Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Live Reaction

Discussion in 'Episode 102 - The Blaze Of Gory' started by GregsGirl, Oct 11, 2020.

1. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Last week was kind of rushed, this week kind of too slow. And the heavy flashbacks aren't particularly well mastered.

We already had the predictable necklace drama coming, now the "I'll go ring the alarm" bravery. Not much fun up 'til now, I had a hard time staying awake through it.

3/10

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I would give this episode a score roughly the same as FTWD tonight. Not as bad as I was fearing, but not great television. I actually liked that they almost always ran away instead of fighting, which is believable for teens who have never done this before. It a way, it at times almost made the ZA feel fresh again. I liked the zombie bee's nest idea, but I think it could have been executed a bit better. I grow tired of the overuse of random gimmicks like tire fires and land mines and crash landed airplanes as obstacles that for some reason they can never go around. Its either 60 miles to go around it, or a cliff, or a mountain blocking the way. It feels too video-gamey to me. TWD had our characters roaming as nomads from mid S4 to near end of S5 and managed to avoid that feeling.

Anyway, not bad, not great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

This show is absolutely terrible. I honestly can't believe anyone at AMC thought this was a good idea for a TWD show. This is literally about the same kind of quality that you get from those low budget zombie movies that people spew out. Reading Jay Bonansinga's TWD novels were more entertaining than this. At least he wasn't trying to turn a TWD story into a CW program.

I'm really starting to think the reason they turned this into a limited series is because they knew how poorly it was turning out.

#23 lastcat3, Oct 12, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. walkon

walkon Active Member

Just as boring as last weeks episode . . Well, at least the part I didn't sleep through was. Danged if I'm not getting old.