Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Lori Saving Hershel

Discussion in 'Episode 302 - Sick' started by Joshua, Oct 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Headshot

Headshot New Member

It will be interesting to see what Hershal has to say about the experience. If your remember Shane started getting reprogrammed almost immediately and as far i can recall this is the first person who has been so close to death and come back. They may not even pursue this angle but it would make things interesting.

2. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

"What just happened?"

They just pulled one of the oldest horror movie tricks on you, that's what.

Anyway, Lori revived him and he sprung awake. It's the old "cat jumps from a dark corner".

3. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

Absolutely true! It was also a slight of hand... as the show is so fond of doing. In Ep 301 while we were busy thinking Lori was going to die, Hershel gets bit (easy to see it coming). In 302 it looks like Hershel is going to die and the writers work hard to convince us of this by making sure that Carol has the medical skills to deliver Lori's baby in Hershel's absence. So, now that Hershel is off the hook, my guess is that Carol is the intended target and will be killed by her unseen stalker. But hey, I could be wrong. :)

4. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Lori saving Hershel made me like her more cause I would've been sad if Hershel died.

5. trickhorses

trickhorses Member

Same here. I actually like Hershel. So if I was in Lori's shoes. I would have done the same and revived him without question.

6. HeeroBlaze

HeeroBlaze Member

Lori is most interesting character in the series. She saves life (Hershal), condemns life (Shane), and will give life (the unborn child). She does her best to bring stability to the group, knowing that trying to creating a life worth living is more difficult than taking down a walker. With the exception of Rick and Carl, everyone else appreciates Lori. Rick and Carl won't know what they have lost unitl she is gone, and if she is killed, then the group will suffer a significant lose.

7. trickhorses

trickhorses Member

I agree 100%.

8. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

I'm surprised Lori stepped up and did what she did. But then she would do anything to try and redeem herself to Rick. But then the way he thanked her was like throwing her a bone. She has to do more than that for his forgiveness love back and respect back.

9. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

I was expecting hershal to bite lori in that scene, i was all prepared for it like "oh i see this coming, he's doing to turn" and i thought he was for a few seconds...

meh .. damn writers had me fooled. :zombies_confused:

10. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Also agree 100%..

Lori is stability for Rick & Carl, everyone is pairing up since they have no stable connection to draw hope from..

When she is gone the transformation into the hard characters will continue for Rick & Carl..

11. Chreees

Chreees Member

I found him grabbing her as if he was going to bite her to be a bit cheesy, but hey, it worked. Definitely made me jump out of my seat.

Seems like she's trying to redeem herself for sure. I do think we're seeing Lori's character improve, which I like. She's becoming less of a bitch, more of a team player.

12. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

Even if that was Hershel turning, he wouldn't have grabbed on Lori that way. Remember Andrea's sister back from Season 1? When she first turned she wasn't as strong as Walkers are usually are. Maybe it takes some time before the virus completely takes full control over a dead body. But anyway, I too thought that Hershel turned (for a moment) and Lori would be finally bitch-bitten!

13. KitchenWitch

KitchenWitch Member

I wouldn't worry about someone turning until the corpse was cold (that is, if temperatures are reasonably cool). It takes at least an hour after death for the z-pathogen to do its work.

I know that this means that Rick was mooning over Shane's body for an incredibly long time, but he's like that.

Lori had long enough to weigh the risks, but I'm not inclined to think she did so. Not a big one for thinking things over, our Lori.

14. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

Actually, I think Shane turned pretty quick it didn't even seem like an hour, it seemed more inmediate like Milton and Merle, it took a day for Amy and it took hours for Jim.

15. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

I know, that's why I made the comparisons with Shane Milton and Merle, and Jim and Amy.

16. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

This ^^

17. Buttercup

Buttercup Member

When Hershel woke up and grab her. I thought, he was going turn into a zombie. He just goes back to snoring.

18. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

Lori only tried to save Hershel to get another chance to make out with another man. If it was Maggie or someone, she would've been like "Uh, I have to go iron the clothes."

19. obliviousme

obliviousme Member

Lori did something epic here yet people are still hating on her. Tsk. I do love Lori. I hate that they killed her. *shakes my head*