Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Lori Overreacting?

Discussion in 'Episode 209 - Triggerfinger' started by Jakobi, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

That part at the end when Lori was going on about Shane to Rick seemed like she was really just trying to turn Rick against Shane. There is this Team Shane and Team Rick thing forming more and more. I would have told Lori the same thing just to get her butt back in the car, and I would have probably joined in at that barn massacre...and the Otis thing...

I don't know, it just seems like she is starting "drama" between the boys.

2. boutte

boutte Active Member

I think she really is afraid of him. And with good reason.

3. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

I don't think she was just upset because he lied I think she sees he isn't letting her go for anything and is truly afraid. I think that is why she didn't let Rick just blow it off like he tried too at first. If she wan't afraid of him I don't think she would have pushed it as hard. I think she is truly afraid for Rick's life.

4. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

IN all fairness though, I think Shane did the right thing in lying to her about where Rick was. Who the hell did she think she was, Rambette or something to go stealing off into the night without telling a single soul at the barn? And worrying her child like that? Thank Goodness he lied, and didn't allow her to drag them both to the shoot out scene. That might have quickly given the other guys more leverage, or created a long enough distraction for Hershel, Rick or Glen to be shot.

5. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Yeah... Shane is beginning to get that "If I can't have you no one can" boyfriend vibe

6. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I definitely think she was trying to stir the pot a bit. She didn't look so frantically scared to me, and why didn't she tell Shane he should follow his original idea that she talked him out of and just leave..

7. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

She brought it on herself with all her little bread crumbs tossings. He had finally been at peace and was going to just leave the group. She couldn't just leave well enough alone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Lori was being an idiot when she went off alone. The woman is a piece of work. At first I was almost... okay I wasn't exactly warming to her but I was like...okay... you stabbed a walker in the eye, beat another with a hubcap and then popped a cap in him.. you just showed you can take care of yourself when you have too...and yes, I do think she should have told Rick. I think that now Rick will not trust Shane like he might have before that, and I think that will save his life. However... I still just can't bring myself to think she would be a productive member of the group. Going off alone was really stupid.

9. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Just to play devils avocate a little, it really must suck to be Shane. Seriously, Shane thought Rick was dead...put his ear to arick's chest and nothing! Then him an Lori end up knocking boots. Life on Planet Shane is going good, he has a gal that likes him and a son. That all falls to crud as soon as Rick arrives on the scene. Now Shane is expected to just forget about his emotional and physical connections to Lori? Sounds like hell to me.

10. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I have to admit her handling of those walkers was really a surprise. Who would have thought she'd had it in her. Now if she could only apply those skills when the group needs it...

11. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I agree and she sure as hell hasn't made it easier on him. Looks like everything is falling into place nicely for him to totally loose his mind over her.

12. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Yep, he got handed a shit sandwich. He has his reasons for being the way he is, but I still think he's going to make a go for Rick and I still hope he dies when it happens. I wish it maybe could have gone another way, and I think if Lori had handled it differently, it might have.

13. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Oh ya, I agree, I'm just saying it sucks to be Shane sometimes. As for Lori, I would demand some better writing.

14. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Eye yiye yiye Zambi! I am rewatching when she was talking with Shane and she tells him that she told Rick. For one second there when he was asking if she told Rick she thought he was dead, did she tell him it was a mistake, and Lori agreed that is what she told him... I thought Shane was going to strangle her. She really has no care for the misery she inflicts on other people. Shane is nuts, and she just keeps pushing and pushing. No wonder if Shane really goes after Rick. She's waving a danged red flag in front of him.

15. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

If I am truthful though I have to admit I kind of like hating her :)

16. marsyao

marsyao Member

It does not sound right that Lori popped the "Otis" question to Shane, I am not saying what Shane did to Otis is right, but in that group, everybody could demand to know what happened to Otis from Shane except Rick and Lori, whatever Shane did that night, he did save their son's life, Lori should show a little gratitude here.

17. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Exactly! Now had she let him go on his merry way like he wanted to in the first place......then again the final climax to this particular saga wouldn't be as entertaining for us viewers without her having talked him into staying so she could further drive him nuts.

18. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

Lori's worthless at this point. I'd rather she get whacked than Shane.

