Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"Let's go to Washington!"

Discussion in 'Episode 509 - What Happened and What's Going On' started by mistymage, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Bullseye

Bullseye Member

Surely there are lots of secure places. Like the prison, that they can hold up at. Even a huge house with land somewhere with a big wall round, I see loads of places like that on my way home from work lol

2. Hershell Walker

someone mentioned that it was brought up briefly by michone... ignored and never brought up again. Maybe they are saving that for the final season. That's where they'll start their new beginning

3. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

She is but it almost seems like desperation and that she is trying to convince herself as much as anyone else. Almost frantically. I think she knows they need to stop and regroup in a safe place but may be realizing there may not be a safe place.

4. TheTunnelRunner

Instead of putting some thought into their next location, this group just moves impulsively into the unknown. Another choice would be to re-evaluate what they already know:

The group could have headed back to the prison and easily poked the remaining walkers (there were 2 huge ways out the walkers would have found.) Grabbed all those weapons, vehicles, fencing, etc. that were left there, then...

Gone back to the perfectly good farm house - The walkers only veered from their migration trail a couple miles away due to Carl's gun shot. The cows would have even been ok because the walkers were either repelled by, or ignored the barn fire and followed the group on down the road. Then...

For some bizarre reason, Rick trusted the words of someone who tried to kill him. They could finally check out Ft. Benning!

At some point, they could have grabbed that noise machine the The Gov used to attract the walkers to the pit, and see if reversing it repelled them...

Gone back to the neighborhood in 'After' (Joe's group is dead)...

Any of these places could have been set up like Woodbury or Morgan's town. Just look at what Morgan had done all by himself!

How have these people survived this long???

5. maxlvtrojan

maxlvtrojan Member

Agree with line of thinking. At this point in the ZA groups of human survivors are just as big a threat as the walkers. And I'd imagine there has been a lot of consolidation and extermination happening to gain control over local resources. So, being on the road, in unfamiliar territory, without a defensible shelter isn't going to have a high survival rate. It would be something you would only do if you had no other options. Not because you want to go to Washington DC on a whim. They have a much better chance of surviving by finding a defensible location in an area they know.

But I respect that bad decisions make for more interesting storytelling. And I'd imagine farming happily ever after at the prison would be terrible for ratings. So, I won't complain too much about the group constantly putting themselves in bad situations.