Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Maggie Evens the Score. Right or Wrong?

Discussion in 'Episode 808 - How It's Gotta Be' started by Weallgotit, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I for one am not mad at Maggie for killing that POW Savior when she got back to the Hilltop. I doubt that Glenn would agree with me. But what say you? Does this make her just as bad as the Saviors?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I'm going to agree with Maggie that they aren't even yet

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Oh not even close. I think it was well thought out and she’s doing what she can to save her people. Plus that guy didn’t give a crap about her or her prenatal vitamins when he tried to kill Jesus so I think Glenn would have been right there with her.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I like it. She's not giving up, she's taking a stand.

Question though, did Simon not realize Maggie is the widow or did Negan change his mind? He wanted Rick, Zeke, and Maggie on the fence. I get that Simon said the hilltop was chosen to keep serving the saviors but that doesn't necessarily mean Maggie doesn't die.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I say it's right. Who cares. This is war. Neil was an innocent man who was murdered. Dean was a bad man who did not give two shits about a pregnant woman and her baby. And he tried to kill Tara and Jesus. He's a no no. Maggie chose one of the bad ones to kill, so that was good, versus one of the more "less bad" Saviors, like Alden.

She better kill Jared next! And then there were 37...

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Well it seems that she's not fooling around anymore. She's gonna do what it takes to make a last stand and if that means offing one of those goons, and one who needed killing, as part of the plan so be it. At least the rest are gonna take her a little bit more seriously now, cause killing is what they understand.

As to why Simon didn't kill her outright, I don't know unless Eugene let it slip that she was pregnant and the orders got changed around to kill her only if she put up a fight, if that would make a difference to Negan.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Walkerwarrior

Walkerwarrior New Member

I think Maggie made a statement needed to be made especiallynow with Rick going through his issues.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

That's a good point. It didnt occur to me as I was watching the show.

9. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

How is this even a question? Of course she was right to shoot him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

She picked the right butthead to do it to. I was impressed with how fast she wanted the box and how it was part of her plan. Emotional but strategic..

• Like Like x 3
  11. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I like that she shot the asshole but think she maybe reacted too quickly too?

Simon/negan do not realize yet that there are prisoners but they also think those guys are already dead.
    I bet they could not really care less when they find out despite negans hollow B.S. about caring about his people speeches.

I think she might have tipped her hand before seeing if it really has the value she thinks it might?

I also think she just needs to shoot Ratface right away and also Jesus if he does not shut up about it!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I thought it was fantastic that she shot him. I thought it was going to be Jared, but he was an excellent choice also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Considering that Tara would have been correct in executing all of them, this is about as controlled and measured as you're going to see after everything that has happened.

I'd have taken out the other problematic one as well and shipped it over to the Saviors. Long hair.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Funion The Barbarian

Funion The Barbarian Active Member

What I don't understand is why they didn't have a gun battle with the Saviors when they trapped them on the road. It's not like they didn't see them coming. Get out and shoot 'em up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Good call, Maggie. It is a little Negan-esque, though, to shoot one guy in front of others in a moment when he isn't causing trouble.

16. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

She was wrong to kill that guy instead of Jared.

17. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

This was my other question. What will happen now that Maggie has sent the dead Savior with a message to Simon or Negan? Like you, I don't think they even realized those thugs were at Hilltop. It will be interesting how they respond to there big package delivery.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Reflexx

Reflexx Member

That guy deserved to be killed. He's the one that tiles up the other prisoners. Keeping him alive increases the risk. I'm pretty sure she was already looking for a reason to kill him. She just needed a reason.

The Saviors won't care that he's dead or that there are 38 others. But they would be glad to use it as propaganda to inspire their people and convince them the Hilltop is evil. And to the regular worker folk, I wouldn't blame them for thinking the Hilltop is evil.

At this point, I'm not sure how much actions like what Maggie did are good or bad. They're in the middle of a war. It's just a part of war.

19. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Jared is equally as douchey, but I felt it was fitting that she be the one to kill him after what he did to Jesus when Jesus was giving him a chance to live. And after he basically said he doesn't give a sh*t about Maggie, and even stepped on prenatal vitamins that could have gone to her. When he called her cupcake it was just the nail in the coffin.

BUT YES Jared needs to be next. No good will come from him!

20. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I would execute them all and probably place their bodies in a pile outside with pikes around em, crazy Dark Ages in Europe style. Showing Saviours we will die fighting.

• Agree Agree x 1