Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Lots did not make sense

Discussion in 'Episode 204 - Cherokee Rose' started by Kill Judith, May 2, 2016.

1. Kill Judith

Kill Judith Member

When the pirates boarded the boat you see Strand going to get his gun and seeing that something was missing off it. Next you hear of Strand he is on some crappy raft coming back to the boat getting shot at? Where did this raft come from and when did he get on it?

Sounded like Strand rode whats his name to the spot to go get Strands Friend. It could not have been long once the pirates boarded that they ended up shooting on the oncoming raft (Strand). So strand went all the way to drop off whats his name and came back?

The Pirates were on a small raft. Seems as though their base boat was far away as it took a while for the boat with Connor to come. You would have thought they launched their raft from their base not far away. So what did they paddle like forever to get to Strands boat? Does not make sense.

The whole Strand on the Raft and Whats his name getting his friend was very confusing,

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Wut?

Strand wasn't coming back to the yacht, he was escaping. He had jumped in the pirate's raft and was trying to get away.

3. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

Strand didn't "ride" Nick up to the beach. Strand had Nick disrobe, tie up clothing in a plastic bag and swim to shore. Strand powered down the boat, thus making it possible for the pirates to board the boat - especially since Strand took the keys. No one could move it except for him. EVEN AFTER Strand himself said "The most dangerous thing at sea is the other people" - so he made it easy for anyone to come aboard. He asked for it, he got it!

He saw the ammo-magazine was missing from his rifle. Daniel took it and hid it somewhere, thus ensuring some later 'conversation' before any further usage - as in a threat to the Cast by Strand.

4. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

This is what happens with poorly planned bathroom breaks, kitchen raids, or if you have kids.

5. BlackLightning

Which, considering that Nick did it alone in the middle of the night, was both ridiculous and dangerous.

Why would Strand send Nick out on an "pick-up people" errand in the middle of the night? Because: A) he wanted Nick and what's-his-face back on board before daybreak so the three of them could move forward without attracting attention and B) he didn't want to look like a hypocrite until after the fact.

Strand is so secretive and manipulative I have a hard time comprehending why/how he expects people to just fall in line and trust him.

#5 BlackLightning, May 2, 2016
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
  6. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

This was the worst episode ever in the entire Robert Kirkman universe.

7. BlackLightning

Worse than Still? Where Daryl and Beth did nothing but fuss for 45 minutes.

8. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I think the OP meant Nick is Whats his name not the guy Nick went to get?

But who could know for sure?

Agree the whole Strand thing is getting silly and then more silly too.

[/QUOTE]

9. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

So did yo really watch this episode?

10. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Yes, Still was a very good episode.

11. Cbcw76

Cbcw76 Member

I understand your comments here but obviously a 'return before sunrise/before anyone knows' could not have possibly happened IF brainiac Strand had thought twice about it.

Nick wasn't held up or delayed in his swim. (Where's the bleepin' wetsuit? There isn't a surfer from San Ysidro northward that isn't in a wetsuit if they're going to spend 15 minutes in the Pacific - it is COLD water.)

Nick may or may not have told Strand of his trick to 'get by zombies' but it was still quite a hike up the beach, into this 'development' and then to get Luis loaded up and ready to go. Strand had the radio at this point, by the way - why didn't Luis have one? (Expense. Yes, sure... he's Thomas Abigail's hired-gun with thousand dollar weapons but NOT a sat-telephone?!! Dear Writers - please grow a brain.)

Strand should have had Luis meet them. Even a light-signal would have been adequate in the dark. But that wasn't used, so there could be no pretense of night-only mission without being detected.

The fact that Strand then left the bridge, went below for sleeping far from any fantail action is another point that Brainiac Strand isn't getting extra credit for.

Strand might argue: "We wanted to escape in the dark because I bribed enough for only 2 passengers, not 2 plus 7." But obviously Nick set out within an hour or two of sunrise - not 9 pm. (He could not have survived hours in the cold Pacific. They had to be close into shore, although the zodiac's arrival displays no shoreline at all. Maybe Strand took the boat in, dumped him near shore, and then said, "I'll be at THIS heading 2 miles out." WHY OH WHY, though? Well... helo's might still be covering a shoreline that has no docks or piers. WHY?!! No idea.

12. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

My thoughts exactly...I wonder this about a lot people on these fan sites/pages. I would have added points to your rep but, apparently, I have to spread some more love before I give it back to you.