Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Live and Still Standing

Discussion in 'Episode 507 - Still Standing' started by Sharpie61, Jul 13, 2019.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Hello!!!?!! LOL

2. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Is that a reference to the Rick Grimes movies? If not, I have never heard of a 3rd series.

3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Third series ordered

4. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Thank you. Totally missed that announcement. Hoping for better things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Yes. I saw that on youtube. They've already cast some of the roles and they are starting filming this summer. Probably we'll learn a bit more at the comic-con. I think it features the first generation that was born after the apocalypse.

6. Lindigo

oops. never mind. :)

7. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if this series won't focus on the older version of these kids from this season.

Assuming, as I am, that this series ends with this season and characters either die or end up on a different series (Morgan, Dwight, Al, in the Rick movies). I wonder if the kids won't move on to find their own place, and that's what the new series will be. Jumping ahead 10 years and seeing what these kids have become.

8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I don't see too many people being interested in the first generation born after the apocalypse, particularly with the comic book series ending and us now getting a peek into the "far after" universe.

Their best bet would've been to tell a story from the beginning again, showing a character that slowly took the path of a Governor or Negan type.

9. Lindigo

I didn't know the comics would be showing a "far after!" That's cool!

I guess the Apocalypse Generation was just a natural thing for the writers to think about.

A Governor or Negan ish storyline wouldn't work for me. They'd never be able to get me to empathize with sociopathic behavior. The genesis of their conduct just wouldn't matter to me. It's like a defense attorney setting out the grim details of the horrible childhoods of modern day psychopaths. I'd still have a cold heart and want them warehoused for life.

People have often suggested that that would be an interesting perspective, but I can't see it working for me. It's true I loved Breaking Bad and watched Dexter, so it can be done, but I still can't imagine a ruthless, menacing person in the apocalypse ever being anything but upsetting to me.

10. Stealth

Oh yeah it would have to be done right. The key is showing a person's human side and not having them just indiscriminately killing like the Governor murdering the national guard people in cold blood. That wouldn't work for me either. Since you were lured into Breaking Bad I think if it was done right it could work for you too in the TWD universe.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Every damn time I sign on and see the title for this thread I instantly start singing (in my head)

I'm still standing better than I ever did
    Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
    I'm still standing after all this time
    Picking up the pieces of my life without you on my mind

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Lindigo

Perfect! This can be an anthem song when he is out of office, and also when he dies. I just tried it out, changing the pronouns to plurals. I can hear the whole nation singing in the future, in my head. Well, half the nation. It drowns out the other half's malicious mob chants gloriously.

13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Office? When who dies? I mean I know I did not watch the episode but who the hell are you referring to?
    [​IMG]

#33 Dnae, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Lindigo

Trump. Sorry! I had been up all night. I'm up now at noon after 5 hours of solid sleep. I had responded to several posts over in the Trump thread and then I hit this thread just before I fell into bed. Even in my grogginess, I belatedly realized what I had done, but I so needed to sleep, I couldn't be bothered to come back and edit my weird self. Just pretend I am a writer on FTWD. lol

I'm still going to be belting out that song though!!! :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Stealth

It's okay the T in PTSD will be changed from traumatic to Trump when all of this is over.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Lindigo

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1