Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Lydia

Discussion in 'Episode 910 - Omega' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Is she being genuine now? Or still tricking them to get back with her mom? What say you scramburglars?

2. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Well it looked like Henry was a baby's cry away from getting a hole in the head from a hammer. Put there by Lydia. She seems to be pretty acclimated to their beliefs about the dead now owning the world. I haven't seen anything from her that says she's trust worthy or she wants to stay at Hilltop. She wants her walker skin mask back.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I thought the entire "come on imma let you out of your cell for a bit" thing was a plan hatched by Daryl et al. I figured Henry was in on it, and the two of them were being closely watched by Daryl, Tara and others. But nope, it seems Henry really did just let her out on his own. Otherwise the lookouts would have seen her reaching for the hammer, and also Daryl would not have been surprised to see Henry had spent the night there. He would already have known.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

It had to be Daryl's plan... Please. If not that episode is even dumber than I first thought. Why would loverboy Henry have the key to that cell? If you have half a brain, you know he's just gonna do some more stupid stuff.

Nah, it was Daryl's idea. He hinted at it when he told Henry he wasn't the only one that could make her feel safe. It has to be. I guess the lookouts were just a little lame.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I was ready to feed her to the wolves up until the moment she hears that baby cry (and to be honest I was willing to send Henry to the wolves with her). I digress. Someone in the live thread made a post about that the flashbacks were not giving them reason to dislike Alpha. Of course this was posted during the first half of the episode and I was right there with them. I kept wondering why on earth they were giving us reason to develop sympathy for Alpha.

AND THEN

they turned the tables on us. We find out that what Lydia believes to be the truth about her past is only what her mother told her happened, over and over until that is the version she believed to be the truth. She had that moment, outside of her cell, where flashes of the truth were speeding past her. And then she asked Henry to put her back in her cell probably because that is where she felt safe. The story she then proceeds to tell daryl come across as though it were quite painful for her share these very recent revelations about her mom. In that moment I believe she was being truthful. Is there a chance that she choose her mom over her freedom? I believe that is a very real possibility. Victims of abuse are rarely capable, both mentally and emotionally, to make that break in one fell swoop.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

I think her eyes just got real, real opened.

She's gonna have serious words with mama.

7. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

Maybe you're right, but I think her remembering the reality of her past at the end of the episode signaled a "shift" in what she always knew (was fed) as the truth.

Either way, keeping us guessing is good storytelling.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Yeah for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ubiq

Ubiq Active Member

I think Lydia is going to disavow her mother, setting Alpha off as Lydia won't leave to rejoin the Whisperers.

• Like Like x 2
  10. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Not sure yet but I feel she is turning the corner for the best and realizing there is hope as she was stunned when Henry told her the Hilltop had been there for about 6yrs (after Negan storyline).

I think she legit remembered some of the hope her father had during that moment.

Also I knew Alpha had killed Lydia's dad when they 1st showed the scene when he fell back with what looked to be a stab to the neck (not a bite) like what she stated during her first "story".

I'm kinda starting to feel for the poor gal.

#10 WillyJakkz, Feb 18, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  11. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

But I took the baby crying as the straw that finally broke Lydia's fantasy camel - these people are so safe they're making babies and not smothering them when they cry. The worms were part of that, as she realises that Henry and his people don't need to eat worms. I think the episode showed us the shift that Alpha's thinking had made in the past, and the shift that Lydia made in the present - leaving us not entirely sure how we feel about either of them (even if you'd happily accepted that Alpha was a monster, we now see her coming for her daughter even though Lydia seemed to think she wouldn't...so she can't be all bad...or at least not as black-and-white bad as we might prefer to think.)

I don't follow the comics, so I don't know how it plays out there, but on the show we want conflict and drama. A simple prisoner exchange followed by an uneasy truce doesn't deliver drama. A daughter escaping a very sick cult does. So, Lydia comes to her senses - but Alpha doesn't.

I expect there'll be a war. With no holds barred. An all out...no, wait, they've used that. What's worse than all out war?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

"She can't be all bad". Because she's come for her daughter? She's just a control freak and that's why she wants Lydia back. As for the baby, did you see next week's preview?

13. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

That's what I said...and you might be right, I suppose.

I don't watch previews. I don't even watch the episodes properly, it seems, because I was convinced Henry hadn't eaten a worm until I watched it again. He eats one...and then says quite clearly "I ate a worm". Maybe I sneezed over that the first time round...

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. daveainthere

daveainthere Member

An "ALL IN" War.

15. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind if TV Lydia stayed a manipulative killer like her mom Alpha.

I think Enid already filled out the mysterious girl cliché.

• Like Like x 1
  16. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's getting so that I have to watch a couple times to get everything mentioned in the threads. I did see the worm eating although it seems like I missed other stuff. Forget the previews already....well, back to another viewing, lol

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Me, too. And even the stuff I do pay enough attention to turns out to mean more than I realized. lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Lydia's Trigger.....

Preface: I hate drive time radio, especially morning radio. And I need copious amounts of coffee before I can even consider engaging a Spotify playlist at 6-f*ckin-a.m. SO I have my quiet drive into work for my mind to flit about from one subject to the next.

On tap this morning: What caused Lydia to react to the baby crying?

Do awful things happen to babies if they start crying while walking among the Z's?

Did Lydia have a baby and the baby died or was killed?

We had the baby scene at Hilltop and in a preview for next episode we see that one of the freaks has brought along a baby. Sooo is there a connection? Not between the two babies...duh! But will babies prove to be significant in the telling of Lydia's story? If so, is it something she has experienced first hand or is it that she has been witness to atrocities involving the babies/children of whisperers?

I told you guys, I have A LOT of time to think on my drive to work.....

So why did the cry of a baby trigger Lydia?

And what triggered Dave?

• Like Like x 1
  19. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

RADIO MORNING SHOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

NO!!!!!!!