Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Lori/Shane Affair Before the ZA?

Discussion in 'Episode 103 - Tell It to the Frogs' started by divinitysbreath, May 2, 2014.

1. lovedaryl

lovedaryl Well-Known Member

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Shane & Lori had an affair before she thought Rick was dead. They looked awfully cozy (or, rather like they were trying NOT to be too familiar with each other?) during the flashback when Lori was picking Carl up at school and Shane drove up to tell her Rick had been shot. Lori didn't even seem upset at the news. She just seemed upset on how to tell Carl. AND, she was badmouthing Rick to the other mom sitting there on the bench with her before Shane pulled up, too!

2. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Yeah I was under that impression too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. greene girl

greene girl Well-Known Member

Nailed it! Well done!

4. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;K38xNqZvBJI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K38xNqZvBJI[/video]

5. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

Well, it was Lori, so she was probably sleeping with half of the town.

6. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

And I was naïve enough to think all the childish "whore" and "slut" comments came to an end with Season Three.....

7. Stuff&Thangs

Stuff&Thangs Well-Known Member

You should see TWD FB fan pages then...

8. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Nope. That's almost as bad as imdb. I was just meaning this forum.

9. MDixon fan

MDixon fan Member

I completely agree!

10. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Both of these f*ckin' turds are long dead and people still want to talk about them and speculate on if they were screwing pre ZA. What a waste of brain power.

11. MDixon fan

MDixon fan Member

It's fairly recent compared to the Neolithic period but anyway...

12. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

I thought the Rick/Shane/Lori triangle was one of the most interesting & complex stories TWD has told. This is partly because the two male leads, Lincoln and Bernthal, are each phenomenal actors who brought every thing to the story. But also because it is so classically and frustratingly tragic. Together, Rick & Shane -- who clearly loved each other - would have made a terrific leadership team, but for the Lori love triangle. It cost Shane his life, it cost Lori her life, and it turned Rick into a lost soul who flip- flopped between being a tyrant and being a pacifist, who is only now developing the strength and backbone to do what needs to be done to protect his family.

13. obliviousme

obliviousme Member

Nah, Lori and Shane were definitely not involved before the apocalypse happened. It looked like Rick and Lori we're already having some issues before the ZA but i don't think Lori was already screwing Shane that time. Gah, i really hate that they killed Lori, I liked her. :(

14. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

They had definitely been banging for years.

15. PythonColt

PythonColt New Member

I started to watch all the seasons from the beginning and I think Rick never did stop flip-flopping. He has no family left. The daughter was his wife's child but not his. His son is gone. Who has he left? In S9 he is still flip-flopping so bad, his best friends are turning away from him

16. PythonColt

PythonColt New Member

I just started to re-watch all 8 seasons. Lori looked to be the standard housewife complaining of being stuck in a mundane life and it looked like she blamed all her problems on Rick. If the world had not gone to shitz, she would have cheated on him, sooner or later and most likely with his best friend. We all saw the flashbacks of how Shane fixed their sink and how Carl familiarity with Shane tells me he wasn't a stranger in their home.

Lori was the typical cheater type married to a good man and provider but sought the excitement of a bad-boy type like Shane. That is why, if Rick had died the day Shane visited Rick in the hospital, his fingernails on his corpse were still growing by the time she started to spread her legs for Shane. Sure, I can understand her leaning on her husband best friend after the shits hit the fan, but GEEZ, a few weeks later she is sneaking around the camp to screw Shane so soon? BTW, they weren't fooling anyone.

Plus, the act she put on after Rick showed up was just an act. The same act that kept her with Rick before he got shot. Call it peer or society pressure. Remember the scene the day she was picking up Carl at school and Shane shows up to tell her her husband was shot just after, her bad-mouthing Rick about him not standing up to her fake fight? You would think she would have favored, the type of a husband Carol had.

When Rick showed up, she went back to playing the old devoted housewife society expected her to be. If you go back and re-watch those early episodes you will recall, once Rick showed up, she kept her distance from Shane while sending mixed messages to him to keep him on a leash. Her biggest blunder was to entice Shane to go after Rick by telling him, the baby could be his. Why bring that up, if she wasn't sure? Why stoke the fire that was brewing between Rick and Shane after the rumors about Otis's demise? That is not a woman that was re-devoted to her husband.

I was told many years ago that "actions speak louder that words". Lori's actions, While married to rick, after Rick got shot and after Rick showed up at their camp, Lori was not acting like Rick's devoted and loving wife..

#36 PythonColt, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. rhizin

rhizin Member

I totally agree. Actually wrote something to that effect on the Lori thread just before I read this.