Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Like We All Didnt Know T-Dog was Going to Die

Discussion in 'Episode 304 - Killer Within' started by sleung, Nov 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. sleung

sleung New Member

You knew he was a going to die soon

Especially since there was a new black person the group. There is only room for one black person

2. Z_Splatter

Z_Splatter Member

I knew he would die, but Kirkman lead me to believe that it would be a little later. these "big plans" for t-dog apparently were saving carol? Maybe....

3. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Only room for one black person? How mature.

BTW....moved to the correct forum....

4. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

I don't think the reason for T-Dog dying was because there was "only room for one black person". :zombies_rolleyes: I think they are probably just trying to get the cast to be a little smaller and killing off characters that don't contribute much to the story arcs they have planned. Unfortunately, that means T-Dog had to bite it, no pun intended.

5. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I agree.

6. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

It was obvious to me T-Dog would be killed this season, I just thought it would be Merle the one to do it.

7. Writer

Writer Member

I think almost all of them will die, maybe with the only safe one will be Rick. I did expect T-dog to die this season as well. However, I thought it would be later this season. So, it seems if they give a background character more lines and a more prominent role than you can expect them to die.

8. simonsayz

simonsayz New Member

So I am not the only that thinks that way

Hi all, I am no troll or a racist, in fact, i am far from it.

I was watching the episode and before he even got killed off. I said he was going to die because another black man is in the show.

I don't follow the comic and I don't think I want to..at least not yet since I don't want any spoilers.

9. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

A Merle/T-Dog confrontaton would've been great.

I would've loved to have seen T-Dog telling Merle he dropped the key by accident and he chained the doors to protect Merle from the walkers. Merle might actually believe it, but he's too angry and too prejudice to let T-Dog live.

A herd of walkers is approaching. Merle's goons handcuff T-Dog to a metal bar, while Merle lays his bayonet at T-Dog's feet. Merle and his goons drive away as T-Dog, terrified, attempts to amputate his own hand. A silent Merle looks in his truck's rear view mirror as a screaming T-Dog is swarmed by the herd.

10. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

I just thought it was obvious that he suddenly had more lines than ever before.
    Nothing to do with race or anything.

11. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

Once i got home from work and turned on the DVR and saw T-dog was talking alot at the beginning of the episode i was like ****!! Hes the one whos going to die. I didnt want him to die. He was becoming a badass with that spear and riot shield. I expected his death later in the season or in season 4. :( RIP T-Dog

12. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

YOU cant fool me!! I know its you Robert Kirkman!

13. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I'm not Robert Kirkman, but I could use his royalty checks. :Grin:

14. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

He's not Robert Kirkman... I am! dun dun dun!

Naw but seriously he got killed off because another black person showed up? Are you saying that once Tyreese finally shows up that Oscar is gonna get knocked off almost immediately after?

#14 skaaaa, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  15. Writer

Writer Member

He was quickly becoming one of my favorite characters with the spear + riot shield. I think I was suspicious of his death when he sided with the prisoners, along with the additional lines. Still, I feel that it was an awesome way to go out the way he choose to sacrifice himself (although he knew he was already dead).

16. Tdog

Tdog Member

I expected it early on but as he seemed to be around for 2 seasons and now the 3rd I was thinking he was going to make it. The thing is T-Dog never had an episode or a story arc. He never had his moment like ALL of the other characters did. I'm not trying to point out anything but the obvious and that's that the minority characters on the show just seemed to get put on the back burner or downplayed. Like when Jacqui decided to stay at the CDC and get blown up the group was like "oh okay see you later" then when Andrea decided she wanted to do the same the group was like "NO! you can't Don't do it!".

The real disappointment with T-dog was that he NEVER had his episode and I think that's what most of us were expecting. T-dog to have his moment but he died as a background character. To me it doesn't make sense and I'm not really excepting any excuses because even minor characters that showed up got a chance to have a story or be actual contributing characters. All T-dog had was 5minutes talking to Dale about how useless he was yet in the later episodes he proves to be valuable enforcer for the group and also he kind of took the role of Dale a bit when he tried to be the voice of reason. When he was telling trying to convince Rick to help the convicts and told him he didn't want anyone's blood on their hands. That's actually the first time I think we've ever seen T-dog speak up on something. Instead of Okay, and Yessa Boss.

I feel kind of cheated in knowing that a good character died without ever being established other than a few "filler" roles. Now there's Michonne who I can't figure out if she's supposed to be a main hero or a runaway slave that Andrea is helping. Her dialogue mostly grunts,angry looks, and "we gotsa get outta hea". So far mostly all we've seen is her playing a sub role to Andrea who has taken up the most screen time and seems to now be the dominant role in their relationship. I mean it's just biased writing. How is it even possible that a stronger character like Michonne who is pretty much responsible for Andrea being alive and having survived the past 8 months all of a sudden just a background character? She's smarter, a better fighter, and more alert than Andrea is so why is she now being submissive to her? It just doesn't make any sense. I don't exactly see a Michonne type of character compromising with anyone when group safety is in question. Not to mention why is Andrea all of a sudden so gutsy and outspoken now that she is in a safe haven when Michonne was carrying her for the last 8 months?

That's just some of the things that I noticed. Michonne is a Strong character and so far I haven't seen the writers show any aspects of her actual role or character in the story. They make her look weaker and like an accessory character. Most comic books have lots of characters but each character always gets their time to have a story or be apart of it no matter how minor they may be. In the show you don't see that at all. It's just the non minority characters getting all the screen/story time and then here's a black face or two in the background. I also think the writers have written out a lot of the roles of the minority characters in the series and changed things around. Like look at the "Governor" he was originally a Hispanic character but now he's Mitt Romney's cousin.

17. sleung

sleung New Member

this is not a racist thread but an observation

like some of your were not thinking it

18. iamnotarobot

iamnotarobot Member

The Walking Dead is just like any other successful TV show or Movie, they can't make the cast "too black" for obvious reasons. A TV show or Movie like that is extremely difficult to pitch. It's just the way it is. Writers and directors are no strangers to producers 'suggesting' that one or two characters be introduced or knocked off to establish this racial balance on screen. It may have been a factor as to why certain characters who weren't in the comics were introduced on to the show.

However, when you bring this up its a losing battle because people watch TV shows and Movies for escape and entertainment. The majority of people just don't want to want to discuss it because to them it sounds like "....blah blah blah...racism...blah blah... add more black people". Whereas others with a sense of irony, would "get it" and find it amusing how well timed T-Dog's exit was with the introduction of a new black male lead.

19. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Michonne wasn't that talkative when she first appeared in the comics, but she'll eventually become more open to others once she meets Rick.

20. iamnotarobot

iamnotarobot Member

Honestly, I'm surprised T-Dog lasted this long, when he was first introduced I thought he would die the same episode because he was such a clumsy waste of space and a blatant expendable character. I think they deliberately extended his role to mess with the fans of the show who were counting down to when the token black guy would get killed.

The father and son from the first season were awesome, I wish they kept them in TWD.