In addition to Shane adding an interesting angle to the show, the bonus is my amusement at reading some of the holier-than-thou posts here about what Shane 'should do,' should have done, etc. It's really going to suck if/when he gets offed.

19. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Can you imagine what it was like to live with her before all this? Lol

20. Greyone

Greyone Member

Marsyao, shut yo' mouf; over there makin' sense an' all. Ain't no sense to this story...

Did NO one else notice that when we last saw Officer Rick he had just gunned down two men around...well, it wasn't high noon but it couldn't have been later than 4 or 5 in the evening. (It's summer I'm assuming seeing how Carol wanders around outdoors at night with only a thin shirt on.) And when Lori flipped her car the sun was still high in the sky. At first I assumed she had been unconscious for some time, but no- peep in on the three in the bar and the barrel on Rick's gun is still smoking (figuratively, folks). So, just moments after the shootings and the car flipping it's dark enough out to be...9pm? Three minutes in and I knew the writers were now just playing us all for suckers: "We've got 'em hooked- they'll take ANYTHING we hand 'em and they'll like it."

So, now they mix in a little love triangle drama- "Hey, it worked with that girl, the vampire, and the werewolf" and now we have the setting ripe for one of these boys to get hisself killed. Over a woman. In the middle of a gotdang Zombie Apocalypse. Marsyao- where's the sense in that? Yes, it will probably be Shane and that's a damn shame because, as Andrea so aptly pointed out, this group ain't going to survive long without him.

Rick, who just shot two men because he "thought" they were going to shoot him- runs AWAY from Glenn & Herschel to attend to a man who actually DID just shoot at him. For all those talking about noise and wasting ammunition: Rick just emptied his revolver TWICE while Glenn is blasting a shotgun. In a town presumably FILLED with The Walking Dead. Again, Rick is willing to sacrifice the lives of two good men. As he explains to Lori, he shot the living to protect what was his- she and Carl, but notice, when it came to Herschel and Glenn he gambled with their lives to fulfill his own sense of honor. Herschel proposed, and would have done, EXACTLY what people are wringing their hands over Shane for.

The writers make another timeline error when the three amigos return late the next morning (judging by the light). How far away is town, again?

Lori, now back on the ranch, sits down with Dale, the wise old sage, who apparently doesn't think ANYTHING is wrong with her disappearing for half the day and night. But, damn if he don't keep casting the evil eye on ol' Shane who didn't do anything but singlehandedly go out and retrieve her. Folks, she was heading to town ON FOOT!!! With a six-shot revolver!!!! Again- and I hate to have to keep reminding people but damn, the show isn't- DURING THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!!!! And she's hostile with Shane on the road- forcing him to lie! Let me be clear: I'm black. But I don't give a damn if the man coming down the street to get me during the ZA is wearing a pointed white sheet on his head- I'm happy as hell to see him. We can talk about cross burning some other time but for now we gots to get the hell up outta here.

The drama these writers so desperately want to deal with has a place when the danger is a serial killer, preying on highschool cheerleaders. Or maybe even a terrorist- dropping little bombs all over town. But we're dealing with the preacher eating his children, the police officer tearing open the skull of a woman to get to the brains inside, and a little girl locked in a barn hungering for human flesh. I really don't think a skinny, "suspect" woman is going to be the main point of focus for the two most capable men at this time. I was really hoping THAT was what was going through Rick's head while she sought to play him- snuggling all into his back with her bare yet-to-be-determined-that-they-actually-exist breasts. Please, please, please, Rick- "bro's befo' ho's".
    If Rick IS a real man, as so many claim, he should easily see through the farce that is his wife. Hell, way back when he was remarking to Shane while they were on patrol that she'd said some things that set his spidey senses all a-tingle. Now, here she is pouring salt- trying to get Rick to go against the man SHE slept with and whom Rick knows she is more than likely pregnant by. "Rick, baby, can you clean this mess up for me, darling....I'll be real good." At least until I do something stupid again.

The Walking Dead is NOT holding to the promise of the first 5 episodes- some of the best treatment of the zombie genre that I've ever seen. The show is fast becoming ALL that's wrong with network television. The production company needs to find a way to fix this quick or AMC is going to have a one-hit wonder on their hands.