Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Life Among Them- Re-Read Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 12: Life Among Them' started by Tony Davis, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

We're starting to get into the territory that the show will have to be careful how they adapt the material. The Eugene reveal, meeting Aaron, arriving at ASZ, and the whole Douglas thing will be good, but the rest could come off very, as George Romero would say, soap opera-ish

3. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I can't wait to hear the complaints!

I ever realized how long this place would last when the volume started. I'm curious how the show characters will adapt since they will have already dealt with Terminus by now. That must change things.

4. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

really, when I read this volume, it only seems like 2-3 episodes. They need to move on to Rick taking over, and all that comes after before very long, so it doesn't get bogged down

5. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Speaking of complaints… Is everyone prepared for 80 seasons worth of "I'm so sick of Alexandria! They need to leave and go on the road!" ?

6. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

yeah this volume is a few episodes at most but I think it's a half season before Rick takes over. The original Too Far Gone story has a lot of potential and Rick taking over/No Way Out is a big one. They will want to develop some stuff before then. I think the problem may come in adapting the rest of the material before the saviors. How will they handle Hilltop?
    Years of comic's worth already.

7. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

well, the biggest problem arising I see is how big the story is during all out war (4 communities, lots of actors), now would be ideal time to actually have it happen on the show because of ratings and I assume budget. I see it highly unlikely they will have as big of ratings when this huge, expansive story arc happens, and I don't know if the budget will be there

8. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Exactly. I'm very curious if they will even try with such a huge scope. The comics are probably going to focus on each community separately at times so a 4B approach on a bigger scale could work but in moderation.

9. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

On the plus side, they will save in spades on sets. This is still the location in the comics, so as far as I can tell once they build the sets or find locations they will be set for quite a while.

All we need is 4 solid locations for the individual communities, (3 if we use The Kingdom as sparingly as in the books) and then just individual locations for assorted capsule stories as needed. This sounds like a lot, but the reality is we could be here for the next 5 years covering this storyline, so budget concerns will be all about cast and special effects after locations are secured. Looking forward to how the trip is covered from Terminus to ASZ.

10. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

I would like to see where they film Alexandria, if it's at the studio they are staying in Georgia for the rest of the show

11. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

A little clever thought, and I bet they could turn one side of the studio into Alexandria, One side into the Saviors factory, and just build a "Blazing Saddles" false-front Hilltop set in the area nearby... It only took them a night to do it, should be a snap. :p

12. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

yea you can tell right now theyre bordering on too many characters so itll be interesting to see how they handle it on the show.