Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Lowest Reviewed Episode of the Series

Discussion in 'Episode 608 - Start To Finish' started by GrungeMan, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

2. John

John Member

Too many ****ing poxied commercials.

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Remember that you are watching television for *entertainment*, this isn't a documentary. Z-Nation is a cheesy show, and intends to be over-the-top, but it has been getting fairly consistently more entertaining to watch. A lot of people can't say the same about TWD.

4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

5. Stealth

My post above was supposed to be to you [MENTION=5347]Zvivor[/MENTION] but it was sent to someone else.

6. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

There is although a diffrence in quality writing and entertainment and forced writing to make entertainment, I think they where better at the first, or used to be atleast and it been declining since like season 3.

#26 Marc, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  7. Rust

Rust Member

Agree with above posters. I just watched Vatos from season 1 for like the 6th time and there is still more tension, drama and human emotion in that episode, even after 6 viewings than anything in season 6. The show has really lost the human element. The new characters in season 6 are paper thin, boring and poorly written. I mean just compare Jessie or Ron with all their useless screen time to the little bit we saw of Guillermo from Vatos. You want to know more about Guillermo, he had depth and emotion in a very short time on the screen, while Jessie and the other Alexandrites are just wasted space. Lets hope the rest of season 6 somehow manages to turn things around.

8. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

The only thing that is "killing" the show for me in the constant bottle episodes and timeline play. I don't want to see what each and every character was doing on the same day. I can forgive them doing it once, but it seems like since season 4 Gimple has done this and the show passes by 3 days max in a whole season.

It bugs me we have to wait 7 months for a new season, get to see a glimpse of a character we favour, then wait 4 episodes to see them again.It feels like most the characters are never in the show now lol. I know there are a lot of characters on the show and I don't mind that. But you don't need to make bottle episodes with 3 people (Abe,Sasha,Daryl) in...or one (Morgan)...bad idea!

Where were Aaron, Eric, Spencer and Heath during Ep 8? If they want us to see them as more than red shirts you need to use them.

I read in 6B Gimple is dealing with bigger cast groups. Hope so.

I liked Start To Finish a lot. It was a good human episode, especially with Deanna. I also liked "Now". As far as I am concerned at the moment the story is about Alexandria, and their survival. So it was good to see Deanna and Jesse (even though I don't care as much for the latter). But going back MONTHS in time to see Morgan for over a hour...right in the middle of the season 6 present day plot was a real drag. Real badly placed.

#28 Benrai2k, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  9. Stealth

Most of the bottle episodes have driven me crazy too.

One thing though as far as the wait for the season. For TWD we have less of a gap than any other cable show because they break the season up into halves. If we didn't have the midseason break it'd be around 9-10 months.

10. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Well, the characters did think of stuff like that. BUT, you have to wonder why Maggie and/or Aaron didn't tell Rick or SOMEBODY about the sewer tunnel that would allow people to get outside the walkers and get to the cars. That neither Maggie nor Aaron told anybody about the tunnel made no sense. You have to wonder why Rick was such a jerk to Spencer when at least Spencer tried -- other than Rick's latest "king of the mountain" Rictator-revised persona. Or why it is that Glenn couldn't figure out to go for the cars to lead walkers way, since he was outside and capable of reaching the cars..

11. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

It was pretty shitty, but there's been far worse. The worst thing about the episode is how much the entire season has trashed the No Way Out arc from the comics, which happens to be my personal favourite and would have been incredible TV if it'd be lifted directly from the comcics instead of... whatever they're doing right now.

12. Berry

Berry Member

I think the biggest complaint we're seeing (and this is my biggest complaint).. is characters acting "out of character".

It would be good if the writers could involve the actors (or somebody!) to review the scripts, looking for these flaws.

If you want Michonne to leave friends-turned-walkers behind, don't have her stand there staring at someone being torn apart for a whole minute (in which she could easily put him down through the fence).

If you want the Wolf to escape with a hostage and gun, don't sacrifice other characters' characters to do so... let him grab the gun off of Carol's unconscious body and slip out the door.

How did Carol and Morgan end up outside for Carol to end up slipping on the sidewalk? (We had left them in the doorway of the jailhouse.)

I personally think Carol's judgement must have been clouded by the concussion and anger. She must have been livid, so wasn't thinking clearly. But they didn't show that! She was trembling... but was that from physical weakness? anger? fear? lack of confidence? Maybe she was having second thoughts?

Historically, Carol does what needs to be done, she isn't ambivalent. Hopefully once she wakes up, she can voice what the problem was and clarify what happened during that fight... if she doesn't, then we'll have to chalk it up to character inconsistency. Not cool... especially because it is such a pivotal scene.

If she was simply incapacitated by the head injury, there are plenty of ways to show that. A shake of the head, an unfocused camera looking at Morgan, a dazed look...