Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Let's talk about Eugene

Discussion in 'Episode 411 - Claimed' started by SunshineBeahm, Feb 23, 2014.

1. EvieE

EvieE Member

Never trust a guy with a mullet.

2. Busted Flipflop

Ugh... I wish I hadn't read the spoiler. Memo to BF: don't read spoilers!!!!

3. HeadlessHershel

It's a show about Zombies so I'm cool with it just seems like if you're driving some dude all the way to DC you'd want some kind of proof or evidence that he knows what he's talking about. I get the opposite vibe from Eugene every time he speaks or does anything. lol

4. steenkash

steenkash Member

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

When you are desperate and need to feel useful, you'll grasp at any straw. You'd be surprised what people lead themselves to believe when they need to believe in a purpose. Almost half the U.S. population thinks the earth is less than 10 thousand years old, and the other half believes they can eat an unlimited amount of Parkay without it going to their thighs. Abraham's behavior wasn't a stretch. What else was he going to do? He knows that even if Eugene has no idea about a cure, its still a chance to find a safe community in D.C.

6. raven n

raven n Well-Known Member

Sometimes scientific types are odd, but I believe he's full of crap & very, very off.

That showed me immediately he was bad (or has horrible fashion sense, even for the ZA).

He may believe he knows the cure - & maybe he does- but I doubt it because of the CDC in Atlanta. And Glenn didn't seem too impressed with the nerd; that was the clincher for me because Glenn may know more than any of the others & if 'Mullett boy' realizes that, he may try to off Glenn. But Abraham needs to have a sense of purpose & if he realized he's being used like a low-rent hooker by this geek, Eugene will be wishing for death long before it arrives.

7. Matt

Matt Member

That smirk he had as they were following Glenn and Tara through the woods pretty much confirms to me that he intentionally shot up the truck.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dmizzle26

dmizzle26 Member

i read an interview where it was said that some of what we knew about Abe, Eugene, and Rosita from the comics will be familar whether it was just the fact that they was heading to DC is the only Familar thing we will see or if their will be more, it does seem like they is Staying Close to the Eugene Character from the comics where he is full of shit which is why he was smiling because he knows the shot up truck has given him more time to BS Abe

9. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

Comic Eugene is a very mysterious guy (mostly in the beginning), just like here in the show. This actor has portrayed him pretty much good. If he tried to buy more time by shooting the truck, than he made it. The only thing I didn't like about him is when he said "I'm smarter than you" to Abe. But nothing strange when it comes to Eugene.

10. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Josh McDermitt [Eugene] said in an interview"

"Eugene is constantly scheming; and he is always a few moves ahead. It's like he's planning a chess match. He could have swung the gun the other way and killed the walkers but instead he swung it at the truck. Whether he did it on purpose -- and I like to think he did -- but even if he didn't he's able to use that and think, "How can I use this to my advantage? How can I continue to stall this trip to D.C.?"

Later in the same interview, when asked about whether he feels confident or not that he'll have a long career on TWD, he said:

"Oh God, no! (Laughs.) I'm actually worried about watching the episodes we've already filmed because maybe they somehow shot some footage that I didn't know about where Eugene ends up dying and I'm going to find out when it airs!"

Whether he

11. Benzel

Benzel Member

All will become clear. As much as I love Abraham, it sucks having read the comic and knowing how this plays out.

12. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

First of all, that was not a smirk on eugene's face...he just has that idiot savant look.....Second, he was totally frazzled between the walkers quickly approaching, you can clearly see him bumbling around with the weapon like someone who never used one before and just starting firing rounds without a clue where they were going..
    Like Eugene said, " A totally amped up state and an inexperience of rapid fire weapons"...

13. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Not necessarily..

Gimple/kirkman will take parts from the comic, not everything.

14. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Glenn should definitely have challenged Abe -- since he was in the CDC when Jenner who had satellite communication with the whole world said no one else was out there. Abe's character didn't sell me-- he's not right. Eugene's not right. I don't know yet whether Abe's bought Eugene's kool-aid, but how it they have communication with Washington when all the communications worldwide were down at the CDC before it blew up, and Glenn doesn't even challenge Abe on that? They don't have a satellite phone? If they had radio communications with Washington like Abe said, the radio would have been in the truck and they just walked away from it? So...... Is Abraham Ford just a big doofus idiot wannabe savior of the world or does he have some substance? Right now, I can't tell if he is mis-cast or just desperate and in denial. His temper is as bad as Tyrese's. His story is not selling. Something is off. Is he mis-cast, or is his story line dubious? I thought it would have been a better episode if he'd been challenged on his story than him being challenged because Glenn is lovesick.

15. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

If Eugene's so smart and maniacal, you think he could learn how to use a gun. Pu$$y....

16. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

He is not a gun guy. C'mon man, u gotta understand that..?????

17. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

You seriously do not understand why Glenn did not challenge it?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Seriously, I don't. All I saw was lovesick Glenn. Please tell me.

19. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

He does not want to...he has no interest. You said it. Love sick. He could care less about anything that could take him further away from the only thing that matters in the world to him..Maggie.

20. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

They say that anger makes you stupid and stupid gets you killed. I guess we'll get to see if lovesickness plays out the same way.