Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Lone survivors like the Red Poncho guy

Discussion in 'Episode 516 - Conquer' started by GreekSalads, Mar 30, 2015.

1. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

I always felt bad for these people that are shown on TWD. Like the orange backpack guy in 3x12, The man and his son in 4x10 and the one with the glasses that gets swarmed in 4x16. These guys are wandering in the wilderness alone for a long time with no group. Then they die from walkers and or get killed by douchebags. And no one gets to know their story and experiences or even their name.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sam12six

sam12six Member

See, my theory is that there is some governor type, maniacal community leader who captured a ton of people when the world turned to shit. Every now and then, this leader (for whatever nefarious reason) releases one of these woefully unprepared captives.

This is the only way I can wrap my mind around the idea that there are lone survivors wandering around this deep into the situation who have no idea how to deal with zombies.

3. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes, it's a little far fetched to believe there would be incompetent survivors who have been on the road since the situation began.

It is plausible that some survivors who were holed up for a long time have had to hit the road after their supplies have run out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sam12six

sam12six Member

I don't know. I can see someone's running out of supplies and either relocating altogether or heading down the road to find more. I can't, though, see them just grabbing a backpack and wandering through the woods, waiting to be eaten. Red Poncho Dude, they wanted us to think was LIVING in the wild and knew what he was doing, but think about other lone survivors, like Glasses Dude, that Rick wouldn't let Carl help - he was just myopically wandering in the forest until he got surrounded.

5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

If Morgan does not have good reflex and can use the stick well, he would end up like the red poncho guy.

6. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

I wondered if the glasses guy was a leftover from the Prison's new arrivals. I'm sure some of those redshirts might have made it out alive after the attack. But those people were really brought in for humanitarian reasons and as Caesar Martinez once put it, people like those are "dead weight".

7. sam12six

sam12six Member

If he was, I'd have expected them to say something like, "Hey, there's blind Mike. Let's help him. (or, "I never liked him, anyway.")"

As it occurred, it was pretty clear they'd never seen him before. I like to amuse myself by imagining that he was a scientist who just successfully formulated a zombie virus vaccine and now it's just lying in the woods.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

I've always wondered about these people as well. What are they doing that they are out in this world by themselves without any weapons of sorts? doesn't make sense that this far into the Apocalypse we would see this many ill prepared people meeting their demise.

9. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I could see a group of 1 by choice.. Now I only have to feed and take care of myself. I don't have to make moral decisions about other people's lives or watch them die.
    Or a group of 1 by accident.. You've become separated from your group because of a herd, invaders, bad weather or illness in the group. That could drive you out.

My problem was the red poncho. The guy was great with living outdoors, Daryl said so. But why would you wear a red poncho that everyone and their brother could see for miles?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. bstill

bstill Member

Kinda reminds me of the orange backpack dude, minus the camping gear clacking.

11. lvprguy

lvprguy Member

it is annoying how they have survived all this time and now they seem to die feet away from our group. How did one walker with a rope around his neck kill a guy few hundred yards from the ASZ and yet Father Gabriel of all people was able to take him down.

12. mfinley

mfinley Member

People are dying almost weekly on the show in the group of people that the show centers on. Not sure why it would be any different with other groups of people. A solo person you see now dead could have been a non-solo person a week earlier. Daryl and Aaron are out specifically looking for more people to bring to Alexandria as a major theme to the show right now... they just came across some solo black dude waking around with a staff...there's people out there...

13. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Isn't that the thing though. Red poncho guy wasn't brought down by walkers. You saw how friendly the wolves were when they first encountered Morgan, with the exception of having a gun pointed at him, but RPG might have thought he finally found other survivors to hang with...we have no idea what they said to him to get him to go with them...OR they might have just forced him to go along after they intercepted him. At any rate I'm surprised these isolated cases haven't learned they have to be as cautious of the living as they have to with the dead.

14. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Red Poncho Guy survived in a neighboring ASZ and was just out stretching his legs ...hey he lived a good life;)

15. Reflexx

Reflexx Member

I imagine that most of the people wandering around by themselves were like Bob. They were a part of a group, and they are the only survivor left.

16. Jato

Jato Member

Would it really be that hard to survive on your own? If you can deal with walkers and survival, all you'd have to do is avoid people. I mean, it couldn't be impossible to avoid other humans, there aren't that many left. Maybe this guy hasn't seen another living human in so many months that he's gotten too comfortable with being alone? Or he thinks there are no more survivors left, came across a perfectly good poncho and decided to use it. It's not like walkers can see colour.
    Of course, I don't know a thing about survival, I have no idea how hard it'd be to survive on your own.

17. firstfooter

^ Morgan survived.

18. ChocoboPrincess

ChocoboPrincess New Member

Didn't Deanna or someone from ASZ say something about how the area was largely cleared of people before the zombie apocalypse? That means it would theoretically be easier to survive on one's own here than somewhere more densely populated, but the gang have still had huge problems on incredibly unsafe supply runs in the area (like the ill-fated trip with Noah) and it's been what, two years?

19. mfinley

mfinley Member

^ Governor survived.

He was walking around and surviving by simply stepping to the left a half step and letting the walkers fall down...

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. firstfooter

^ no the Guv did not survive