Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Lydia's Pendant

Discussion in 'Episode 912 - Guardians' started by Dnae, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Lydia finds the yoyo, saves the string.

I think "oh she is going to use that to strangle someone, but that is a pretty flimsy bit of string"

Then later she makes an obvious attempt to show Henry that she has a necklace of sorts.

We now know what she used the string for.

But what is the significance of the pendant? Did Henry give her a token or medallion of sorts?

I get that showing the pendant to Henry was meant to signal him that she would rather be aligned with him and Hilltop rather than back with her Madre'. I just do not recall Henry giving her such an item.

2. SStark

SStark Active Member

Before the Lydia for Luke/Alden trade went down in 9x11, I'm pretty sure Henry showed her a Hilltop "coin" when they were hiding out in that abandoned shack. He must've given it to her off screen, because I don't directly remember him giving it to her.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, now I can go directly to that scene and re-watch it

• Like Like x 1
  4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I missed all that. I just saw her find a yo-yo. Lmao

Must rewatch

• Like Like x 2
  5. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Yeah, he talked about a "lady" at Hilltop making them, but that they didn't have any real value.

• Like Like x 2
  6. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I completely missed that, but it had to be the coin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I was wondering why she showed him that. So what would have happened if the walkers hadn't invaded the camp??

8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I just posted a thread for an interview that Angela Kang gave on the episode. She actually talks about the "what if" in this scenario

From the interview:
    The whole story between Alpha and Lydia this episode really is leading up to this test Alpha gives her daughter where she throws a knife on the ground and tells her to kill Henry. When she hesitates, Alpha says Beta will kill them both if she doesn’t. So let’s play another round of my favorite game, Walking DeadWhat If. Let’s say Daryl and Connie don’t come to the rescue: What does Lydia do with that knife? Does she kill Henry to save herself?
    I think she doesn’t. I think that she wouldn’t totally have the heart to do it, because Lydia has been living with this Whisperers’ philosophy but she still is not totally jaded by it. I think she would hesitate, and then I think if they hadn’t pulled the thing, if Daryl and Connie hadn’t rushed in with their scheme to save them, I think maybe Alpha would have actually just stabbed him herself. Maybe that’s what would have happened. I don’t think Lydia could have brought herself to do it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

And then, with Henry removed, would they have not killed Lydia? Would they consider the threat to her loyalty removed or kill her for lack of total obedience to the Alpha.

That story about letting Lydia turn blue from suffocating and then slapping her was horrifying. As if any child would not already have learned the lesson before the slap AND before the turning blue.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Not part of the story, so I don't care about "what if's".