Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Life vs. Antibiotics

Discussion in 'Episode 607 - Heads Up' started by Berry, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Berry

Berry Member

I've been mulling over Morgan's actions this week.

His reasoning for bringing Denise to the Wolf is so the wound can be diagnosed correctly (not wasting antibiotics if they wouldn't help).

So, you're bringing a non-combatant in to look at an avowed killer, just to save a course of antibiotics? (Especially when Denise said they were well-supplied with the medicine).

Plus, Morgan was hesitant because Denise may not want to be "involved" in the subterfuge anyway.

Carol is there now, but Morgan came to the door. Is Denise right behind him? Has she been left with the Wolf, alone?

If the Wolf does kill Denise, and Carol sees it, what is she going to do with Morgan (no matter who kills the Wolf...)?

Tara is looking for Denise, so someone on the outside knows she went missing before the Walkers came inside the walls.

2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I was disappointed in Carol for not bringing someone else with her both for safety and as a witness. Morgan was smart to bring in a doctor though, he doesn't know what the Wolf really needs, and neither does the Wolf. If you can get someone who does know, that would be smart. I don't know how much help Denise will really be though...

And I am proud of Denise for going. I wouldn't want my doctor making decisions on who should live and who should die. Leave that to others, you just treat who's ever put in front of you.

3. Berry

Berry Member

I just had a new thought.. what if Denise tells the Wolf she's going to give him a shot to treat the infection, but it's really poison. Bye Bye Wolfie-poo, and there's no combat involved :)

4. Berry

Berry Member

Lol, I guess my roll for Denise is the polar opposite of yours ;)

I doubt Denise knew WHO she was going to go treat...

5. Morgotha

I wonder how many Alexandrians would go to her for help after that story leaked out to the community...

6. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

When the Wolf slits Denise's throat, do you think she'll say "Hot damn! I didn't see that coming."?

7. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I think she'd probably say "Gurgle, gurgle".

#7 CoyoteTWD, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  8. Morgotha

Ha ha ha! That was going to be my post word for word. Give it back!

9. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Even the grammatical error? That's amazing! :p

10. Morgotha

Well, if you want me to be truthful about it and all, it probably would have been:

"I think she'd probably say something like, "Gurgle gurgle"."

11. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

Denise can't kill the wolf because of the physicians oath, to do no harm.

12. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Well, it wouldn't be just to potentially save antibiotics, it would also be to determine the correct antibiotic to use if it is infected. Morgan wouldn't know what type of antibiotics to use on an infected wound.

13. daveainthere

daveainthere Member

Even after "the talk" with the leaders about his philosophy being dangerous, Morgan still manipulates the only doctor into a risky situation....strike 2 in my book.

If Rick, Carol and Morgan live through the wall being breached, Rick should Kill Morgan for jeopardising his family. UNLESS the wolf gets out and kills FG. Then all's cool. :)

14. Berry

Berry Member

A description of the wound would give enough info as to what sort of antibiotic to administer. No need to put the one doctor they have left in harm's way.

As for the physician's oath, she never completed medical school (except for the psychiatric part).. so unless a psychiatrist takes that oath.. she never would have taken it.

Plus, all those old rules, really don't apply anymore. But, if she felt that she wasn't up to Carol's standard of care, the least she could do is refuse to treat.

The Wolf believes it's a bite anyway, so she can say there's nothing she can do.

15. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

"A psychiatrist specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders. Psychiatrists are medical doctors, unlike psychologists, and must evaluate patients to determine whether their symptoms are the result of a physical illness, a combination of physical and mental, or a strictly psychiatric one."

Honestly, I don't think the writers have a clue. Most people know the symptoms of infection. I bet almost everyone knew the signs even back in the Middle Ages. How someone bright enough to be a psychiatrist wouldn't have retained the most rudimentary everyday medical knowledge is beyond me.

16. Berry

Berry Member

I know psychiatrists are doctors, just didn't know if they take the "oath". Sue me :) (My chiropractor is a doctor, did he take the oath? I dunno.)

As for types of antibiotics, sure there are lots of different varieties, but in this situation Denise could give a "broad spectrum" one, especially one that's good for skin issues. (In contrast, if the Wolf appeared to have pneumonia, she'd choose a different one. Upper respiratory symptoms vs. skin symptoms.. these things are easily discernable by the lay-person, no doctor needed.)

Denise apparently is so naive that she trusts Morgan to not put her in danger, and so green that she doesn't know the right questions to ask. She's just excited by the opportunity to go help someone, and blindly goes like a sheep to slaughter.

17. gracelesswalker

gracelesswalker New Member

She's not only excited by someone putting faith in her abilities but Morgan is also someone she wants to please. He was kind and encouraging to her, which in a less kind person could have been seen as manipulative to get her help.

18. Busted Flipflop

Rick might excommunicate her the way he did with Carol (that's if Deanna lets him).

19. Busted Flipflop

I'm surprised Morgan would go through this trouble of giving him antibiotics. I know he feels conflicted - he wants to kill him -and- let him live. I say he could find an in-between solution by just dumping him in the forest somewhere. If he lives, he lives. If he dies, he dies. Let nature takes it course. But I realize that may not be as easy since it would be hard to sneak him off without anyone looking.

20. Lilliam

Lilliam Active Member

An osteopathic physician is a medical doctor with full residence and license. A chiropractor is not.
    Edit...and yes, as full medical doctors, psychiatrists do take the oath.

#20 Lilliam, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015