Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Maggie Evens the Score. Right or Wrong?

Discussion in 'Episode 808 - How It's Gotta Be' started by Weallgotit, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Reina

Reina Active Member

All I could think of was wasn't that what Negan did when he killed Abe? For killing his men. I get it, though. So, no hate mail!

2. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

She was absolutely right.

Also I'm starting to think the rest of the POW's will help the Hilltop once Negan shows he probably won't care about them when he finds out they were captured. Team Rick sure could use the extra manpower since the Kingdom has lost its troops.

3. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

I was cheering when she did it. She thinks the others might very well be dead, and she's the one left standing. My Spidey senses tingled when she asked for the box. And I love her message. It was the anti-Negan: direct; concise; clear. I thought her choice of victim was interesting. And damn, it showed the prisoners just how serious she is about this shit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I had this exact thought! I was wondering if Negan or Simon would even give two craps about those guys, and this could be a pivotal point in winning over some saviors. Not only the prisoners, but any of the others who witness it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I near had an orgasm when she popped him off like FU
    And then said "You wanna be next?"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

I'm glad she did what she did. She's showing that she is absolutely done with the Saviors and their shit. She isn't a pushover and she means business.

I would've loved it though, if she'd shot Gregory hahahaha!!!!!

7. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

You should rewatch.

Outnumbered, outflanked and this would get everyone killed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

She's never been a pushover. The pushover was Glenn unfortunately, if you recall -- Maggie was even annoyed with the fact that Nicholas was allowed to live after he tried to kill Glenn. In their relationship Glenn was the softer yin to her harder yang even from the jump, he softened her up and made her more malleable.

Maggie at her core is hardcore and with Glenn gone she'll crack skulls.

I <3 Maggie.

Why is anybody listening to Jesus? They're going to listen to Jesus now that the Saviors are out and it's open season on everyone?

Rick's being a moron. Jesus is an ultra moron. Daryl is right but a premature hothead with tactics and Tara and Maggie are adequately handling the situation as it rolls.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I would probably go with a Two for One scenario. Since Saviours are at least twice the number it seems.

10. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Maggie was wrong. You don't kill hostages who are no immediate threat to you. She's no better than Negan.

Although I will say to Scott Gimple that showing this SAME MORAL DILEMMA YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR is getting really tiresome.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

#1 - Given their situation -- all 30 or so of those Savior's are a 100% immediate threat to the HillTop and all that needs to happen is another Savior crew to roll thru and start a fight or put it's foot down and then you've got 30 more released and angry ready to rape and kill. Maggie laid down the law psychologically on those MF'ers, all of whom were being treated softly and looking for an edge in there. This particular one she executed also already tried to pull some shit on them prior and showed a sadistic personality. He and long hair had been taunting and threatening. So given the situation that the "good guys" face right now with Negan and Simon out, you're going to seriously say that the captive Savior's are "no immediate threat"? Specifically violent and aggressive ones that taunt?

#2 - Of course she is better than Negan. She doesn't torture, kill, oppress and torment innocent people as a brutal dictatorial maniac. We also have to go back to the obvious and it's that the Savior's drew 1st blood in Season 6 and drew first blood on numerous other communities. The Savior's act in a manner that even our grey area morality current group that has no issue with killing would never act, where as Rick and Daryl are def no saints anymore -- they don't actively seek to subjugate and kill innocent people and aren't rapists.

I agree that these same themes are tiresome, but what's even more tiresome are these themes and nuances not being understood after they've been repeated many times already.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. tink

tink Well-Known Member

@Ionut , that may be the way you feel about things, but since this thread is about people's opinions, mine is just as valid.

I stated my OPINION very clearly. You have a different one. BFD.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Yeah but if your opinion is that Maggie is no better than Negan because of shooting the savior and your criteria is from concepts of morality tied to our existence in modern civilization -- then objectively it's an inconsistent position.

Negan has a track record of doing objectionably immoral things miles longer than Maggie(or anyone else on the group's side) and we can cite example after example.

