Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Little carved statue

Discussion in 'Episode 606 - Always Accountable' started by Blueman, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Norman said, in a interview, that small things in the show have significance later and suggested viewers to pay attention to details. He cited the little carved statue that Daryl got from Dwight.

That statue came up twice. Once when Dwight handed it over to Daryl. The 2nd time was when right after Dwight took off with Daryl's bike, Daryl checked his pocket and got the statue out.

So, what consequence do you think Daryl's taking that stature from Dwight will lead to?

If I heard it right, Dwight said that statue has something to do with his grandfather?
    And, that statue looks like a wooden statue carved like a 'soldier' holding a spear (or rifle?).

Any speculation?

2. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

He is going to smash his head in with the statue when they meet again.

3. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

Statues are the new Lucille's

4. JPG119

JPG119 Member

Personally think it's highlighting that Daryl and Dwight both have something they both want, Crossbow and Wooden statue.

5. Berry

Berry Member

I was thinking the statue "proves" Daryl knows Dwight. If Daryl runs into the group that Dwight escaped from, Daryl's Dwight-knowledge could become leverage somehow.

6. batongal

batongal Active Member

Daryl going to trade the statue back for the cross bow.

7. batongal

batongal Active Member

Believe he said that his grandfather is the one who taught him how to carve.

8. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

i think it just goes to show you that you can bash in a zombies head with just about anything.

9. HHammerhead

HHammerhead New Member

Agreed. Dwight is likely to deny Darryl until Darryl provides evidence that they've met. That's going to hurt Dwight.

10. Tara La Reine

Tara La Reine Member

Norman also said that taking the figurine is meant to tell the guy (probably Dwight) not to push him, to make him understand that Daryl isn't a great and selfless guy, that he expects tit for tat and will take from you- even if it hurts you- if it's his due.

11. J K

J K Member

This might or might not be relevant.

12. Blueman

I am thinking the statue might come in handy in a dire situation when Daryl sharpens it into a spike as a weapon.

13. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

True. I can potentially see a situation in which Daryl uses the figurine as evidence that they have met before (not sure in what kind of context this would play out though) and not so much for bartering, or as a weapon.

Dwight had a gun.. If he wanted the figurine, he could have asked for it before driving off with everything else.

14. Blueman

Another speculation is:- Negan's hobby is chess, instead of billiard or ping pong. He is using Dwight's soldier figure as a chess piece. When Dwight ran away, he took it back as it belongs to him (given to him by his grandfather). When Negan captures Dwight, he could not find it. Later, Negan got Daryl and found it with him. He gets angry and swings his Lucille.

A little far fetched but still possible.

15. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I don't have an angle on it yet, but have you ever seen the movie Crash? There was a statue of St. Christopher that came into play and caused a downfall for both parties. It's the first thing that popped into my head when it was handed over.

16. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

His grandfather is the one that taught him how to carve. This is a piece that he was apparently working on still or had just recently finished.

17. Zombie_Penguin

Maybe something god awful is going to happen to Daryl and the only thing that we'll be left to recognize him by will be the statue. Bye daryl!

Either that, or he's goin to kill someone with it.

OR, he is going to offer it up in exchange for something, who the heck knows what.

18. Zombie_Penguin

OR maybe later on when Daryl and the gang meet the guys that the blonde guy and the firls were with, they'll know who they were, who they were running from by some weird coincidental placement of OTHER little carved out statues, which will tell the group just how bad these people are that others were running from them?

right now, I want to say it is just a statue, but mostly things are never JUST anything on this show anymore..

19. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

The statue is really a severely dehydrated Negan (sorry I had to) and once you add a little water *POOF*

20. drifter77

drifter77 Member

I think the statue might find it's way up Dwight's ass next time Daryl sees him.