Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Madison's Truth Session

Discussion in 'Episode 213 - Date of Death' started by PepperAnn, Sep 26, 2016.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I totally get why Madison felt now was the time to tell Alicia about her dad.

Now that she truly sees what all those years of neglect have done to Alicia, and also with Madison seeing what losing Chris has done to Travis.....she knew this truth needed to be told.

She wasn't intentionally neglecting Alicia (although she did lol). She was trying to keep their family from suffering the fate of losing two of its own through suicide instead of just one. And with Nick apparently being just like his father, that's the fate she saw coming. That was a big burden to carry. And Alicia seemed to have understood that after the initial shock.

Plus it feels like now that all the cards are out on the table.....they can really move forward with each other.

2. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Plus, Madison almost showed some kind of emotion in that scene (tough to say what one though). Must have been a 40+ takes one.

3. Znuts

Znuts Member

I agree Madison broke that news to Alicia at the right time. Now Alicia and Madison can hopefully grow and have a closer bond with each other going forward with no secrets. Being honest with the people you love and depend on is important, especially under the circumstances the group is in.

4. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

heh, Madison does seem to be on a permanent Valiumcation

5. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Hey, now...last week's episode when they laid Strand on the bed after being stabbed, he asked for a drink, and Madison smiled for approximately 1.02 seconds. I think she may have even done it twice.
    Baby steps.

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought it felt right too.

Just it time to set us up for Alicia's untimely demise....bwahahahah...

7. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

Actually you have a point there. In this world, coming to terms with people tends to herald their imminent demise!

Though I don't think what will actually happen here. lol.

8. Poppy

Poppy Member

Yes PepperAnn, I agree, but I think that the acting was terrible.
    And IIRC, I thought that the timing of their responses within their conversation was off. I don't remember exactly, but it wasn't like a natural conversation. Almost like there were sentences with in the discussion, that were edited out. Or something. :shakinghead:

9. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Rewatching the episode at the moment and I just realized another reason Madison decided to come clean to Alicia. She had just finished listening to Travis say how he was upset that the last thing Chris heard him say as he was driving off was "Goddammn you Chris" and he never told him he loved him. Then he was saying something to the effect that in this new life, you have to say what you mean and make sure you let people know whatever because they could be gone before you know it and you never told them.

As soon as he said that Madison said "I have to go find Alicia"

So after the talk I realized, Madison didn't want her to go through life thinking she loved Nick more than her or chose Nick over her....etc and before it was too late she needed to address it. So she came clean.

Maybe I am being Captain Obvious here....it was just my own little epiphany. lol

10. Balthazars

Balthazars Member

Madisons must be the worst acting ive seen in a long long while.

She is hopelessly cast.

She is only capable of one expression...a kinda constipated poker face looking into the distance like a dog....add to that the whiny obnoxious voice....and the unlikeable character...

• Agree Agree x 1