Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Madison Clark

Discussion in 'Fear The Walking Dead Season 1' started by Zed Sanford, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Funion The Baba

I bet Maddie goes full Brazilian.

2. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

See, I agree that it's frustrating, but you've also got to try and see it from Madison's perspective. She doesn't really know what's going on herself. She's seen a couple of infected, but the entire phenomenon is still so strange and foreign to her that she has very little idea what's even going on. Trying to explain it to Alicia would probably be very difficult, all things considered.

3. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Agreed!
    She just bashed her bosses head in with a Fire Extinguisher and only really knows what she has seen and none of this makes any sense at all to her so what wold she tell anyone that could not sound like she is crazy herself?

I think it is pretty realistic as I can imagine it at least.

At every turn,everything she thinks she can count on has gone to crap fast and she still does not want to accept it,I now I wouldn't!

4. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

She doesn't have to say THAT. But she COULD tell her daughter that she and Travis and Nick saw some guy who was shot and hit by a car get right back up again, that there's a new drug (or something) out there that makes people VERY dangerous, and to stay well away from anyone acting oddly. That would only take a few seconds to say, and might save her daughter's life. I'd say that would be a better course of action than saying, "I'll tell you later".

5. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Again though, from Madison's perspective both of those options aren't that great. She could be honest and tell Alicia about what she saw, but that would scare the shit out of her and maybe even send her running off to find Matt again. She's also probably in quite a bit of shock and stress, so thinking of a lie of some sort probably isn't a great option.

In all of the trauma, distress, panic and fear that she's feeling right now, "I'll tell you later" is probably the best she can do at the moment.

6. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure when asked that question she has no idea what the answer is herself?

7. Morgotha

I understand what you're saying, but I think it's less effective telling your teenager "go home because I said so" than it would be to give them a REASON to listen what you're saying. And since Madison really, really wants Alicia to listen, she should take the extra few seconds and make sure she does.

8. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

we already know what Walkers are, they do not

i think that they are doing a really good job showing how some people would react to all of this

they do not understand yet that they are truly dead and that they can only be taken out with a head shot/stab

i really liked the scenes with the couple who were throwing the b-day party for their daughter; very horrific, where the zombie husband ended up attacking his wife and, without doubt, the b-day daughter; i would just shut the door also and protect my own family

your neighbors would think that you were nuts if you tried to tell them about seeing zombies

9. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I think she actually has the potential to turn villain.

10. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

She is like Andrea without the cool attidude and no personality.... It's kinda like Andrea after waking up in a pod from Invasion of the Body Snatchers..

11. rabscuttle1

Andrea was one of the worst characters on the show. She was way to far removed from her comic counterpart. Some changes are fine but she was no longer recognizable as the same person. Huge fan of Andrea from the comic. The writers f*cked her up on the show, though.

12. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

The actress was great. Great energy and attitude... I loved her til season 3, then the writers turned her into a complete idiot with the whole Governer fiasco... But Laurie Holden was Great..

13. rabscuttle1

I agree with you there. I like the actress. And I liked Andrea in season 1. It became obvious real quick in season 2 that I wasn't going to like the direction they were taking her character. As for Madison I don't have any feelings toward her character yet. Although it's obvious she'll do anything for Nick. I think there's good chance she'll do bad shit for that sake of Nick and the rest of her family. I don't think she'll be a villain for the sake of being one like the Claimers, who obviously liked being bad, but more like The Gov. She'll start off meaning well but I think she just might end up crossing the line until she's too far gone. At least at this time I think that would be a good story arc for her.

14. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Yeah, that would be a very interesting direction for her.. Her character is going to need some kind if interesting twist..

15. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

I read some article today from one of the writers or something that she's hiding some dark past from her family. Would be cool to revert to her old habits ... and fun to see the reaction from former students!

[​IMG]

16. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

I get that she is freaked out between her son and what is happening and get her inability to communicate it. There could have been a much better action sequence when she "extinguished" (get it) the principal followed by a real moment of revelation but then it was right back to the same old blah. They are missing the boat with this series so far.

17. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

At least they could have shoved 1 can of diced fruit in Toby's backpack....

#77 mtito914, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  18. Morgotha

I really disliked that even after seeing a neighbor trying to kill another in the yard across the street she STILL doesn't tell her senior in high school daughter what's going on! How's Alycia supposed to make rational decisions if she doesn't know what's happening?

19. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

It looked like she was about to tell her until the screaming started. And within that 30 seconds I'm sure she was more concerned about survival than relaying information. Fear does funny things. And we actually haven't seen the conclusion to that scene yet so we'll find out. I have a feeling it's going to be explained to Alicia fairly quick in this 3rd episode.

20. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

I have one beef about the writing on TWD and that is they never state the obvious things that would really help them and it looks like this will be the same. When TWD arrived in Virginia they never mentioned a tank and cannibals that I recall. It seems like that would be an obvious eye opener to get the villagers on their side. This is the same thing. Saying I just bashed your principal to death with a fire extinguisher after he was stabbed multiple times and never screamed, spoke, defended himself or backed off his attempts to literally bite me attack till there was nothing left of his head would get the ball rolling in the right direction for everyone. Crying in the bathroom is understandable it was a good scene but there needs to be info exchange.