Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Lori busting Rick's chops for keeping secrets??!!

Discussion in 'Episode 206 - Secrets' started by Felicia, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I dislike Lori. Aside from the fact that I think she is a slut and a cheater... (and yes to be fair I think Shane is too) that whole pile of shit she dumped on Rick for not telling her about Hershel wanting them to leave while she is sitting on some real friggin powder keg type secrets makes me want to slap her even dumber than she already is.

2. MBTaylor29

MBTaylor29 New Member

My thoughts exactly. That argument is one of my favorites of the year. All that emotion, made it feel so real.

3. Julia Ds

Julia Ds Member

I kept telling myself during that scene "maybe her pregnancy is making her emotions run-amok, and she can't see how much of a bitch she is acting like" Very unfair to criticize Rick for his secret, which was minor compared to hers.

4. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

A-men.....

5. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

It's not cheating if you think your husband is already dead. However, the rest I pretty much agree with.

6. Flesh Eater

Flesh Eater Well-Known Member

I agree, Lori drives me nuts sometimes...her getting on Rick when she had two huge secrets was just wrong. I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt though with being pregnant, esp in the 1st three months your emotions run rampant - damn harmones.

7. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

All right, Bassman..I wills cede the point that she did think her husband was dead and that might not mean cheater. I stand by the slut part though. :) Especially Shane, he's boinking every woman he meets.

8. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

I hate Lori just as much as Shane. Getting all pissed off at Rick for keeping one secret and how is dealing with Herschel and everything else. The woman sleeps with his best friend and keeps quiet about it for weeks until she gets busted by Dale. She finds out she is pregnant and decides to take pills first before even talking with her husband about it.What a whore. When Rick confronts her on it the best answer she has got is " I screwed up". How much more shit is this man going to have to deal with? I wanted so much to see him yell or put her in line,something but.. That is not the kind of man Rick is.I really feel for him. And the look he had.. she just didn't stab him she twisted the knife.

9. zomga

zomga Member

My girlfriend was about to slap-a-hoe!

10. Newly Infected

Newly Infected New Member

I think she was just reacting in a very emotionally charged way. She was blinded to the irony of being angry at Rick for keeping secrets when she's got secrets of her own by her fear. I'd be scared out of my brains if I thought my husband was dead, gave in to the offers of safety and comfort from a man I already cared for and trusted, had my husband show back up, found out I'm pregnant and it isn't his, and now have to figure out how I'm going to have and raise that child (who isn't his) in a zombiefied world. That's kind of a lot to deal with, even if it's all the result of her own choices. As has been pointed out, she thought Rick was dead. And she was scared and stressed, and I think, just looking for some comfort. She was weak. Giving in to weakness just makes her that much more human to me. I don't understand why is everyone so pissed and hating on her so much.

11. SavetheLast_1

SavetheLast_1 Member

I don't really blame her for sleeping with Shane....it's not cheating when your husband is dead, guys...c'mon.......

But with that being said, that comment from her really pissed me off. I yelled "OH YOU STUUUUUUPID LYYING WHOORE!" at the TV.

12. Roman'sRevenge

Seriously? First off and this is unsure the time frame. I don't think Lori took long enough time to morn or grieve Rick before Shane started banging her.In the flashback when she was talking to her girlfriend about the fight she and Rick had she gets all pissed off because he won't fight and be combative with her.He sounds aces in my book. She hesitated before saying if she still loved him her answer was " I think we got married to young". That was the best answer she could come up with?She took abortion pills before even ever talking to her husband about it then she wasn't sure if she wanted to share that bit of news with him.She did only because he busted her about it when he found the pills. And for her to be all or act superior over the man for keeping one secret? Did it occur to her he was trying to protect her in a way? Guess not. She always starts fights with the man. Excuse me where is Rick's sympathy. He has been through too much shit from every side now.

13. SavetheLast_1

SavetheLast_1 Member

Rick is a Saint, that's for sure.

Women actually do get frustrated at us Men sometimes for not being aggressive enough, or being too nice. That's a very real ideal that the writers decided to throw in there. A lot of guys can relate to that.

She might not have taken enough time to mourn over Rick, but none of us can ever really know what we would do in Lori's exact same scenario.

World's ending...
    The person who was always there to comfort you and love you is gone forever (so she thought)....
    My son's probably going to die....

That's a lot to think about. Who knows how that would affect any of us, or the decisions we would make. It's probably impossible to tell unless we experienced it ourselves.......not very likely rofl....

14. Chreees

Chreees Member

I like comic book Lori much better than I do show Lori...

15. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

I agree with what you are saying here. I personally do not think it was the right thing to do but like you said how do we know what we would or wouldn't do for sure given the situation. What I am wondering most about is the pause she took when Rick asked her, "The world went to shit and you thought I was dead, right?", meaning that is why she took up with Shane, and she took a long time to shake her head yes. I am just wondering if this is foreshadowing and maybe her and Shane were already having an affair before Rick got shot. Then Rick gets shot, she thinks he is dead for a while, he comes back and she realizes what she could have lost and that she still loves him so she agrees with this. Not wanting to tell him about an affair beforehand as it would be the straw that broke the camel's back?!? Just an idea, and I have to say I haven't had a problem with Lori but her hypocrisy in last night's episode was a bit over the top even for me to handle.

16. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I agree Chrees

17. SavetheLast_1

SavetheLast_1 Member

I thought the pause was more of her being in awe of just how forgiving and understanding Rick was. If you're right though, that would be MIND BLOWING...like a flash back of an affair when Rick was still alive.

That would really change my views on shane and lori....a lot...

18. Newly Infected

Newly Infected New Member

I thought for a long time Lori and Shane were having an affair before this all started, but I've started to think that maybe it was just an attraction, and after she thought Rick was dead and Shane had saved her and Carl and was crawling up her pant leg it was "safe" to act on that attraction... I really don't think it was more than that (though I admit we could find out I'm wrong). Whatever the situation, while Rick is a strong and upstanding guy, I don't think he's a saint... C'mon, do you know the hoops they had to jump through to get Mother Theresa sainted?! Chreees, my bf has read the comics and he keeps saying the same thing...

19. Roman'sRevenge

I rewatched Days Gone Bye and missed a couple of things. When Rick and Shane were talking in the patrol car and Rick mentioned the fight he and Lori had it was as if Shane was waiting for an opening - as in pursuing Lori. When Rick said that Lori was pissed at him all the time and then she said "Maybe you don't care about us at all".I had to think that she and Shane might have gotten close then or thought about.Then to the flashback of Lori talking to her girlfriend about how she and Rick married too young and it took her a moment to say that she still loved her husband. That brings me to when Rick asked Lori about her and Shane that it had been going on a lot longer. As I mentioned before Lori didn't just stab Rick with a knife she twisted it. Rick may not be a saint and has flaws but next to his wife and best friend Jeez.

20. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

It would really change my views on both of them too!! It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Right now, for me, Lori's only saving grace is that the affair with Shane was because she thought Rick was dead. If we find out otherwise I will be done with her for sure. And Shane has already grossed me out by screwing Andrea in this episode. So he doesn't have that left far to fall. Lol