Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Lori on the phone

Discussion in 'Episode 306 - Hounded' started by theNextmrsGrimes, Nov 25, 2012.

1. theNextmrsGrimes

theNextmrsGrimes Active Member

One more question about Rick's phone call with Lori last week...

Towards the end of the call, when the static was breaking the connection, she seemed to keep saying "Rick? "Rick?"
    almost like she wanted to keep talking and couldn't finish what she wanted to say.

Does anyone think this will mean more "appearances" of Lori - will Rick have a visual hallucination, dream, another phone call, etc??

2. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

There might be more phone calls.

3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I am thinking they are done with it. The look on Rick's face and the way he ended the call with her still talking.....I think his realization that it was in his head will make the phone calls stop. Although I would like to see more...

4. Busted Flipflop

He seemed to be "cleared" up and at peace after talking to Lori. I personally like to interpret the phone call as an actual call from the other side rather than it being a hallucination. I'd like to think it was Lori's spirit contacting Rick to help him move on so he can survive for Carl and the baby. Stuff like this isn't unheard of. He seemed at peace after the call, like he was able to move on. If they do reintroduce another phone call I suspect its because he's reached another breaking point. Otherwise, I don't think we'll see more.

5. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

there may be more. or he was just realizing what was happening.

6. undeadchick

undeadchick Member

I think I heard her say "Don't give up" among "I love you" and other things.

7. The Great Zombini

The Great Zombini Well-Known Member

Who was the male's voice on the phone? It sounded like T-Bone. But I doubt Lori and T-Bone would be hanging out in the afterlife. I'm sure they each have lost family members to be with.

8. mothra19

mothra19 Member

^The male was Jim.

9. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

It was Jim. The voices were Amy, then Jim, then Jacqui, then Lori.

10. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Is Rick going to stop with the hallucinations ?

No, I think it's going to be covered a little more to show his mental state & the path he's going down/trying to come to terms with..

Killing people for the group to survive and the violent loss of people he's connected to is weighing heavily on his mental state..

Previously he defined himself as the good guy, now the definition is not so clear to him..

11. Junking87

Junking87 Member

Me too, I like to believe he was receiving calls from the other side as well.

12. Caitlin.Paige

Caitlin.Paige New Member

There might be other phone calls, but there's just no way that Lori is alive. I mean the show always so when the characters die or not, which is how we knew that Carol was alive, but enough was done to make it convincing.:shining:

13. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

To me the action has stepped up way too much for Rick to even be able to have a chance to think about the phone much less take the time to go talk on it.Maybe there is a possibility that he will once more just to talk to maybe Dale or Shane.

14. theNextmrsGrimes

theNextmrsGrimes Active Member

Very good idea. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season!

15. Buttercup

Buttercup Member

Yeah, the phone conversation was bizarre. Then, watching the phone scene more. I understood, he was hallucinating. He realize that Lori was really gone. Also, when Hershel picks up the receiver. You don't hear a dial tone. n

16. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Yeah. He was definitely hallucinating. In the comics this goes on for a lot longer. Mahoosive comic spoilers to follow:

17. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

I always loved that bit where Carl genuinely tries the phone out. Although some might view it as strange; I though it was a neat sort of father-son bonding moment. Rick opened up to Carl about his true feelings, and the things he struggles with and his coping mechanisms with the phone, and Carl understandingly and very open-mindedly asks to try the phone, hoping to hear Lori as well. But when he picks up the receiver and hears silence and tells Rick "nothing. Same as you"; I think that really helps Rick to close the book on that chapter of his life. I think between the phone bit with Carl, and Rick opening up to Michonne about the phone(to which she reveals her frequent conversations with and "possessions" by her lover Mike) these events really helped Rick to move on.

He doesn't really "hang it up" until him and Andrea become more serious. After Negan's grenade campaign on the ASZ; the fires are raging and Rick decided to move his people to the Hilltop. While packing he has a long ponderous look at the phone; and decides the leave it at the abandoned ASZ. Although we know he always he planned on coming back; but I like to think he's done with the phone; but i think it would be neat to see it sitting on a shelf or over a mantle place in a future issue. LOL