Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Losing Faith, Religion and Zombies

Discussion in 'Episode 510 - Them' started by Stuartino, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

So we were chatting about last night's episode at work, and how we are going to survive ZA blah blah, when a lady who has just joined us on contract, butted in and for no discernible reason said zombies aren't true cos they are not mentioned in the bible. I said of course they are they are the first ever written mention of TWD. She didn't seem very impressed. So I followed that up with that there are no dinosaurs the bible either but no-one disputing those.
    Anyway I wasn't knocking religion, it's important to believe in something, I felt sorry Father Gabriel burning his collar. That was a low point. I hope the miracle tornado makes him feel better.

2. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

That's the only reason she thinks zombies aren't real? :zombies_lol: Holy cow, I would have so much fun working with someone like that.

3. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Oh crap -- the internet isn't in the bible. So I don't believe in it. But I'm on it now. I'm not sure what to do.

[​IMG]

As for Father Gabriel, Maggie's words really got to him. It seemed pretty clear that by the end he was regaining his faith. He apologized for doubting God. I'm wondering how all of this is going to affect his actions going forward.

4. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

I've been really impressed by Seth Gilliam as Father Gabriel. When you watch a strong character from one epic tv series pop up in a very different role on another epic series, its hard for them to be believable, just ask Noah. But Father Gabriel is a very troubled soul, great work Seth.

5. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've just recently started watching The Wire -- I'm nearing the end of season 2 -- so it's been weird for me to see Gilliam and Gilliard in such different roles. Can't wait to see Coleman (aww...Tyreese!) in season 3.

6. CoyoteTWD

I'm just about to start that show (probably this weekend)!

7. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

Dangit, that means I'm supposed to start too! ;)

I actually forgot about Father Gabe burning his collar - I obviously have to watch this episode again

8. CoyoteTWD

Yes! Did you convince your husband to watch it yet? You need to start that and I need to start the comics and then we'll have endless things to chat about (not that we probably couldn't do that already).

9. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

It's good! I don't usually watch police procedural dramas, but The Wire isn't so soap-opera-like and seems quite gritty and realistic. The characters are well-written, and you even become invested in the bad guys' stories.

10. CoyoteTWD

I've heard it gets better and better each season too so you've still got a lot to look forward to!

11. VickGrimes

It was House of Cards I couldn't get him to watch, haha! I think he'll do The Wire, so maybe we'll start when we get back from our trip. And yes, we both need to get on the comics! I expect to be done with Book Three by Friday.

12. CoyoteTWD

[​IMG]

How much longer is your trip? I hope you are having a great time!

13. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

The bible doesn't mention me. I don't believe in me then :(. I'm at least glad there are no zombies or unicorns (that I know of) in the Bible, or at least I wouldn't know.

I wa t to watch the Wire too. I've been saying that since I heard Bob and Tyreese were both in it.

#13 ltomlinson31, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  14. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

I really enjoyed the Wire, Series 1 great, series 2 not so great, then better and better. I think the finale was probably the best of all TV series ever. But in The Wire, Seth is young, impetuous, raw not that challenging for a young actor. But Father Gabriel, shows that the guy can act.

15. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

A bible reader and she wasn't impressed with Lazarus? According to scripture he'd been in his tomb four days before he was raised. lol But I have a feeling there's not much one could discuss with that woman.

16. CoyoteTWD

Start watching now and we can have a little group all watching together!

17. VickGrimes

We are! We fly home Friday :)

18. Mira

Mira Member

[​IMG]

19. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

I thought the bible was full of references to dead people coming back to life!

20. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

Hershel, "Christ promised us a resurrection of the dead, I just thought he had something a little different in mind."