Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Lets talk about carl....

Discussion in 'Episode 311 - I Ain't a Judas' started by GhostDawg, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Busted Flipflop

When kids go through hell they grow up real fast.

2. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes they certainly do..

Many troubled kids in Melbourne who haven't had ideal childhoods who grow up & become streetwise way too quickly..

3. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

Yes they do and a good number grow up to be Merle.

The difference with Carl is that Carl's hell does not come at the hands of his family. Lets hope that keeps him on track to being wise, strong, etc. One could argue that the ZA was one of the best things that happened for Daryl. The group that is raising Carl could not have been better for Daryl. He was walking in Merle's footprints and probably would have ended up just like him.

4. emath33

emath33 Member

That would be so weird for Emily(Beth) if this happened. I know Beth is 17 on the show, but in real life, Emily is 27. Carl/Chandler is 13 haha. Pedobear would approve.

5. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

It could be implied. they don't have to show it

6. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

Well Beth/Emily looks like she is 13, 16 tops. I personally think its a little creepy and unfortunate for her. You would have to be somewhat a pedo/weirdo to be attracted to her even though you may be the same age as her. She probably attracts a lot of weird guys in her real life.

7. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I see the show as having Carl get in trouble again. He's pretty sure of himself, with good reason, but doesn't yet have the judgement NOT to take stupid chances, like going to the hospital infirmary by himself. If he, for example, got captured by the governor's people who then offered to exchange him for Merle... that would be a pretty dramatic cliffhanger to end a show on!

8. GhostDawg

GhostDawg Member

well you gotta remember the 8 9 months they spent on the road. There was really no time for error moving from house to house constantly carl had to grow up and grow up fast. I still do believe he is somewhat immature but i mean compared to the the carl we are used to......

9. GhostDawg

GhostDawg Member

True thats interesting. I'm not saying he is immune to stupidity lol I'm sure he'll do something to have us all like "TF CARL". You make a valid point though

10. Dead man walking

I agree, he is better than he used to be - he was effin annoying. But still they shouldn't rush it, that's all I'm saying. If they plan heaps more seasons (which I damn well hope) then build him up over time - not that suddenly in season 4 he's a terminator bad ass young teenager..

11. Beaugard Stevens

I am still not a fan

12. GovernorsGal

GovernorsGal New Member

I really want to like Carl..so badly. But every episode that goes by, I start to like him less and less. I understand that given what is going on, he is forced to grow up fast, but it's like someone needs to check this kid already.

13. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

This is how I feel about it and what I was going to write!! OR just like trying to lose Michonne, who was only trying to help him, in the last episode. It is a reckless thing to do regardless of weather he *thinks* he can handle himself or not.

14. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Hey shut up! >:[

15. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

Haha, I'm sorry man, she just looks really young. I mean, if I walked by her on the street I would definitely not even notice her. I'd think maybe middle school must've had a half-day or something :zombies_lol:.

16. josephmitchell1

Wait, just wait - Emily Kinney is 27?! 27?!?!?! She is older than me?! Crikey!

17. NapalmSoup

NapalmSoup Member

In the show, Carl killed his mom before she was a zombie. Killing anyone else after that is a walk in the park. In the comics
    . The adults around him, especially in the show, have a respectful fear of the boy. He makes adult decisions in an adult world of extreme survival, but as we saw in the last episode, he is still very much a boy, and has love and hope in a crappy environment. If he survives, he will grow into the leader or a heartless killer. The child/man that has a dark passenger.

18. KitchenWitch

KitchenWitch Member

Tyreese had it right when he called Carl a man. Growing up that fast probably won't do him any favors, psychologically speaking, in the long run. For now he's keeping himself and the others alive, which is about as much as you can hope for in the ZA.