Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Limetown

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I just finished episode 3 and I am enjoying it. Its a new show on Facebook Watch. Its about a research facility that a small walled-in 'town' is built around called Limetown. One day everyone in the town disappears. Never explained. Now, 15 years later, a journalist starts following clues. Its got kind of a The Leftovers feel to it, with kind of mysterious and bizarre things.

2. Neuropyramidal

Just finished episode 8, which is the most current. Still liking it a lot. A couple twists I didn't see coming. It turns out the show is based on a podcast. Listened to the first episode of the podcast and the show is so faithful to it, that it was almost like listening to an audio only version of the first episode, so I'm not sure I will continue with the podcast.

3. Neuropyramidal

I went on ahead and finished season one of the podcast and as time went on the show did deviate a little bit more from the podcast. They are just different enough that I found it worthwhile experiencing both.

4. Neuropyramidal

When I really get into a show, of course I have to be all encompassing, so I have now finished both seasons of the podcast and I'm on page 40 of the prequel novel. :p. This novel, so far, its how you're suppose to do a companion novel to a TV show! The author is talented and his writing style is a delight. I'm really enjoying this neat little franchise. It has its flaws, and I have a feeling this is something people either love or hate, but they've created a nifty little universe here.