Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Lori, Rick and Carl

Discussion in 'Episode 301 - Seed' started by Spaldingas, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Spaldingas

Spaldingas New Member

Heya everyone, I've been looking round and I can't seem to find an answer so I thought I'd make a new thread.

Can anyone tell me exactly why Rick and Carl hate Lori? I can't remember what happened in the last few episodes but it seems like it's just suddenly sprung up!

Thanks!

2. shoot-to-kill

shoot-to-kill Member

Rick and Carl hate Lori because Lori slept with Shane (A man who was Rick's friend) and with Rick (her husband) and is now pregnant and they don't know who the baby is for.

3. Spaldingas

Spaldingas New Member

Oh right, I was under the impression Rick knew that and had forgiven her for it?

4. shoot-to-kill

shoot-to-kill Member

I think Rick wants everyone to believe that he forgave Lori, and that he wants to but can't because he really loved/loves her and she cheated on him. I also think that after Shane died, Rick decided to push his hurt deep inside himself and just focus on trying to keep everyone safe so that his feelings won't eat him up inside. Again, this is just my opinion.

5. Spaldingas

Spaldingas New Member

Yeah, it makes sense. Especially because this season started off so many months after the last one. That's time enough for feelings to get messy.

6. shoot-to-kill

shoot-to-kill Member

Another thing, I also think that Rick is too nice of a guy to actually tell Lori what he really thinks of her.

7. Spaldingas

Spaldingas New Member

Again, it makes sense, but I just re-watched the season 2 episode where she told him, and he really didn't seem that pissed. Ah well, I'll keep re-watching the season in case it starts to make sense to me.

8. ChokeHldsIllegal

I thought Lori's reaction / lack of support for Rick in the s2 finale when he explained that he killed Shane and that Carl put down Walker Shane played a part too...

she was the one who told Rick Shane was dangerous but she still reacted very poorly to hearing what happened. That def didnt help things... IMO Rick declared his Ricktatorship due to the fact that he was tired of getting no support / backing for his tough calls, especially from Lori...

9. theNextmrsGrimes

theNextmrsGrimes Active Member

In the ep after Nebraska Rick told Lori that he killed the living to protect what's his. This was when they were both in the tent. That same scene, he said he would accept the baby as his. They seemed all lovey-dovey until he told her about killing Shane (remember, when they all re-grouped on the highway Shane was the first person Lori asked about - not Andrea, Patricia, Jimmy, etc) Then she showed her true colors. AL and SWC said in one take, which AMC did not show, she spat in his face.

Fast forward to season 3 In the first ep, when they are at the cars looking at the map, he looks at her sitting in the car, and seems to care. At the campfire he practically forces her to take extra food from the bowl, even after she told him she already ate. He seemed to care, but doesn't give her the time of day when twice she tries to talk to him. When Carol calls Hershel in, he seems concerned, but doesn't go to see what the problem is...kind of a dickish move. Then a long, lingering look when she is standing on the platform and he is getting ready to go through the rest of the prison.

The only times they had any interaction was when she asked him about what to do with the prisioners, he barely made eye contact and walked away without saying anything, and we all know what happened at the platform...just a tap on the shoulder and walk away.

BUT - from the time "Killer Within" started, and he was running to her when the zombies were in the yard, to yelling her name, and then the emotional breakdown, you could tell he loved her anyway. He was just being a jerk the first 2 eps.

One question - when Lori was talking to Hershel, about her concern she lost the baby, she said something like he hates her for what she put him through. He responded with "we've all been living with that all winter"......WHAT DID SHE DO????

Yes, I've had a bit too much coffee...never typed so much so fast.

10. BrokenAngel

BrokenAngel Active Member

Rick's concern first and foremost at that time was for the baby. He offered her extra food and had concern for her yes because of the baby. He stayed with her and could have left,he chose to stay. He still cared for her. He didn't act like a jerk. Hello? She put him through so much s**t. They way she treated him and what she said to him. The main thing she cheated on him with his best friend. She kept her pregnancy from him and tried to abort the baby. She wouldn't stay away from Shane who was obsessed with her. As she said it herself." She put the knife in Rick's hand and made him kill Shane.

11. Spaldingas

Spaldingas New Member

Thank you so much guys, this has been really helpful! I will now relate the entire thing to my dad, who is equally confused

12. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

Carl didn't knew Lori and Shane had sex