Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Like a damned soap opera

Discussion in 'Episode 611 - Knots Untie' started by LoriG, Feb 29, 2016.

1. LoriG

LoriG Member

I felt like I was watching a soap opera or similar. Some good parts, but barely a walker in the whole episode. Might as well have been an episode of North and South, or Eastenders

Ricks "what?!" Was brilliant though

Maggie is supposed to be 3 months pregnant? (2 month time hop, plus they must have known for at least a month before) and her scan picture shows what?? My 3 month scan picture was a clear baby shape.

pick up please ! I don't want to fall out of love with TWD!

2. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

So.... same old.

3. Quivy

Quivy Active Member

I didn't even notice the lack of walkers.

4. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

You named your profile after Lori, and are choosing to play the soap opera card. Bold move. Now tell us what you thought of season 2.

#4 HondaS2kXD, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  5. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

I thought it was a good episode, and am expecting some complications through Maggies pregnancy, she's looking a bit pale and haggard to me.

But not every episode can be all about walkers, and didn't Rick say last week (or was that in the comic) that he realised that the walkers are a manageable threat, unless we see herds again they're going to be able to dispatch them pretty quickly.
    I think Glenn, Daryl and Rick all got one walker kill on the way to Hilltop.

6. pilight

pilight Member

TWD is a soap opera. Always has been.

7. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

8. EvieE

EvieE Member

Well, the Walkers are no longer the biggest threat right now so it makes sense that they don't appear in every single episode.

9. Mello

Mello Member

The walkers are a big part of the show, but the main focus of the show is the people. The title, The Walking Dead, is not really about the walkers.

10. Andy

Andy Member

Exactly. This show has been a drama since day one. I'm not understanding why people still complain when there's an episode of very few walkers.

11. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

It's not a soap opera until Eugene's in the shower singing.

12. WalkingDog

WalkingDog Member

Because it often does the walker stuff A+ while the drama portion of the show is more B. They will have some good elements brewing, but end them too quickly (the W guy Carol/Morgan fought over is one to think of). Then you counterbalance that with the fact that while some of the actors are excellent, but there is too much ambiance for the sake of ambiance without actually building characters. It would be nice to spend more time on other more interesting things. Lots of people enjoy the walker stuff and at times are cringing or thinking the drama portion is just OK. So while they get by when walkers are present, they have a tough time when there are none.

I liked the episode though, it was interesting to potentially expand the show's characters known map. Jesus is a fun guy, let's go someplace with all this!

13. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Last week a dozen untrained nobodies took out 1000 walkers with knives in the dark. The show has moved beyond walkers.

14. Lilliam

Lilliam Active Member

They weren't untrained. Untested yes, but remember that we saw Rosita giving lessons to a small group. I'm sure that wasn't a one-off.

15. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

It be more and more human interaction right now.

But this is a bloody damn soap opera then :S

16. LoriG

LoriG Member

ha ha! There isn't a day that goes past when I think I wish I'd chosen a better name, but in my younger TWD fan days, I was just thinking about how close to Rick I could get :zombies_shocked:. That quickly went south though! What a drama queen.

I know, it has always been and always will be a soap - just felt more so last night than it had done for a while. To me anyway. Perhaps the 2nd glass of wine clouded my vision. I know "the walking dead" isn't the walkers, and I know the show isn't all about the walkers! It was just my 2pence worth on last nights episode!

17. Ron Lambert

Ron Lambert Member

Most soap opera scene this episode-

Abraham lying in the dirt... Daryl walks up. " Hey man... you alright?"

Abraham looks at Daryl, finally seeing the strong sweaty man in a new light. The fog of Rosita and Sasha cleared away by the adrenaline rush. Abraham smiled, "yea, I'm more than alright."

A chill went down Abrahams spine as Daryl extended his hand to help him up. A flash of something else extending flashed in his mind and a smile crossed his face. As he got to his feet, the silver chain of the pooty lay in the hay and the dirt. The Red emblem shaped just like Rosita and Sasha's lady bits.

Free from the weight of obligation Abraham chuckled as he put his hand in Daryl's strong hand.
    Abraham inhaled deeply, something on the wind, musky and strong, it was Daryl. Abraham looked away trying not to betray his thoughts.

---------

Soap Opera, yup - that's TWD.
    hahaha lol.

Symbolism everywhere.

#17 Ron Lambert, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  18. screen79

screen79 New Member

You hit the nail on the head. Season 2, or as I like to call it, "As Lori's Sex Life Crumbles."

19. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

That's a bit weird since it is supposed to be a HORROR show.

20. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

You obviously missed Jesus' wig.