Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Lori isn't bad

Discussion in 'Episode 213 - Beside the Dying Fire' started by John2find, Mar 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

I've known women that mirror her, too.

2. BrokenAngel

BrokenAngel Active Member

And yet... You like her?????

3. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

IMO, she's only guilty of being a human and making the mistakes that come along with it.

TWD is mainly about characters making poor decisions, so she is no different. Plenty of poor decisions, but generally with the best of intentions at heart.

4. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Yeah Lori is't bad.. to look at. In other ways... not so much.

5. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

I like her because, like I mentioned, this is all getting goofy. As you know, Lori is fictional. I'm just not getting that worked up over it, anymore. In fact, I think all this hatred might be good for the show. It shows they're doing something right to get this much emotion out of everyone over one character.

I think it's funny.

6. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Exactly what I was saying earlier. Good attention or bad attention, it means the writers are creating something worth talking about.

I can see Kirkman and Mazarra looking at all the internet hatred toward Lori and saying...

[​IMG]

7. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

Lori is nothing more than a cheating whore and slut. Self absorbed queen bee bitch. Manipulating everyone she can. She is f****d up. A user.

8. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Roman, are you by chance a woman?

I sense a pattern forming with the Lori hatred...

9. Nemo Nemoque

Nemo Nemoque Member

Lori was shagging Rick's best friend and got knocked up by him. How dumb is that? She didn't know that having unprotected sex could result in pregnancy? She never told Rick about her "mistake," until Rick found the "abortion pills." She blamed Shane for making her an adultress as if she had nothing to do with it. When Shane wanted to leave, she asked him to stay. She told Shane she didn't know whose baby it is. She told Rick that Shane was dangerous and might kill him. How was Lori being faithful to Rick when she and Shane were not being honest with Rick? How was she being faithful to Rick when she tells Shane that she didn't know whose baby it is? How is that making things better among them?

10. Zombie Dragoness

Zombie Dragoness New Member

yeah... what if it had been backward & Shane had been the one to kill Rick (we know since Rick has a 'get out of death free card' that will never happen... but lets pretend for a minute) that would have been bad for everyone in the group & prolly would have lead to the group dispersing or being picked off, as Shane was not in the right frame of mind anymore to make sounjd decisions. not to mention she put her husband, whom she was supposed to love & care for in unnessessary danger... she should have just let Shane leave when he wanted to.

11. Maggie

Maggie Member

a lot of bad decisions.... lets put this in the correct frame of context though.... they've been on the run for weeks living by the thinnest of margins ... Shane saved her ass and got her out of Atlanta ... her security for her son and herself were trashed. I could see it happening... wierder things have happened. If she and Shane were close before, then this environment would easily lend itself to making them closer.... that type of situation tends to bind people very closely very quickly.

Just sayin

(And yes, Roman and Angel .... I know, she's a bitch, whore, slut, etc.....)

:)

12. BrokenAngel

BrokenAngel Active Member

Yes this! Exactly right! Lori need to die and killed as soon as humanly or walker possible. Damn bitch and unfaithful whore.

13. scoutie

scoutie New Member

This is why I joined the "I hate Lori" club. She kept going on and ON about how dangerous Shane was, and begged him to do something about it. When he finally does (after Shane tries to kill Rick twice), she gets all huffy with her big "how could you do this" eyes. Boo.

14. TWD

TWD Member

Carol is far more insufferable than Lori.

15. soclara

soclara New Member

Oh man, seconded. Although, I think I'm a little biased there. :p

As for Lori, idk, something about her always rubbed me the wrong way but I couldn't pinpoint why. I kind of knew she was being manipulative, but she covered it up real well with those looks of concern, lol. I guess when it hit me was when she got pissed over Rick killing Shane, but then keeps telling Rick that she'll go along with every decision he makes... The saddest thing is Rick is completely duped by it, too.

(sorry for reviving a super dead post, but I just started watching the show and blew through all of the episodes in about a week... just waiting for February :p)

16. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Oh god not this again either, now the Andrea AND Lori comments are back.
    When a woman like Lori who's had marriage Problems since before the apocalypse has been told her husband has died then she 2 months later, hooks up with his best friend who she'd known since before Carl was Born it's not eactly "whorish" as many call it.

When Rick came back she did the Right Thing and cut Shane out, he went nuts and caused a wedge between them, not Lori but Shane. As for the whole 2x13 Scene watch closely and you'll realise that Lori's just shocked but not Walking off until Rick says "Carl finished him off".

17. soclara

soclara New Member

Haha, sorry, I was just re-watching season 2 and I googled 'Lori manipulated Rick' and this post came up. :p Wanted to see if I was alone in those feelings is all. I never really hated her, just felt like she wasn't always 100% honest about her intentions, or she was hiding them from Rick.
    It was especially the part where she basically plants in Rick's head that Shane needs to be dealt with, that just came off really wrong to me. Like someone else said, kind of Lady Macbeth-like.

#37 soclara, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  18. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I'm in the same boat as everyone else on the "Lori is a psycho bitch that manipulated Rick and Shane into hating eachother and never watched Carl and is a cheating whore", but that might be something I'll pick up on in a second viewing of Seasons 1 and 2. The way I see it, she was having problems with Rick in the first place, and yeah, she liked Shane a bit because she was damaged by Rick's death and the zombie apocalypse made her a bit, uh, emotional. Or horny. And maybe she wanted to secure Shane as a father figure for Carl.

And right when Rick comes back, she immediately ends things with Shane, even though he repeatedly tries to get back together and then tries to rape her. Yeah, I'd want him dead too. And then she finally tells Rick the truth, but the whole time she stays faithful to him. And whatever she said or implied to Rick about killing Shane, I'll have to re-watch that specific scene to see what exactly she says, but I seriously doubt she meant to get Shane killed. If she wanted him dead, she could've done it herself. That's why she's genuinely shocked when Rick tells her so bluntly that he killed him without mentioning every last detail.

And then in Season 3, 6 damn months later and she's probably going through hell trying to survive in the woods like that while having a baby and not having a secure home or place to stay and have the baby, having mood swings, worried sick that the birth will fail or the baby isn't going to make it in this world, and probably a little scared for her own life, and yet Rick STILL stays mad at her until she dies. I mean, yeah. I kinda felt bad for her. Plus she was probably right, the baby wasn't going to make it, but I guess we haven't found out for sure yet.

#38 kennyisalive94, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  19. Stuff&Thangs

Stuff&Thangs Well-Known Member

Gee whiz, I had no idea people hated Lori this much. It is one thing to dislike a character, but it is another to outright hate them. Maybe these posters were projecting some of their own insecurities on that particular character. It just baffles me how uncritical most of the comments on this thread are.

20. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

It's like Charlie Sheen or Miley Cyrus. I don't get the extreme hate. Maybe it's a bandwagon.