continue on, try to resurrect life, see if there are more survivors, etc. They could easily go burrow into some out of the way area, or find an island (although i don't think that would be easy) but it would just be them...barely hanging on. We as humans have the instinct to find others, and to become civilized and repopulate. I think it's cool.

This episode was particularly emotional in my opinion, not only because of Tyreese but the conversations that keep them all human and hanging onto their morals as much as possible. Rick & Glenn's conversation outside of the garage shows they are trying to evaluate who they have become, stay constantly aware of it so they don't wake up one day as savages.

6. TheTunnelRunner

She was only circling the prison nearby, was never away for very long. Macon County would be over 100 miles away. A long, dangerous distance even on a horse. What would have made her think that the Governor would have a camp there, exactly?

7. SZQ

SZQ Member

Welcome to the forum.

8. Neuropyramidal

Yes. And how far are they from savages now, if they are claiming they would no longer stop to let someone out of a locked train car, and that they would kill Dawn whether it was the right thing to do or not? I got the sense that Rick and Glenn were almost a bit surprised at what was coming out of their own mouths, and that they didn't quite believe it. Then Michonne said "we need to stop. You can be out here for too long", Rick and Glenn kind of paused as if thinking "what did I just say?".

9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Yep, and then Glenn brought it up again later at kind of a random moment like he couldn't stop thinking about it.

10. Neuropyramidal

How would you like to be stuck in a ZA with nobody else but Season 5 Glenn? He's like a constipated Bob Dole right now.

11. DidHeSayDreet?

DC would be one of the WORST places to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone important will be in one of the many bunkers that the gov have. Just head to the mountains!!! Walkers are slow and clumsy; I doubt they are good at climbing large hills or mountains.

12. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

Officer Bob also said the same thing to Rick right after he hit him with the car - he said something like, "You've been out here too long. You'll die". Rick, of course, cut him off by shooting him in the head. I guess they're finally having an about face about their behavior and whether they are making the right decisions.

13. Neuropyramidal

Yes, Rick's behavior there was questionable. Any person with even mediocre competence with driving a motor vehicle could have stopped Bob without breaking his back. He could have driven in front of him and caught him, the way the other cops 'caught' Noah.

14. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

Yeah, although I definitely think Rick knew exactly what he was doing there. It was more of a "that's what you get for not respecting my authoritah". As a lady, I certainly don't mind the RMFG moments, but I don't want to see him turn into somebody I can no longer root for.

#34 VickGrimes, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  15. the walking jet

excellent point.. while i did post in another thread i agreed with rick killing the officer because i believed him to be a legitimate threat to their rescue mission..

that said, he didn't have to be sadistic & hit the guy with the car first..

16. the walking jet

LOLz i just hope michonne doesn't become the"moral compass" of the group..

that job sucks!!

17. JMac

JMac Member

But then like Andrea said, then do what? Grow old together? Granted an island might be the up most safest route, and the group has gotten bigger so there's at least be more company.. I think people innately desire to belong to a "community." I think they have a lil community w/in themselves for sure- but I think all of them sorta want to or are looking to belong to something bigger. I think that's why the Eugene saving the world lie, meant so much to em. They thot they'd be part of this huge thing! Be part of something greater. I wld totally be stoked on the idea of living on an island with my closest pals, being safe... But I think itd get old after a while. I think I wld always wonder, what's next, what else is out there? Its kinda human spirit. So I actually for the first time agree with Andrea on something... Then what? Find an island, then what? I don't only think Michonne wants this, but everyone is kinda leaning that way. Yes, DC inner city, prolly not too smart- but I think at this point they are looking for somewhere to belong, be part of somethin. Prison was great- then they brot more people in, got better... Etc etc...

18. TheTunnelRunner

Going where the walker herds seem to be going, where it'll be a lot harder to keep warm, where it'll be harder to find/grow fruits & vegetables, avoiding unlimited supply of fish... in order to find more random people {which the group hasn't had much luck interacting with for 2 years}???
    Brilliant bunch!

19. PEN

PEN New Member

I've always found it strange that they haven't done so.

It's the most logical course of action and one which gives the most chance of survival.

20. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Let's face it though, if the characters actually went to an island it would be so boring. The possibilities are limited drastically. It's such a stationary setting for a zombie series.