And inconsistency in philosophy means that the inconsistent position is factually and logically wrong. ;)

If the opinion is not tied to modern civilization's morality standards, then there's no scale to place a judgement on any individual and nobody would be worse or equivalent to anyone in a morality judgement.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

It's my opinion that the opinion 'all opinions are valid opinions' is not a valid opinion. But that's just my opinion...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

Personally I think Maggie is in the right. She is trying to prove a point, and she knows that most of the Saviors are bad and can't be trusted. She needs to let Simon and Negan know she's not one to be f*cked with, and if she has to do that one Savior's body at a time, good for her.

16. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

With all of the other idiotic decisions going on from the Kingdom/ASZ/HillTop faction -- Maggie's actions only prove that she's the right person for the leadership role over the entire faction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Funion The Barbarian

Funion The Barbarian Active Member

I deleted it so please tell me or answer this for me. From what I saw the road was blocked and Simon and Co drove up from behind with 3 cars, maybe 4. That is equal to or less than what Maggie and Jesus had in their convoy. Did I miss more saviors coming out of the woods?

PEACE OUT

18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

EW interview w/ Lauren about her badass move in Hilltop

Funniest bit is noted in red, cracked me up that she forgot a certain someone
    http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/18/walking-dead-lauren-cohan-maggie-negan/

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What was it like when you first found out about Maggie shooting that Savior in cold blood and sending him back to Negan? Because that was a huge move for her.
    LAUREN COHAN: I think that these actions definitely ripple through her, as we saw at the end of episode 8. She is so determined to take some kind of action when they get back from their conversation at the road with Simon, and so shaken up. This has honestly been like the wave hitting the shore since losing Glenn. I just think there’s only so much that a person can take, and in the aftermath of all of this happening, she really does need to put her foot down and show that she’s running the f—ing show at the Hilltop, and show that she’s going to direct things there. This definitely sends that message.

She’s thinking about Hershel and Glenn and where she’s come from and what she now needs to do and how she now needs to suit up. I don’t think she regrets doing it, but she does feel it. This is just an armament that is becoming more and more necessary for her. It’s just one of the hard decisions that we’re going to see her having to make.

Was that move of hers to shoot that guy and put him in the coffin all calculated strategy? Was there any just straight-up revenge in there? Or was it a mix of the two things?
    Oh yeah, I think it was definitely impulsive revenge and reaction, based on how she reacts after it all happens, in cold blood killing somebody. But does she feel that it still has the desired effect? I think that she does. I was believing that Maggie was kind of navigating this world still with compassion and still a really hopeful person, but she’s just really pulled in different directions trying to sustain that. So I was really surprised, and I think I realized, “Oh, this is kind of what’s been brewing for her underneath all along.”

She’s dealing with that while trying to maintain some control and give into her compassionate side and her hopeful side, but she obviously had this lurking anger. More than anything, I think she just got to a point where she snaps and she reacts. We can all relate to your patience being tested and your heart being broken and you still try to do the right thing despite just wanting to lash out. I mean, what would be appropriate to what you’ve gone through? I think that she’s just at a point now. You can see everybody’s sort of threadbare. She gave into that anger.

But I guess the question going forward then is after someone does that, one of two things can happen: Either it becomes easier for them to continually do that and go down that dark path, or they have a moment where they go, “Whoa, I’ve got to pull back now.” What can you say in terms of Maggie moving forward now after doing that? Which of those paths is she going to be on?
    She continues down this path of vengeance after Negan that I feel like the audience is on. I really feel like Maggie gets to vocalize the anger towards that enemy in this, and it gets very much more specific as we go on. That definitely, in some strokes, came as a surprise to me because we had this sort of subdued seeming feeling for her, and it was like, wow, is it really going to be okay? Am I recovering? Am I becoming just this leader who can handle all this and put the past behind her? Sometimes yes, sometimes no, and that’s life, I guess.

19. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Switch the never and forever and make it Beth Greene instead of Redman. :p

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1