Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

M1a1

Discussion in 'Episode 101 - Days Gone Bye' started by Misfit, Jul 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

One thing that's always bugged me about this episode is the tank. I was a tanker for nearly twenty years, and I can tell you that there is no floor escape hatch inside the vehicle. There's also nowhere near as much room in the turret as the episode would like you to believe.

Now I know I'm just nitpicking. All this was for the sake of the show. But it does irk me.

2. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

Ain't that the truth?

And I've often wondered how that one crew member that Rick confronts ended up dead. Also, where are the other three members? I guess they tried to take off and were cannabalized.

3. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

There was talk of a webisode that would explain the situation at that position, but it never panned out.

As for the tank, it is a British Chieftain I do believe. Made to look more like an Abrams. I do believe that the Chieftain has a hatch out the floor.

The question is; why was a US unit using a British tank? lol Its just an over site, but does bug some people. :)

4. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

How about being able to hear the dead outside hitting the sides of the tank. Tanks are made to take hits from other tanks, Rick shouldn't have been able to hear them hitting the sides.

From what I've read (about the proposed season 2 opener) the undead soldier wasn't one of the tank crew (he just took refuge there after being bitten), so there 'should' have been a few walkers in uniform in the crowd.

5. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

Thanks! Now I can slightly rest knowing he wasn't a member of the crew...

6. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

I appreciate that info. I never knew that it was a British tank made to resemble an M1.

7. StreborET

StreborET New Member

Some Observations:
    The tank is a British Chieftain.
    Tankers usually wear nomex (flame resistant) jumpsuits.
    The 50 cal is a prop.
    A smart commander would have the armored vehicles running over the targets instead of in static positions.
    Buttoned up tank + heat + decomposing body = quick exit.

#7 StreborET, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  8. Z_Splatter

Z_Splatter Member

How do we know the tank didnt run out of fuel. Kinda hard to escape with all those walkers around to stop at citgo.

9. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

Maybe it did. That's probably why they had left it on the streets.

10. loco

loco Member

The hatch in the floor wasn't there when Rick was crawling under the tank it showed up out of thin air when Rick placed the gun on his head. ...LOL

11. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I always write it off that in this fictional world the us just had tanks with bottom hatches.

12. maya15

maya15 Member

Well, thank you, I thought that I`m going crazy...LOL

Don`t get me wrong, I loved every minute of Days Gone Bye, I`m just glad that we all care so much about the show that we notice all kind of trivial things...

13. Diomasach

Diomasach Member

Thank you! There is a certain point where nitpicking just goes too far. Youy might as well ask why they never call them zombies. Because it's not our world...