Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Live action to episode 4x1

Discussion in 'Episode 401 - What's Your Story?' started by Sharpie61, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Finally found time to watch it On Demand...and agree, it had a different vibe like you said. I liked it and am intrigued by the new characters and anxious to see how our regulars have evolved. The ending has me wondering if our main group are going to be baddies?

• Like Like x 1
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Me too!

3. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I saw a rerun of FTWD's season 4 premiere "What's Your Story?" late last night.

The episode starts out with Jesus, Carol, and Rick visiting Morgan separately at the junkyard. Each one tries to convince Morgan to rejoin their group, but he isn't receptive. Much as I hated Jesus for his sudden "Thou shall not kill" stance in season 8, at least he made the effort with Morgan to forgive and forget.

As Morgan traveled down to Texas, I wondered if it would've been better if he had taken this route originally, instead of following Rick.

I already like Garrett Dillahunt's character John Dorie. John's a cowboy action shooter, and he'll definitely come in handy this season.

I don't watch FTWD regularly, but their walkers seem to have devolved into their TWD cousins. There were plenty of times when Morgan or another character should've been bitten or swarmed, but it never happened.

Gimple's camera tricks from TWD are already showing up, especially when reporter Althea interviews survivors about their experiences.

Another Gimple cliché was characters getting separated and reuniting, bad guys consistently getting the drop on the good guys, and both good and bad characters giving lengthy speeches when they ought to shoot somebody.

In the end, Madison's group gets the drop on Morgan, John, and Althea. Has the experience at the damn changed them like Terminus changed Rick? We'll have to wait and see.

I gave it a 3.

#43 Rapscallion, Apr 21, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018