Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Lets talk about carl....

Discussion in 'Episode 311 - I Ain't a Judas' started by GhostDawg, Feb 25, 2013.

1. GhostDawg

GhostDawg Member

I havent seen many threads about carl but I gotta say I'm really impressed with his progression. He went from the gun stealing snot nosed little brat who always disappeared into the miniature bad ass zombie killing machine he is today. When he went out with Rick and rick said you shouldn't be out here and carl was all dad please, Im bad ass and you know it, I couldnt help but smile. Plus seeing him pick up that rifle was just awesome, (I havent seen him with one before) but carl is really stepping his game up. I remember I used to hate carl, now I can't get enough of him. Not to mention he went out on his own and saved t.dog 3.0s ass. Good Job carl
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

I'll agree, Carl really stepped it up. I mean, we saw that even in the first episode, all of a sudden he's pretty hard core and contributing the group.

Thank goodness too, he really grated me. He was so annoying in season 2...

3. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

One of the most interesting parts of TWD to me is carl's change. He is really becoming more awesome and useful.

4. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

Carl is going to either be a ridiculously deep and wise adult, or a bat shit crazy adult. He's been through some insane stuff.

5. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I've been waiting for darker Carl to show up. Glad he's finally here.

6. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Again, I agree..

7. EvieE

EvieE Member

Carl is one character I didn't care for the first season and most of season two but he's really developed and now I enjoy his scenes. A great example of the characters' evolution from beginning of the ZA to now.

8. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

I loved that glare he gave Andrea when she thought she was going to baby him after hearing about Lori, made Andrea kinda stop in her tracks.

9. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

Hes killed the boy so to speak. He may as well be very close to being a man. Kind of have to be in this world.
    Yes he has changed a lot from season 1/2 and I like it. :)

10. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

he just needs to seal the deal with beth next

11. Lambent

Lambent New Member

I think when he put that bullet in Lori's head, that signified a death within himself too - the death of his childhood. He's really progressed now and I think he's an essential part of pushing Rick through this. Chandler Riggs has grown into a great little actor, some serious bad ass is starting to show through Carl now and I think he'll keep growing as a character for sure.

12. devinnn

devinnn Member

I have liked Carl's progression, though I do think it was a bit rushed (can't really argue since I like the current product). He went from background character in season 1 to an annoying background character in season 2 to a badass, shot my own mom, killing machine in season 3.

Another related thing that really shocked me when I looked it up was the actress playing Beth is 27 years old (holy fudgesicles) I had no idea. So if these two were to hook up it would be Riggs 13 and Kinney 27, making out.

So now that I know that I kinda hope they don't go down that road. Carl should look for a new girl.

13. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Did anyone else notice the growth spurt that the actor went through? It was really noticeable in the last episode.

14. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Yeah I noticed it in 3.10

15. Dead man walking

I'm still not sold on it yet. I absolutely couldn't be doing with him up until this series, annoying as hell, acting fairly average. He's too young for it to be believable that he will become a bad ass anytime soon in my eyes. I think it's fair enough to 'develop' his character, and I must say that bit is far better in this series than it was the previous two, they have done well so far - but they should let it be several more seasons at least before he would be realistic as a bad ass otherwise they will ruin it. And i would like to see at least 10 more seasons not 2 more. It's just not plausible at this stage and they shouldn't rush that part. It makes me laugh at the moment and cringe a little too so they need to back it up a bit and just let his character grow into the role rather than throw the role onto what is in essence just a little boy.

16. Dead man walking

Yeah but Beth isn't this age in the show is she? Plus I think it's fair enough he goes that road in a few years time. (Or if he can get his rocks off at 13 fair play to him - but I doubt that's gonna happen anytime soon). Besides, where the hell is he gonna look for a new girl - not many options at the moment.

17. Stark

Stark Member

I still don't find him entirely believable as a kid who can survive in this world, but I'm not annoyed by him or anything. I feel like he's getting there, but still has some ways to go.

18. mrwicked

mrwicked Member

If you remember in season 1 episode 6, they were having dinner and drinking wine and they let Carl have a taste and he was like ewwwww. Now he would prob shoot some Tequila lol

19. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Probably, would be pretty funny to see :p

20. Suds

Suds Member

I do like the Carl character more and more, but puleeezz, can we get him a new haircut, that Moe show has got to go.............