Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Lizzie

Discussion in 'Episode 414 - The Grove' started by TheGov, Mar 17, 2014.

1. TheGov

TheGov New Member

I haven't seen the episode yet, but was just wondering did Lizzie know she was about to be shot?

2. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I think Lizzie knew in some fashion. But she was so detached from reality that she only cared about Carol being mad at her.

Poor Lizzie. She was too famous to live long.

3. westwingnut

I read the following homage to Don McLean somewhere else and thought it worth posting here.

4. ShamblingCorpse

I don't think so, she was only upset that she thought Carol was angry with her. If she thought that Carol was going to kill her I'd think that she'd have something to say about it instead of just looking at the flowers.

5. Machete

Machete Active Member

I got the distinct feeling that she knew it was coming... Of course that could be because I knew it was coming.

6. meeps

meeps Member

i would think no she didn't. she was pretty out of touch with reality.

7. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Lizzie was upset because she thought Carol, the woman she idolized, was angry with her. Carol and Mika always told Lizzie to look at flowers whenever she got upset.

8. Scalemail Ted

Scalemail Ted Member

Lizzie was in distress because she thought she was in trouble for pointing the gun at them not because she thought she was going to be shot. Carol was calming her down before shooting her by having her look at the flowers... That seems to be a calming mechanism for Lizzie

9. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Now that I think about it, its likely that Lizzie had mental issues before the walker apocalypse. I don't think her parents ever sought help for Lizzie and instead encouraged her. Too many parents of mentally troubled children ignore the warning signs or encourage their behavior.

10. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

I agree she was crazy before the ZA. The rest of that comment is a bit of a leap though ;)

I don't think she knew.

11. souNdwAve89

souNdwAve89 New Member

Like others have stated, I don't think she knew at all. She was sad that she thinks Carol was mad at her. And yes, I agree that she was unstable before the outbreak, and that it only advanced her illness further.

• Like Like x 1
  12. HeadlessHershel

People have different ways of dealing with adversity. I think 'humanizing' the walkers was Lizzie's way of coping with TWD world. Effective treatment to reverse this kind of mental trauma would likely take more than 1 hour of Carol's time so she just shot Lizzie in the back of the head? The writers have made Carol the Dr Kevorkian of the prison group.

13. soviet prince

soviet prince Member

I really don't think Lizzie was crazy, I just don't think she understood the situation. She as a character is of a 11 year old child so her thinking is not on par with the adults. She see's them as living things because every one of them had a past life and in her 11 year old mind they just changed. I think with a little bit of work she could have been helped even if you have to tie her up at nights for her and everyone safety.

IMO carol and tyrease did horrible jobs explaining the situation, there talk amounted to just there going to eat you. I would have set her down and explained in detail that the person actually died and it's just the brain making the body move.

people label lizze as a psychopath killer and that's just not true. Lizzie was actually very kind hearted like her sister, she was even had compassion for the zombies as misplaced as that is.

14. shhh its me

shhh its me Member

She was very kindhearted except when killing and dissecting bunnies and oh yeah her sister. There are actually some real life parallels; Parents who kill their children while under the delusion they are saving them from and evil and sending them to heaven. (excluding those parents don't typically kill animals for the fun of it as children ) Would you really with just one other adult ,no one trained in mental illness, no padded rooms and no drugs keep a baby within constant reach of a person suffering those delusions?

The only way they could have written Lizzie as more of a serial killer was to had her start making a suit of human skin.

15. len112

len112 Member

I think they had Lizzie showing a range of mental health issues that in reality if they all existed in one person there's no way for instance that Carol would have missed it , she was part psychopath part psychotic which is completely different part autistic with her insensitive comments and part Aspergers with her unrealistic beliefs about walkers , yet she could pass for normal when it suited , it was an interesting character but in the real world you'd spot such a disturbed person a mile away .

16. westwingnut

Yet there are about a half dozen people here who refuse to see the signs when it comes to Lizzie. Jerry Sandusky's wife still claims he was totally innocent.

17. highway234

highway234 Member

i haven't seen anyone say lizzie was innocent. i'm saying if carol wanted to kill her as punishment for what she did, that would be totally legitimate. saying carol killed her because she had no choice is the part i have a problem with. i think they did have a choice.

18. lee7189

lee7189 Member

I have the opposite opinion. I don't think punishing her is legitimate. She was mentally ill. Mentally ill people are treated and/or locked up to prevent them from hurting themselves or others. They are not punished. I think Carol and Tyrese had no other viable choice.

19. highway234

highway234 Member

i suppose there's a case to be made, but when i propose that it's possible for two grown adults to keep a 12-year-old girl captive and neutralize her as a threat, the people who are in favor of killing her don't argue that it would be impossible to keep her alive. they argue that it would be inhumane, which is a line of argument i find a bit bizarre.

20. shhh its me

shhh its me Member

With Randall we needed to hear everyone's thought process. I think the show is past that point , they could have spent the last 3 episodes on Carol and TY debating what to do without scratching the surface.

I can understand how a person could argue "any life if better then death" but to not acknowledge that being locked in a dark closet for much of the day , TBH more like bound and gagged for the most of the day ,would be torture I would find bizarre. You may disagree which is worse but neither is "good" its an opinion as to which would be the lesser evil.

I don't actually think keeping her even bound and gagged would be possible. I think them staying at the cabin relied on Micah and Lizzie being able to at least sound the alarm while Ty and Carol did necessary things, upgrade the fence, hunt etc.